Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:21:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Banned List

Started by Ron Superior, July 02, 2022, 12:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Superior

Hello.

Sorry, not sure where to post this.

I come on here every day, but this morning I was faced with this message.

Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!
This ban is not set to expire.

Now, I'm the most boring poster on this whole forum so I was quite confused, and concerned. I always visit on my phone using Firefox, and I'm always looked in. Now, even when I'm logged out or in Incognito mode it still says I'm banned.

But then I just tried using Chrome on my phone and it's let me log in and that's how I'm posting this message. But it's still the same deal if I try using Firefox, still getting the banned message.

So, this is partly to see if anyone knows why, and partly to flag it in case it's a wider issue.

Small Man Big Horse

It's definitely part of a wider issue, I remember someone posting about it a couple of months ago, and it happened one time when I tried to log in on my phone.

Barry Admin

Yeah, sorry about this. I'll look into it.

People have the same IP as banned users, and that causes this. A lot of people try to evade bans, which makes the whole situation worse.

If people let me know about it then I try and find the conflicting ban and remedy it that way.

Edit: and it's very helpful if they can also confirm their IP at the time of access.

Barry Admin

I'll have to start monitoring the ban log more closely again, but it's just kind of a nightmare to try and sort through, as there's 18 years worth of ban triggers now. Sorry about it happening though, I know it puts the shits up people who have done nothing wrong.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Barry Admin on July 02, 2022, 01:00:02 PMYeah, sorry about this. I'll look into it.

People have the same IP as banned users, and that causes this. A lot of people try to evade bans, which makes the whole situation worse.

If people let me know about it then I try and find the conflicting ban and remedy it that way.

Edit: and it's very helpful if they can also confirm their IP at the time of access.

Do banned user profiles indicate they are banned in some way?

I did see a quoted post recently that said banned user, didn't think to click through to see if the profile existed/marked, could be the quoter edited the quote code

Barry Admin

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 02, 2022, 01:06:07 PMDo banned user profiles indicate they are banned in some way?

I did see a quoted post recently that said banned user, didn't think to click through to see if the profile existed/marked, could be the quoter edited the quote code

Nope. I just ban and move on, or try to. Obviously the more cunty someone is, the less chance you have of that happening.

Ron Superior

Thanks all. Sorry Barry, honestly wasn't complaining at all, really appreciate all you do for the forum, just wanted to check what was up with it.

Barry Admin

@Ron Superior I found the conflicting IP address. It was a banned user in 2020 who signed up immediately again.

So I removed that now, you may need to clear cache and cookies.

Sorry about all this, but hopefully that's it sorted now.

Ron Superior

You little ripper! That's sorted it, thanks again Barry.