Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:10:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nirvanna The Band The Show

Started by Ron Superior, February 14, 2017, 06:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Mollusk

Quote from: Smeraldina Rima on May 24, 2022, 10:20:54 AMI've been looking up pictures of the Scarborough Bluffs. Does Nicky Nicky Nine Doors mean he goes up and down stretches of cliff, an area with mansions, or the floating homes community?

Yep!

QDRPHNC

The Bluffs is known more for the floating homes than the fancy houses, especially to people downtown (the Bridle Path would be more well known for mansions). I'm thinking they picked it on a whim and it rhymed with "stuff".

Thanks both.

Love the Torontonian insights.

Ferris

I don't think there's all that many torontonian bits really, I think they go to a party near NSCAD/opposite the AGO which gives you context (everyone's probably a dickhead). The TTC escapes slayed me, on both the streetcar and the subway.

I suppose Honest Ed's (RIP) which was a delightfully mad place? Plus the Leafs stuff.

QDRPHNC

Maybe since I'm late to this it's been brought up before, but Youtube is giving me the option to buy both seasons in HD for $20 each... worth it maybe? Are those TV rips the only ones doing the rounds?

Quote from: Ferris on May 24, 2022, 11:42:58 PMI suppose Honest Ed's (RIP) which was a delightfully mad place? Plus the Leafs stuff.

The Honest Ed's bit was great, I got lost every single time I went there.

Ferris

It was a very bizarre place.

I bought a hammer from there to hang posters in our first apartment. Found it under the stairs near the connecting corridor, it was much cheaper than the other hammers and smelled strongly of gasoline - no idea if it was for sale, but had a price sticker on so I went for it.

I still have it. Still reeks of gasoline.

Ron Superior

Quote from: QDRPHNC on May 25, 2022, 08:42:39 PMMaybe since I'm late to this it's been brought up before, but Youtube is giving me the option to buy both seasons in HD for $20 each... worth it maybe? Are those TV rips the only ones doing the rounds?

Are you on the NTBTS Facebook group? There's a fairly comprehensive gdrive link that regularly does the rounds on there. I'd imagine Matt and Jay don't see a penny from YouTube income, and they usually seem fairly relaxed about sharing.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Ron Superior on May 25, 2022, 10:28:14 PMAre you on the NTBTS Facebook group? There's a fairly comprehensive gdrive link that regularly does the rounds on there. I'd imagine Matt and Jay don't see a penny from YouTube income, and they usually seem fairly relaxed about sharing.

No, I was more just thinking about getting them in the highest quality possible and then sharing them here like a bastard. I got them from a GDrive link Ferris sent me, but they're TV rips.

The Mollusk

The outtake videos on YouTube are of a much higher quality than the 480p rips on the Google drive, at least of season 1. IIRC season 2 episodes are ripped direct from Viceland and are better. I'd really like to get my hands on the high quality copies of season 1.

QDRPHNC

I'm happy to get season 1 at least. Although is there a reliable YT downloader and would someone have some GDrive space to host?

Ferris

Quote from: QDRPHNC on May 25, 2022, 10:37:01 PMa GDrive link Ferris sent me

No idea what you're on about mate.

I'd happily pay for the YouTube series, didn't realize that was an option! Do Matt and Jay see the money I wonder?

I don't know how google drives work tbh - can I set up an anonymous one?

QDRPHNC

Sorry, Ferris DIDN'T send me Gdrive link soz

Ferris

Think we talked our way out of that one.

Genuinely didn't know you could buy it though, which is nice to know. I'd love to think buying it and giving them money will spur the release of season 3 but life is full of disappointments.

QDRPHNC

Got the first season - quality is excellent, but now I'm struggling to get it downloaded since it's purchased content. 4k Downloader lets you log in with your account, but that doesn't seem to be working.

On episode 2 of the web series - sides actually hurting at Jay's look of shame at the state of their terrible flyers. Also love that the guy at the El Mocambo (a genuinely legendary music venue just up the street from the Rivoli) was about to book them and they hung up on him.

Ferris

Happy Canada day!

I hope you are enjoying an all you can eat Chinese food buffet wherever you are.

QDRPHNC

Fuck I'd love a Mandarin right now.

Glad this got bumped though, I made my way through the web series, and while it's overall a lot rougher than what followed it, two bits in particular had me literally in tears - and they were both Jay, who I think was portrayed as a bit more of a sad-sack in the web series.

The first bit was the aforementioned look of shame at their useless posters, they other one was where Matt is blind and Jay pretends to leave the room, and his prank goes off the rails so quickly he has no choice but to stand there and take it. The dawning realization on his face of where this is going. Brilliant.

Ron Superior

Strangely this morning I woke up with the phrase "ship is the greatest treasure" constantly going through my head. Right, I've got to watch it tonight now.

The Mollusk

Sure it's been mentioned in here before but when they're in the restaurant I love that the background music is a piano rendition of the Jolly Roger Bay level music from Mario 64. Fucking love love love it. Perfect episode.

MrMrs

Perfect is the word

I've watched that episode a million times. It's stunning.

Ferris

Watched it again as the fireworks lazily pop around us. Absolutely superb.

Happy Canada day!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F-glHAzXi_M

QDRPHNC

I celebrated Canada Day by ordering a chocolate caramel bar packed with THC online, then went to the weed shop right across the street to pick it up 5 minutes later. Then I ate it, it was great.

Ferris

6 cans and jumped in the lake with the boy over here.

He fuckin loves jumpin in lakes.

QDRPHNC

Nice, kids are mad for jumping in water, no idea why.

Ferris

Oh yeah great fun.

Was shit out of luck trying to prove the negative re: sharks are not in this lake.