Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:37:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Greybum Muchtransanger - the continuing TERFery of Graham Linehan

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, June 03, 2022, 10:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: glinnerThe show is written, the songs are there.
Always see him claim stuff like this and part of me thinks maybe it is done, maybe it's ready to go they just need a venue and cast, cause no one would lie about something that would be so easily provably false?

But then I remember how much of the shit he spouts is vastly exaggerated if not outright provably false lies. I still don't know how much of what he spouts he believes whether he's said all this shit so often he actually convinced himself that his version of Events is true. It doesn't really matter whether he believes it or not he's still a massive piece of shit who's output hurts people.

Ferris

Hang on - are Mathews, Hannon and Woodfull back off The Revenge List?!

QuoteIf Jimmy Mulvile doesn't want to make the musica with me, why doesn't he release the rights so I can do it with Arthur Mathews and Neil Hannon,
who I'm sure stand with me on these issues?

Err might be an idea to check potassium levels with them first mate.

Quote...believes that women exist and their rights are important?

This is what frustrates me about him - nobody is denying women exist. There's no need for "belief", women objectively exist and their rights are objectively important. He's trying to imply there are a subset of people who don't think this is the case, which is cobblers.

His problem is not including all categories of women, and only focusing on some very bizarre niche "rights" like having a piss in a cubicle, rather than, say, the right for American women to have an abortion.

In fact, the only people that have that monomaniacal focus use it as a cover for another belief that is openly bigoted (like the BNP and "we are just defending British culture"). Add in the fact that he's unable to have a conversation without burning bridges and DMing threatening messages to Matt Lucas and you have the crux of the real reason why no one will work with him.

But that would involve a modicum of self criticism, so no it's the village whispers on a global level and entirely not his fault that his family left him and his career's finished.

boki

retsuza

Quote from: graemeFather Ted was a pretty big show in Ireland, right? Why am I being silenced, then? Why are my perfectly commonplace opinions suddenly taboo, and my name synonymous with bigotry?

He defintiely says this to himself in a mirror every morning.

dead-ced-dead

If Motherland's big American remake goes past the pilot stage (it's in development) like Ghosts did recently, they would have to credit BC as a creator of the original alongside Helen and Sharon Horgan.

He won't be as involved as Sharon and Helen are, if at all (I imagine they'll be credited as executive producers and have some hand in development), but that credit would lead to residuals and that teeny-tiny credit for work he did almost five years ago could result in a small pension pot, especially if it's a big enough hit to enter syndication.

A lot of "IFS" to get there, but it could happen. I'm not saying he shouldn't get it, but I'm just saying it's a possibility.

Bad Ambassador

Given there's been no news on Motherland USA in 15 months, it's safe to assume it's not happening.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on June 29, 2022, 03:34:23 PMGiven there's been no news on Motherland USA in 15 months, it's safe to assume it's not happening.

I think it's more likely that Helen will get some American writing gigs like Sharon did after Catastrophe or Graham was starting to get after The IT Crowd. Just before he became The Prince of Potassium.

phantom_power

They can never tell me what I have done that makes me so toxic for this show. On another subject, I will compare this person I disagree with to a serial killer and call him a creature and massively misrepresent what he does and what he stands for.

But yeah, why don't nice girls like me?

idunnosomename

I'm sure another one of these paranoid and vindictive rants will fix everything for you. Keep it up Graham, don't the creatures you shouldn't even know the names of grind you down

Jumblegraws

Quote from: phantom_power on June 29, 2022, 03:52:09 PMThey can never tell me what I have done that makes me so toxic for this show. On another subject, I will compare this person I disagree with to a serial killer and call him a creature and massively misrepresent what he does and what he stands for.
Can a better bananologist tell me if this is something he actually believes, or is it just something he repeats in the hope that it becomes the conventional wisdom amongst bananalings? The latter seems more likely to me but simultaneously makes me feel like I'm overestimating him.

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: Ferris on June 29, 2022, 02:27:26 PMNice bit of sectarianism there. Probably worth pointing out that from his own disclosures to company house, Linehan is a British citizen so it's technically a pair of Brits having a barney.

Why the need to bring nationality into it? Always looking for an angle I suppose.

The accounts are interesting.

From the tax paid you can kind of work out the profit which given it's low overheads would be close to the amount invoiced. £66k tax assuming a corp tax rate of 20% = £330k

A big fall off from the previous year and shared with his ex but it's not an inconsequential amount.

I think my sums are right.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Cunt Gone BananasThey can never tell me what I have done, with my normal everyday opinions, that makes me so toxic for this show. Even the doctors treating transgender children, who are akin to the Angel of Death Josef Mengele and his experiments in Nazi concentration camps, would surely agree that it makes no sense.

Cold Meat Platter

Yaxley-Lennon vibes. 'Show me one thing I've said that's racist! I'm simply doing a journalism!'

Kankurette

Gentiles Stop Comparing Everything to the Holocaust Challenge

Dr Rock

Quote from: Kankurette on June 29, 2022, 05:50:31 PMGentiles Stop Comparing Everything to the Holocaust Challenge

It's what he said on Newsnight

Ex_GC

Calling Aidan Comerford a 'creature', he just loves to dehumanise trans advocates

Kankurette

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 29, 2022, 06:03:01 PMIt's what he said on Newsnight
I wish he'd actually just think before coming out with shit like 'doctors who perform gender reassignment surgery are just like Mengele'.

grainger

Quote from: FalknerHinton on June 29, 2022, 01:07:44 PMPretty sure Graham used to/still does use "thanks to the [adjective] moley" on the occasions he remembers to credit him.

Ah OK, cheers!

The describable Moley!

Dr Rock

Quote from: Kankurette on June 29, 2022, 06:50:17 PMI wish he'd actually just think before coming out with shit like 'doctors who perform gender reassignment surgery are just like Mengele'.

He does think. He thinks they are exactly the same thing.

Pimhole

Quote from: Ex_GC on June 29, 2022, 01:46:54 PMWe have a #freefatherted update! From the SBG:

"Furthermore, If Jimmy Mulville doesn't want to make the musical with me, why doesn't he release the rights so I can do it with Arthur Mathews and Neil Hannon, who I'm sure stand with me on these issues? The show is written, the songs are there. What is stopping them from allowing us to stage it?"

Graham, why don't YOU release the rights (and make a massive profit on something not even remotely guaranteed to be profitable) so that Arthur and Neil can stage it? YOU are the one who is stopping it you nasty bananas cunt.

I do know why. It's because he wants the glory and the prestige way more than he wants the money. He wants to shove it in people's faces. He wants the power back, after his last two miserable failures (Walshes & Strong).

Quote from: wrec on June 29, 2022, 02:17:21 PMThe bit about the work being stolen by British producers is a brand new angle, the first time he's played the colonial oppression card, after temporarily remembering where he's from.

Yeah, it's really grubby, that.

Jimmy Mulville is a working class scouser*, a fact that must wind up the middle class, victim-status-fetishising Linehan no end.

Mulville has also successfully beaten an addiction. Imagine that, eh Graham?

*of Irish descent, I believe.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

The bit about it being his pension made me laugh. what, are we supposed to feel sorry that your "pension" is being taken away because of how you've behaved? Maybe do some work instead of dedicating your life to harassing people and slobbering after JK Rowling. (The fact he's finally accepting she's never acknowledging him and is now starting to get bitter is pretty amazing but not surprising. Wonder if someone contacted him on her behalf telling him to knock it off)

Something tells me this isn't Mathews' or Hannon's pension...they haven't set alight their own lives and continue to work so don't need to tarnish a long-finished programme for a desperate last throw of the dice.

mtpromises

Quote from: Jumblegraws on June 29, 2022, 05:10:42 PMCan a better bananologist tell me if this is something he actually believes, or is it just something he repeats in the hope that it becomes the conventional wisdom amongst bananalings? The latter seems more likely to me but simultaneously makes me feel like I'm overestimating him.

He believes it.  I think it's safe to say we all overestimated BC at some point in our lives.  I think if he were adroit enough to cynicaly manipulate his followers, he'd been enough to stop terfing before it made him a social pariah.

His crew also believe he was banned for being a bigot, not his actions.  Arty and Helen will be quick to say BC lost his Twitter because of his beliefs.  They never mention he went full bananas and sent a thousand tweets, many harassing, in the 24 hours before he lost his account.  His dm's must look like pure, mushed bananas.

One thing that seems to unite all tervn is a desire to be victims.  Anything that dimishes their victimhood is disregarded and replaced with a narrative that makes them the victim.

Kankurette

I wonder if he's going to do a John Hinckley Jr and shoot a sleb to impress JKR.

somersetchris

This might be a hot take but I reckon Linehan could probably get writing jobs if he actually did any work. It's not his opinions that are stopping him from getting work, it's his complete inability to do anything other than rant about trans people all day. He doesn't write, so he has no product to try and sell, it's a moot point whether anyone would employ him or not.

People put up with Ricky Gervais, because he actually writes stuff that gets made and people like (not anyone here admittedly, but still). He's a transphobic arsehole and a bully and he's one of Netflix's big cash cows. That could be you Graham if you could get off Twitter for once in your fucking life.

HamishMacbeth

I do enjoy these occasional windows into what it's really about for him. The guy's writing an entire manifesto that amounts to just "I am one of the special people, and therefore exempt from consequences" which is exactly the mindset every b-list celeb who has lost their minds to this on Twitter seems to share.

FalknerHinton

Quote from: HamishMacbeth on June 29, 2022, 08:08:43 PMI do enjoy these occasional windows into what it's really about for him. The guy's writing an entire manifesto that amounts to just "I am one of the special people, and therefore exempt from consequences" which is exactly the mindset every b-list celeb who has lost their minds to this on Twitter seems to share.

Like when he said of his then new, locked, twitter account that he couldn't wait to get his old account back so he could hang out on twitter with his showbiz pals, not the dregs he was currently left with. Classy.

Pimhole

Quote from: somersetchris on June 29, 2022, 08:07:39 PMPeople put up with Ricky Gervais, because he actually writes stuff that gets made and people like (not anyone here admittedly, but still). He's a transphobic arsehole and a bully and he's one of Netflix's big cash cows. That could be you Graham if you could get off Twitter for once in your fucking life.

Good point. Much as I find it disappointing when someone I admire works with Gervais (like Joe Wilkinson or Tom Basden in After Life) I don't actually resent them for it. It's a good gig, and maybe it will get them some wider exposure that will lead to them creating something actually worthwhile.

But I think the main reason people still want to work with Gervais is because he's not texting their personal phones calling them a traitor or telling them to go fuck themselves.