Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:10:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nazi charity investigated

Started by touchingcloth, June 30, 2022, 09:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

touchingcloth

Quote from: JamesTC on July 01, 2022, 11:52:30 AMNick Frost as Hermann Göring.

Edgar Wright to bring some exciting jump cuts and wipes to footage of rallies and death marches.

Stigdu

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 01, 2022, 11:32:55 AMI'm behind on this thread but you need to see how quick the CaB takedown of are hero captain major Tom was in 1st thread.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=79441.0

Cheers, fella. I read page 1 and that was enough for me. As I said, total disrespect. Some people are just nasty. There's jokes, and there's being a cunt.

Butchers Blind

Quote from: Stigdu on July 01, 2022, 12:13:10 PMThere's jokes, and there's being a cunt.

Harsh words for Cpt Tom there.

Pimhole

Quote from: Butchers Blind on July 01, 2022, 12:20:23 PMHarsh words for Cpt Tom there.

Well he did call striking nurses "fucking pigs", remember. Discusting.

madhair60

that's when he wasn't sticking his dirty fingers in their mouths

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Stigdu on July 01, 2022, 12:13:10 PMCheers, fella. I read page 1 and that was enough for me. As I said, total disrespect. Some people are just nasty nazis. There's jokes, and there's being a cunt.

FTFY

Quote from: Ferris on July 01, 2022, 12:43:52 AMSomeone more tasteless than me would photoshop a brazzers logo in the bottom left of that image.

Not me though, I'm above all that.

Fortunately for you, I am not above all that.

TommyTurnips

Quote from: Stigdu on July 01, 2022, 12:13:10 PMCheers, fella. I read page 1 and that was enough for me. As I said, total disrespect. Some people are just nasty. There's jokes, and there's being a cunt.

But it's funny when Ricky Gervais does it.

jobotic

Quote from: TommyTurnips on July 01, 2022, 12:53:45 PMBut it's funny when Ricky Gervais does it.

That's different, he doesn't do it to people the press have told us to love.

Martin Van Buren Stan

The only thing that offends me about the attitude to Captain Tom or whoever here is how you all pretend you're not abusing *him* you're just attacking the media and their mawkish sanctification of him or whatever. It's the same with  David Amess, people here were genuinely delighted that he'd been murdered and were celebrating it but hiding behind a veil of irony or iconoclastic satire or other bullshit.

If you want to prove me wrong just show some of the offensive, abusive things you said about George Floyd, his five funerals with golden caskets, the tens of millions of stolen charity money, and the press fanfare that made the Diana reaction look phlegmatic.

madhair60

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 01, 2022, 01:20:48 PMThe only thing that offends me about the attitude to Captain Tom or whoever here is how you all pretend you're not abusing *him* you're just attacking the media and their mawkish sanctification of him or whatever. It's the same with  David Amess, people here were genuinely delighted that he'd been murdered and were celebrating it but hiding behind a veil of irony or iconoclastic satire or other bullshit.

If you want to prove me wrong just show some of the offensive, abusive things you said about George Floyd, his five funerals with golden caskets, the tens of millions of stolen charity money, and the press fanfare that made the Diana reaction look phlegmatic.

lol

bgmnts

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 01, 2022, 01:20:48 PMIf you want to prove me wrong just show some of the offensive, abusive things you said about George Floyd, his five funerals with golden caskets, the tens of millions of stolen charity money, and the press fanfare that made the Diana reaction look phlegmatic.

Eh?

Old Thrashbarg

Martin Van Buren Stan

We're not attacking captain Tom just the charity corruption!!

jobotic

You laugh at a dead Tory who spent his life trying to ruin the lives of others but not at a black man who was murdered by racist police.

The hypocrisy of the left.

Chollis

i'd just like to say that i am attacking Captain Tom personally. don't care about the charity stuff

He was Major Tom when he went into space. Wonder what he did to get demoted.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on July 01, 2022, 01:29:42 PMIncluding yourself? Or are you the real iconoclast?

Honestly I kind of am. I made some fucked up jokes about Captain Tom and pissed off a few people, including my boss at the time. But I also did the same about BLM, George Floyd, and I had a proper doozy about Breonna Taylor

touchingcloth

Did you miss the "George Floyd was a cunt" thread?

Old Nehamkin

"When will cookd and bombd condemn Black Lives Matter" isn't quite the turn I expected this thread to take.

Sonny_Jim

Well the thread did have 'Nazi' in the title....

Martin Van Buren Stan

I'm not even arsed. Most people have biases of course. If I was on some right wing forum that abused Floyd but worshipped Tom I'd say the same thing to them. Be better.

Stigdu

Quote from: TommyTurnips on July 01, 2022, 12:53:45 PMBut it's funny when Ricky Gervais does it.

Nah, saying you hope he breaks his hip while raising money for charity, and falls over into his own grave and dies isn't funny. Actually, now I've written it down, it kinda is in a surreal way. But you get my point. Gervais saying it just makes it a famous person still something something nasty about a war hero. It was "the old cunt" at the end which tipped me over the edge, to be honest.  *shrug*

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: Stigdu on July 01, 2022, 01:46:43 PMNah, saying you hope he breaks his hip while raising money for charity, and falls over into his own grave and dies isn't funny.

I've got no larger point or argument to make here but I did laugh out loud reading this sentence, sorry.

idunnosomename

The "isn't funny" when falling over into your own grave and dying is clearly objectively funny is what makes it. An Ouroboros of irony.

JamesTC

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on July 01, 2022, 01:49:51 PMI've got no larger point or argument to make here but I did laugh out loud reading this sentence, sorry.

Would you laugh if somebody said they hoped George Floyd broke his hip whilst raising money for charity?

Didn't think so.

bgmnts

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 01, 2022, 01:45:43 PMI'm not even arsed. Most people have biases of course. If I was on some right wing forum that abused Floyd but worshipped Tom I'd say the same thing to them. Be better.

Do you understand the difference between George Floyd and black people in america's situation and Capt Tom Moore and his family's situation?

They are quite different.

Endicott