Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:45:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Desolation: The Malignant Seven

Started by Ferris, February 21, 2022, 03:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Quote from: Ferris on July 04, 2022, 12:48:05 AMSome nerd you are!

I voluntarily read mythology pages on wikipedia and the Hobbit/LotR trilogy were some of the first "proper" books I read so it's right up my alley.

Just reread LotR recently, although I didn't make it through the appendices a second time. I'm reading Dune at the mo (very slowly... dunno, just have a bit of an anxiety-related attention-deficit thing right now).

Another book I can't seem to through is Stephen King's It. The furthest I've made it is approx 300 pages in.

bgmnts

I liked It at the time but would NEVER go back to it. It's doubly egregious because the Stand is a big thick beast but is actually a masterpiece (in my opinion) so he has the ability. His short form is better though.

Glebe

Quote from: bgmnts on July 04, 2022, 12:57:15 AMI liked It at the time but would NEVER go back to it. It's doubly egregious because the Stand is a big thick beast but is actually a masterpiece (in my opinion) so he has the ability. His short form is better though.

I think he was off his face on coke when he wrote It.

bgmnts

When he wrote what?

Hahahahaha.

But yes he had a serious drug problem.

Ferris

I have a very distinct memory of being offered a chance to either play crash bandicoot on my cousins PS1 or read 2 chapters of LotR, and choosing the latter.

As a parent, looking back, that's an amazing con job. Kids are idiots.

Glebe

Aldridge is inundated with gone-off frozen turkies thanks to a huge freezer explosion.

Ferris

Quote from: Glebe on July 04, 2022, 07:02:40 AMAldridge is inundated with gone-off frozen turkies thanks to a huge freezer explosion.

At the Morrisons or the tesco? Because the tesco is a bit further out but the freezer bit of Morrisons is dug deep into the concrete so it would operate like a blast chamber and spare the town the worst of the poultry conflagration.

Think on.

dex

As you sit in an unfamiliar stool in a gents toilet in Marlborough, there is the shuffling of feet and a whirring sound before you see an auger bit drilling onto one side of the cubicle. In disbelief you cannot get the words out before the whirring sound starts up again and another hole is augered out on the other side of the cubile. A rancid smelling cock pokes your left ear and then you realise Douglas Murray is amongst these misusers of this public convenience as he clears his throat and speaks his drivel at you for 30 minutes.

Glebe

Quote from: Ferris on July 04, 2022, 12:54:03 PMAt the Morrisons or the tesco? Because the tesco is a bit further out but the freezer bit of Morrisons is dug deep into the concrete so it would operate like a blast chamber and spare the town the worst of the poultry conflagration.

Think on.

Your favourite childhood YouTuber now shills crypto and NFTs.

Those first four words alone is probably enough for a lot of people on here though.

Glebe

Ferris

Your nan's hometown supermarket is belittled by Glebe in a deso thread.

Glebe

Quote from: Ferris on July 04, 2022, 09:37:32 PMYour nan's hometown supermarket is belittled by Glebe in a deso thread.

She's one of the Shreddies Nans.

Glebe

A gloating cynic watches you fail to enjoy the simple pleasures of a library book.

batwings

Alone, getting married to nobody in a candlelit ceremony in the under stairs cupboard.

Geoffrey Crease the butcher is parked in your driveway again.

dex

talking to a bag of salad from the estate takeaway

shoulders

Shredded by anxiety and temporal psoriasis at the Malvern cheese grater expo.

Twit 2

Getting rid of your glans one layer and a time.

bgmnts

Waiting in an emergency room with your cock, balls AND hand stuck in a Pringles tube.

Glebe

Devonshire grinds to a halt as an outbreak of escaped cows causes mayhem and disfigurement.

shoulders

A smelly neurodiverse on community service smears WD-40 on a toasted hinge for nightmeal.

Glebe

shoulders

It's only 'Baby P' because you worked through the alphabet until you got caught.

Ferris

Going to Wednesday work drinks with bozos from the office during your week off.

Ferris

As executor of the estate, you have to cancel grandad's direct debit for "The Poon-Tang Collective".

Ferris

Your cat reveals it speaks English, but explains it has "gone out of its way" to avoid your conversation.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: bgmnts on July 04, 2022, 12:57:15 AMI liked It at the time but would NEVER go back to it. It's doubly egregious because the Stand is a big thick beast but is actually a masterpiece (in my opinion) so he has the ability. His short form is better though.

Yea it's all about the bachmans

You read any Ligotti yet?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Buttered Ghost on July 04, 2022, 09:08:12 PMYour favourite childhood YouTuber now shills crypto and NFTs.

Preferred it when he was snuffing people out in the woods with a slate ripper

bgmnts

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on July 08, 2022, 06:23:32 PMYea it's all about the bachmans

You read any Ligotti yet?

I have not, fittingly for the deso thread I keep buying mountains of books despite being perma-dolescum and never read them.

However, I will make it my mission to read a Ligotti short story this weekend.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: bgmnts on July 08, 2022, 06:30:18 PMI have not, fittingly for the deso thread I keep buying mountains of books despite being perma-dolescum and never read them.

However, I will make it my mission to read a Ligotti short story this weekend.

Nice! Need to dig up my copy of My Work Is Not Yet Done

There's a couplea decent audio book reads in YouTube also (couplea rubs ones too)

Nothing wrong with buying lots of books