Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:12:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

RTD back for Doctor Who

Started by Jack Shaftoe, September 24, 2021, 04:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

He has the Chibnall logo on his shirt, what a laughing stock!!!

Kelvin

Gatwa looking fantastically Doctorly on that t-shirt.

McDead

Quote from: Replies From View on June 28, 2022, 05:06:21 PMHe has the Chibnall logo on his shirt, what a laughing stock!!!

Terrible, pound shop rubbish

BritishHobo

Been a bit of controversy on Twitter as it looks to be a knock-off which uses somebody's fan-art without their permission.

kittens

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 28, 2022, 09:02:54 PMBeen a bit of controversy on Twitter as it looks to be a knock-off which uses somebody's fan-art without their permission.

lol someone photoshopped a picture they didnt take of an actor into a picture they didn't take of a suit and stuck on a logo of a famous tv show. my ART! you need my permission to reproduce MY art!

kittens

huh unless they drawed it. but then they just drawed a famous guy. sorry but if you draw tom cruise then tom cruise owns that drawing. this is common sense

JamesTC

Quote from: kittens on June 28, 2022, 11:39:32 PMlol someone photoshopped a picture they didnt take of an actor into a picture they didn't take of a suit and stuck on a logo of a famous tv show. my ART! you need my permission to reproduce MY art!

He's delighted that Gosling wore it, Gatwa saw it and RTD commented on it. He is annoyed that people take the things he makes just for people to enjoy online and sell them on shirts with neither his permission or the permission of the BBC. I think it is fair enough, really.

BritishHobo

Quote from: kittens on June 28, 2022, 11:39:32 PMlol someone photoshopped a picture they didnt take of an actor into a picture they didn't take of a suit and stuck on a logo of a famous tv show. my ART! you need my permission to reproduce MY art!

Yeah some other people on Twitter pointed out the unlicensed use of the logo and image, which made me laugh.

There was a similar controversy a few months back where somebody 3D-printed a model of something from a Disneyland ride, and then accused Disney of plagiarism when they started selling their own. But his model was literally just the thing from Disneyland, identical in every single detail and colour. It's an odd clash between internet fanwork and official licensing I suppose.

kittens

Quote from: JamesTC on June 28, 2022, 11:46:12 PMHe's delighted that Gosling wore it, Gatwa saw it and RTD commented on it. He is annoyed that people take the things he makes just for people to enjoy online and sell them on shirts with neither his permission or the permission of the BBC. I think it is fair enough, really.

see i figured he was mad at ryan gosling. sure, fair enough he's mad at someone selling his photoshop. but then he did just make a photoshop of a celebrity. cant get too mad about it

Replies From View

I'm going to copyright the concept of Doctor Who Series 16 and fucking rake it in lads

wish me luck

Replies From View

adobe owns photoshop by the way.  officially nobody is allowed to use it as a tool for generating their own income.

remember the working class motto:  THE TOOLS OF PRODUCTION and the rest is crossed out

JamesTC

Quote from: kittens on June 29, 2022, 08:11:01 AMbut then he did just make a photoshop of a celebrity. cant get too mad about it

People regularly take his stuff and try to sell it, which he finds annoying as he wasn't trying to commercially exploit anything (because he knows he doesn't own the rights to this stuff).

It is actually why he has had to add a watermark across the artwork. I think it was sparked by somebody printing out alternative DVD covers he'd done and selling them on eBay. Not that the watermark has stopped people. Hence why Ryan Gosling is now wearing a shirt with a watermark of his name on it.

kittens

i will never, ever back down no matter how much evidence is produced that proves how wrong i was in my initial thoughts about this matter. i consider this case closed!

Replies From View

There are people who wear only watermarks without even the artwork.  Ticks with "just doing it" written on.  REVBOK, ADDIDAD and dunlope.  I once saw a guy with an alien resurrection font on his clothes 🙄

have the picture at least

Replies From View

Mister Six

Can you sum up what the videos are saying when you post them please, @Replies From View ? Sometimes I do t have the mobile bandwidth (or time, or TBH inclination) to watch them.

samadriel

It's a fella talking about disabled access in the TARDIS, mentioning snaps of Tennant wheeling a wheelchaired Wilf out of the TARDIS, and comparing the fairly wheelchair-friendly original console rooms to the modern ones.

Replies From View

Tsk, what's next, eh? Gender neutral toilets?

I jest, of course. Everyone knows there are no toilets in the TARDIS. The Doctor simply parks the TARDIS in deep space and you piss and/or shit into the freezing vacuum.

Norton Canes

K9 managed without a ramp (or a toilet)

Alberon

Be careful, Doctor Who! The Daleks will be able to get at you in the Tardis now!

superthunderstingcar

It would make sense that the Time Lords would have reconfigured their Tardises to be wheelchair inaccessible when in a Time War against the Daleks.

If the Time War had been against the Cybermen then the console rooms would be blingy as all fuck.

If the Time War had been against the Ice Warriors they would have just turned the central heating up.

purlieu

I think it'd be much better if the Doctor didn't allow disabled people on his TARDIS altogether.

Mister Six

Everyone knows people only become disabled to upset decent non-woke folks, just like all them people who become gays or transes or Muslims or blacks, with the exception of ARE BRAVE INVICTUS BOYS, whom we acknowledge with a solemn nod before putting them out of our minds forever.

olliebean

We all know the disabled AGENDA: Everyone ends up disabled. Talk about a great replacement conspiracy.

mjwilson

I think Big Finish have a companion who is a wheelchair user now (both the actor and the character).

daf

Yes, with the Sixth Doctor.

Dr Hebe Harrison [pronounced 'Heebie'] - played by Ruth Madeley - is a Marine Biologist and an ex-student of Big Finish's first original 6th Doctor companion Evelyn Smythe

QuoteStudying at Sheffield Hallam University, Hebe befriended Evelyn Smythe, who told her to make use of emergency packages containing chocolate cake and also gave her a button for her mobile phone to use when she was in trouble; unbeknownst to Hebe, the button could send an SOS to the TARDIS.

JamesTC

Ahh, hadn't heard they tied it into Evelyn. That's lovely.

Replies From View

Quote from: mjwilson on July 02, 2022, 08:31:58 AMI think Big Finish have a companion who is a wheelchair user now (both the actor and the character).

ARGH GOD WOKE

SURELY one of the joys of audio is it gives wheelchair users the opportunity to pretend they have functioning legs and can go lalaalalaaa running around

HOW DARE THE WOKENS SUBTRACT THAT FROM THEM

Replies From View

Quotethe button could send an SOS to the TARDIS.

surely the TARDIS has its own sausages