Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:35:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury 2022

Started by Beagle 2, June 24, 2022, 02:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 25, 2022, 11:49:58 PMBring Ringo on.

It'd be like WWF. The lights dim and the Thomas the Tank Engine theme hits and ringo shuffles out to the immense pop of the crowd, the commentator's scream "Ringo Starr! Ringo Starr! Mah gawd"

And he immediately does a peace sign and flogs his NFTs.

iamcoop

Quote from: non capisco on June 25, 2022, 11:46:25 PMHe knows what he has to do to win the crowd back. Come on, Macca. You can do it right now, please.

You spoke, he listened. Fuh You rings out and Glastonbury melts. One for the ages. This is what memories are made of.

Nowhere Man

To anyone wondering about the Johnny Depp music video to My Valentine, he's been touring that song and video for about near enough a decade at this point, 2012 I think. And he's pretty much had the song in his live set since. So no relevance to anything Depp has done since the video was made.

Purple Toupee

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

This finishes at half 12, right? He needs about 20 minutes for Hey Jude, so running out of time here.

checkoutgirl

Lovely head of hair on Paul there.

checkoutgirl

Was this voted the most annoying song ever a few years ago?

non capisco

Resorted to just doing Offspring covers now.

imitationleather

Paul McCartney kind of sounds like a knackered version of The Coral, right?

kalowski

Must admit it's pretty cool hearing him play the Abbey Road medley

Chollis

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Nowhere Man on June 25, 2022, 11:57:26 PMTo anyone wondering about the Johnny Depp music video to My Valentine, he's been touring that song and video for about near enough a decade at this point, 2012 I think. And he's pretty much had the song in his live set since. So no relevance to anything Depp has done since the video was made.

That makes me feel a little bit better, but only a little bit. No Macca no :'(

Having said that, he did Maybe I'm Amazed and is now doing Bathroom Window so I couldn't be happier

checkoutgirl

Regardless it's impressive for 80 years old and a testament to the healing and regenerative properties of a strictly vegetarian diet from a relatively early age.

imitationleather

Quote from: checkoutgirl on June 26, 2022, 12:10:24 AMRegardless it's impressive for 80 years old and a testament to the healing and regenerative properties of a strictly vegetarian diet being a multi-millionaire from a relatively early age.

FTFY

It surprises me how often he lifts his bass up to see where on the fretboard he is. Doesn't the hofner have side dots along the neck?

checkoutgirl

If he ate meat he'd either be dead or in a wheelchair. Although he did smoke joints of hash into his sixties so I don't know how it works at all really.

checkoutgirl

Interesting. He cancelled Glastonbury a few years ago over a broken leg.

Norton Canes

kalowski

I assume everyone laughed at Dave Grohl singing with Macca.

Nowhere Man

Fuck off Dave grohl you boring bellend

Chollis

The moon is right
The spirits up
We're here tonight
And that's enough

imitationleather

Quote from: checkoutgirl on June 26, 2022, 12:15:09 AMInteresting. He cancelled Glastonbury a few years ago over a broken leg.

Wouldn't catch Mark E Smith doing that.

And he died aged 60.

Maybe Paul had a point.

Purple Toupee

Good to see Paul get the young people involved

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Even when Foo Fighters are unexpectedly not playing any random festival, Dave hangs around, just in case.

Butchers Blind

Just when you thought this set couldn't get any more mediocre... Dave Grohl.

the science eel

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Purple Toupee on June 26, 2022, 12:16:22 AMGood to see Paul get the young people involved

To Paul, Grohl is a veritable teenager. What's he gonna do? Get Billiam Eilish on?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 26, 2022, 12:16:46 AMEven when Foo Fighters are unexpectedly not playing any random festival, Dave hangs around, just in case.

Grohl insinuates himself into the culture. For reasons best known to himself.