Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:04:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

How did you settle on your username?

Started by Stigdu, June 30, 2022, 09:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endicott

It's the name of a minor character from the 1940 film His Girl Friday, that I just happened to like the sound of.

And definitely not a reference to the massive racist in the 1967 film In the Heat of the Night, no siree Clive.

bgmnts

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 01, 2022, 11:09:47 AMDoes it stand for anything at all, or is totally random? I like to think it's simply a vowel-less spelling of "big mints".

Aye I pronounce it bugmints or bigmints or buggermints. But I have had bee gee and big gay mutant ninja turtles.

Jockice

Quote from: bgmnts on July 01, 2022, 11:17:51 AMAye I pronounce it bugmints or bigmints or buggermints. But I have had bee gee and big gay mutant ninja turtles.

I tend to pronounce it (in my head anyway. I've never had a conversation about it) by the initials.

gilbertharding

Mine's a mistake. It was a name I'd used as a twitter handle, where I was amused by the idea of being the rudest man in *wherever*, and also the whole myth of this incredibly famous man who died before anyone was born so no-one remembers. But I'm really not that rude naturally (although you may disagree), and couldn't be bothered to keep that up. It's just a bit shit really, but here we are.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: bgmnts on July 01, 2022, 11:17:51 AMAye I pronounce it bugmints or bigmints or buggermints. But I have had bee gee and big gay mutant ninja turtles.

I've always pronounced it as it's spelled

non capisco

Quote from: Endicott on July 01, 2022, 11:15:28 AMIt's the name of a minor character from the 1940 film His Girl Friday, that I just happened to like the sound of.

And definitely not a reference to the massive racist in the 1967 film In the Heat of the Night, no siree Clive.

I always assumed you were named after one of Kid Creole and the Coconuts' post-peak flop mid 80s singles.

Endicott

Quote from: non capisco on July 01, 2022, 12:28:36 PMI always assumed you were named after one of Kid Creole and the Coconuts' post-peak flop mid 80s singles.

This is what I am going to say next time this thread comes around.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Mine is a bit rubbish because the S in stan shouldn't be capitalised as it was meant as a noun. Not sure why I picked it. Couldn't think of anything genuinely funny  so I thought stanning an obscure US president was random enough.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Initially signed up as Angrew Lloyg Wegger, based on the idea that Andrew Lloyd Webber looked sort of like a fucked up fleshy ventriloquist dummy. I got a bit sick of it though so when the boards got upgraded and there was a brief period where you could change your username, I changed it to Stoneage Dinosaurs, which is the name of a Cardiacs song.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Once upon a time I was walking down a long and lonesome road, and I came across an old sumo, who told me of a great prophecy, portending the fate of the very universe itself.

Mr_Simnock

Mr Vegetables

When I was a teenager I got annoyed that the dwarves in The Hobbit were singing about gold, which wouldn't be much help in a famine-struck winter. "They should sing about turnips instead!" I thought.

So then I became obsessed with that vegetable, then later vegetables of all kinds. And now I am quite a bit older, so have taken a title to indicate I have reached adulthood.

AzureSky

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on July 01, 2022, 01:07:55 PMInitially signed up as Angrew Lloyg Wegger, based on the idea that Andrew Lloyd Webber looked sort of like a fucked up fleshy ventriloquist dummy. I got a bit sick of it though so when the boards got upgraded and there was a brief period where you could change your username, I changed it to Stoneage Dinosaurs, which is the name of a Cardiacs song.

Can we have this option back please? I didn't think of making up a name, 20 years ago, or whenever it was (& I'm sure it was the late '90s originally?). Making up a name sounds like a good idea.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on July 01, 2022, 09:40:37 AMI had a Jandek album on.

i mean if you'd been around when all the watch factory girls were fooling about with radium lives may have been saved and all

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Mr Vegetables on July 01, 2022, 01:29:11 PMWhen I was a teenager I got annoyed that the dwarves in The Hobbit were singing about gold, which wouldn't be much help in a famine-struck winter. "They should sing about turnips instead!" I thought.

So then I became obsessed with that vegetable, then later vegetables of all kinds. And now I am quite a bit older, so have taken a title to indicate I have reached adulthood.

Obligatory 'Is there a Mrs Vegetables?'

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Pink Gregory on July 01, 2022, 01:32:39 PMi mean if you'd been around when all the watch factory girls were fooling about with radium lives may have been saved and all

I read a book about them once. It was quite sad. Still, I've committed to the name now.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Glebe on July 01, 2022, 07:17:48 AMHaha! Yeah even here in little ol' Dublin I've spotted numerous Glebes! My big ambition now is to spot a 'Mollusk Avenue' or summit! Will keep you posted on my progress!

I get you confused with jobotic because from a distance their avatar could be a great crested grebe and Glebe is close to grebe and this didn't really go anywhere alright mate cheers

Tony Tony Tony

My actual name is Tony so my username was meant as a play on Tora Tora Tora...

Quote"Tora Tora Tora" was the Japanese code expression for the signal to begin the attack on Pearl Harbor. "Tora" is a Japanese word that means "tiger," but the full phrase is considered an abbreviation for totsugeki raigeki, which implies "lightning attack."l

Which reflects my lighting wit.

famethrowa

I assumed it was a joke on the similarly-named 90's (one)hitmakers

kittens

its basically a kind of adorablr animal babys. the young of cat

Cerys

I've been rather attached to mine since 1972.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 01, 2022, 12:56:48 PMMine is a bit rubbish because the S in stan shouldn't be capitalised as it was meant as a noun. Not sure why I picked it. Couldn't think of anything genuinely funny  so I thought stanning an obscure US president was random enough.

James K Polk Stan was, predictably, taken

we are the mediocre presidents, you won't find out faces on dollars or on cents!

Mr Vegetables

Quote from: Pink Gregory on July 01, 2022, 01:33:33 PMObligatory 'Is there a Mrs Vegetables?'

Well, there's a Ms who would not want to be described in these vegetable terms

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: Glebe on July 01, 2022, 07:17:48 AMHaha! Yeah even here in little ol' Dublin I've spotted numerous Glebes! My big ambition now is to spot a 'Mollusk Avenue' or summit! Will keep you posted on my progress!

There's a Mollusc Road in New Zealand where they spell proper.

Looks rather nice

imitationleather

SpiderChrist

I went to a fancy dress party as a spider and got nailed to a crucifix after an argument about shelving.

Poobum

Love Tolstoy
Spoiler alert
and recycling jokes
[close]

Crenners

Quote from: kittens on July 01, 2022, 01:42:49 PMits basically a kind of adorablr animal babys. the young of cat

You're one of my favourite ever posters and someone whom I seldom tire of.

Cerys

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on July 01, 2022, 02:21:33 PMThere's a Mollusc Road in New Zealand where they spell proper.

Looks rather nice

There's also a town in Virginia called Mollusk.