Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster New Zealand / Misc International Versions

Started by Small Man Big Horse, December 02, 2020, 08:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

I can't imagine her standup's for me, but Urzila Carlson is doing a UK tour next year too.

The Lurker

Two Hearts (the duo Laura Daniel is in) are also at the Fringe this year

buntyman

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on May 23, 2022, 11:56:38 PMStudio recordings for NZ series 3 started this week, so we should discover the lineup soon. Paul Williams replied to someone on Twitter (or maybe Instagram) to say that he thinks it'll be on TV in July.

I'm going to one of the recordings on Thursday. Haven't watched much of the NZ series but might have judged the episode I watched of the first series too harshly

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 24, 2022, 12:00:28 AMPaul is at the Fringe

Quote from: The Lurker on May 24, 2022, 09:09:22 AMTwo Hearts (the duo Laura Daniel is in) are also at the Fringe this year

They're both doing warm up gigs at the Pleasance in London in July near(ish) to the end of the month: https://www.pleasance.co.uk/via/search/london/type/comedy/type/cabaret%20and%20variety

SteveDave

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on May 24, 2022, 10:23:39 AMThey're both doing warm up gigs at the Pleasance in London in July near(ish) to the end of the month: https://www.pleasance.co.uk/via/search/london/type/comedy/type/cabaret%20and%20variety

I was looking to see if Paul Williams was doing anything in London and thanks you, I am now going to see him. Yiss.

DrGreggles

Quote from: The Lurker on May 24, 2022, 09:09:22 AMTwo Hearts (the duo Laura Daniel is in) are also at the Fringe this year

Laura makes me a bit hot under the collar...

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: SteveDave on May 24, 2022, 11:43:02 AMI was looking to see if Paul Williams was doing anything in London and thanks you, I am now going to see him. Yiss.

I'm going too and can't believe it's only a fiver and that I get to see Olga Koch too, who's always been fantastic in the past.

Quote from: DrGreggles on May 24, 2022, 11:59:20 AMLaura makes me a bit hot under the collar...

She's performing with her fiancé, so I'm afraid you will have to murder him if there's to be any chance of romance.

Famous Mortimer

It was someone on here who recommended it, but Paul Williams' album "Surf Music" is pretty damn good too. In fact, it's probably earlier in this thread.

Fingers crossed for Pax Assadi being in this one, he's got the right energy to be a great contestant.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 24, 2022, 02:41:40 PMIt was someone on here who recommended it, but Paul Williams' album "Surf Music" is pretty damn good too. In fact, it's probably earlier in this thread.

It's great.  It was James Acaster's pre-show music on his 'Cold Lasagna' tour.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on May 24, 2022, 02:41:40 PMIt was someone on here who recommended it, but Paul Williams' album "Surf Music" is pretty damn good too. In fact, it's probably earlier in this thread.

I think I bought it after Acaster played it, but it took me quite a few episodes of TM NZ before it dawned that it was the same Paul Williams.

The video for 'Surf Music' also features Brynley Stent from season 1 (and Rose Matafeo):

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: thelittlemango on May 24, 2022, 04:58:21 PMThe video for 'Surf Music' also features Brynley Stent from season 1 (and Rose Matafeo):

On the Brynley and Rose front, the improv group Snort are part of the same night as Laura Daniel's Pleasance gig, and the blurb claims "SNORT sees New Zealand's best comedians (including Rose Matafeo, Laura Daniel, Joseph Moore, Eli Matthewson, Nic Sampson, James Roque, Paul Williams, Brynley Stent, Rhiannon McCall and more) build an intricate hour of far-fetched, high-stakes comedy, entirely made up on the spot, featuring a brand new guest every night", I'm presuming not all of those will be present that night, but I'm hoping Paul Williams and Brynley Stent will be.

And when it comes to Paul's music, I'm a big fan of all of it, and would recommend buying Jungle River Adventure and Songs About Girls as well as Surf Music, I love all three almost equally, and I'm extremely fond of Absent Treatment from the former.

The Lurker

QuoteShortland Street star Kura Forrester returns to her comedy roots with award-winning comedian Chris Parker, funnyman Josh Thomson, Justine Smith and comedy veteran Paul Ego.

Poor Justine Smith

Famous Mortimer

Paul Ego hasn't been good anywhere I've seen him, but the rest of the castlook okay.

Replies From View

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on December 02, 2020, 08:21:03 PMAs there's a lot of interest in the NZ show, and some vague interest in other countries take on the series, I thought I'd start a thread. You can get the international episodes from this reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/panelshow/comments/c7yns3/taskmaster_international_editions_collection/ while episodes of the New Zealand show are here: https://www.reddit.com/r/panelshows/

The New Zealand one definitely seems to be the best non-English version, and I'd say it's even a bit better than this current UK one (though I am very, very fond of that too), and as for the other series I'm fond of the Norwegian one, even if the subtitles are a bit naff, and the Swedish one wasn't too bad, though I've only watched a few episodes so far.

Sorry to be so late to this thread, but there can't be many series of Taskmaster in New Zealand since there's only about thirty people even living there

Hat FM

wish they would show the nz version in this country, i always recomend it to people and i can see it in their eyes that they aren't going to bother despte their nods. hoping its easy to torrent.

AsparagusTrevor

The first two seasons were on Youtube so it was easy enough to watch. I do know what you mean though, I'd also recommended it to people who probably just forgot about it seconds later. I did successfully convince my parents to watch it though.

The Lurker

Quote from: Replies From View on June 25, 2022, 04:40:20 PMSorry to be so late to this thread, but there can't be many series of Taskmaster in New Zealand since there's only about thirty people even living there

They've already ran out of people called Guy

Replies From View

Famous Mortimer

TheDHolford

Anyone got a link to the new episode of New Zealand for a UKer? Tried the Reddit drive link and doesn't work! Normally posted ot Youtube, but can't see it currently.

Small Man Big Horse

Someone posted a way to get the Reddit file to download even if it says it won't if you're using chrome:

Go to https://drive.google.com and click on recent. You should see the file there. Click on it and then press the shift button to select a second file (it really doesn't matter what, just something you've either uploaded or downloaded using your google drive), then right click and hit download. It will zip up both files, download the zip, then just unpack it when it has downloaded.

TheDHolford

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 06, 2022, 03:45:52 PMSomeone posted a way to get the Reddit file to download even if it says it won't if you're using chrome:

Go to https://drive.google.com and click on recent. You should see the file there. Click on it and then press the shift button to select a second file (it really doesn't matter what, just something you've either uploaded or downloaded using your google drive), then right click and hit download. It will zip up both files, download the zip, then just unpack it when it has downloaded.

Thank you! Just tried and worked immediately! Thanks!

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 06, 2022, 03:45:52 PMSomeone posted a way to get the Reddit file to download even if it says it won't if you're using chrome:

Worked a treat, ta muchly.

Ja'moke

A decent first episode. The cast not as immediately likable as the first two series, but could grow on me.

Some strong tasks, though.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 06, 2022, 07:20:16 PMA decent first episode. The cast not as immediately likable as the first two series, but could grow on me.

Some strong tasks, though.

That was my response too, I enjoyed it and it's great to have it back, but I think only Chris Parker and Kura Forrester have the potential to be great contestants and the other three are a bit nothing-y. I didn't dislike any of them, but they only made me smile rather than laugh, and I have a feeling that Paul and the editing team are going to have to do a certain amount of heavy lifting this series.

I think the problem this new series will have is that the previous one was probably the best Taskmaster there's ever been, except maybe the Bob Mortimer/Mark Watson series. The new cast aren't as immediately likeable like @JA'moke says, but by the end of the episode they warmed on me in their own way. Looking forward to more.

Incidentally Guy Montgomery's recent set which he put on Bandcamp is extremely good.