Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:02:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Cuellar on June 18, 2022, 12:42:37 AMI'm struggling to keep track of whether TBEU is anticipating or reacting to Labour news.

I think the end goal is a singularity.

idunnosomename

sir King starmer with rachel "tighten your belt so your legs drop off" reeves, wes "Yum yum!!" streeting et al just keeps the cringe content rolling daily, rivalling that of the government. incredible stuff.

Sebastian Cobb

DM doing some rather odd expectation management.

idunnosomename

only incredibly boring people tell you family stories like that

shoulders

New criteria for being interesting: another totally different person is interesting

dissolute ocelot

Doesn't everyone from Essex or East London have some kind of Krays story?

idunnosomename

Grandad is nailing me to a table. Yum yum!!

king_tubby

Ferris

Can't wait for God-Emperor Wes to lead us into the golden age.

lipsink

Has Wes done enough 'pretending to be Left Wing' to be voted in as Leader? I mean, he said one thing resembling what a human being might say and since apologised for it.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: king_tubby on June 19, 2022, 12:34:08 PM

Lol said the scorpion. Lmao.

lol this is going to upset some people who quite happily reached for hodges articles condemning corbyn.

jobotic

Certainly looks like knives are out for Starmer. Shame its going to be such a Jo Swinson election night moment when it comes.

Any reason why Streeting won't keep Akehurst and Evans etc on board?

greencalx

The vultures do seem to be circling. I'd be amazed if Johnson goes before Starmer.

EDIT: In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Keith has fessed up to the Durham plod so he can step down with some honour and dignity rather than have the party push him out.

Sebastian Cobb

The Times (de paywalled) are reporting that Starmer's going to give a speech ruling out a return of free movement with Europe.

I wonder if your Dunt's, Kennedy's and Femi's will condemn or bury their heads in the sand.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteIn a speech to Labour councillors yesterday, Starmer said that "nothing could make me angrier" than the government's Rwanda resettlement policy.

Progressive policies and Labour leaders who actually stand for something seem to make Starmer a lot angrier than the policy of deporting refugees to Rwanda.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 20, 2022, 12:05:44 PMThe Times (de paywalled) are reporting that Starmer's going to give a speech ruling out a return of free movement with Europe.

I wonder if your Dunt's, Kennedy's and Femi's will condemn or bury their heads in the sand.
incredible https://twitter.com/IanDunt/status/1538798156405776384

Hes wrong: but its good actually

Sebastian Cobb

Oh wow, usually he just contradicts himself between tweets rather than directly in them.

king_tubby

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1538939029315624961

QuoteLabour front benchers have been told by the party leadership that they are banned from picket lines this week amid rail strikes

EOLAN

Maybe Keith meant it as (only) opposing Tory attacks on the right.
Labour to take (own) industrial action and weaken workers rights 

Sebastian Cobb

Maybe Starmer only went to Wapping in the 80's to get directions away from there.

Video Game Fan 2000

what would the tory equivalent of this be? members are no longer allowed to forward racist chain emails? MPs should not fuck flags? members must not be seen in the comment threads under Benny Hill and It Ain't Half Hot Mum youtube videos?

idunnosomename

MPs should not be seen at the Victoria and Albert Museum party fundraising event tonight soliciting more donations from wealthy party donors

so funny that the director of the V&A is Tristram Hunt. the Led By Donkeys projection on the Cromwell Road front of course neglected to mention this

Bernice

What a massive fucking coward. Genuinely pathetic.

Sebastian Cobb

And it doesn't even work on the terms they believe it to; Labour try and sound like the Tories and then the Tories brief that Labour are responsible for them anyway.

jobotic

Just like when they wrap themselves in flags and cheer on the police.

They're still unpatriotic and soft on crime.

Still as long as nothing good can ever happen they're doing their job.

jobotic

Rayner's joined a picket line.

No one's listening to Keith! More police! more flags!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: jobotic on June 21, 2022, 11:39:00 AMRayner's joined a picket line.

No one's listening to Keith! More police! more flags!

Got a link?

I searched and got distracted and found something interesting - Labour have announced as a follow-on from what Sienna Rodgers repkrted last night, that Starmer's chief whip will decide any disciplinary action for people that attend pickets, however Rayner is the one person Starmer can't sack. Which makes her joining a picket very funny if true.

jobotic

On The Guardian live feed. Sorry can't screenshot atm

QuoteAnas Sarwar, Diane Abbott and Angela Rayner are the latest Labour leaders to join picket lines in solidarity with RMT union members, despite Keir Starmer's office telling shadow cabinet members that to "show leadership" frontbenchers "should not be on picket lines".

Labour deputy leader and MP for Ashton-under-Lyne, Angela Rayner, wrote on Twitter:

Workers have been left with no choice. No one takes strike action lightly. I will always defend their absolute right to do so for fairness at work. The PM needs to do his own job. His Government caused this. Now they must solve it.