Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:17:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Independence Day!

Started by bgmnts, July 04, 2022, 10:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

You doing anything this year to commemorate this 4th July?

I'm going to go to Greggs and pretend I have a gun and kill everyone in there in my head.

Buelligan

Just went up the shops to do my weekly (as I do every Monday) and met a lovely neighbour, who told me his mum (also a lovely neighbour) is 87 today.  Took her round a small pretty plant when I got home to say Happy Fucking Birthday!  No one died.

Mr Vegetables

I once saw an American online who believed everyone in the U.K. was filled with an earnest hatred for George Washington and how he stole away the colonies from the rightful rule of the great King George the Third, so I might idly pretend that's true for a few hours

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I think I might listen to some Springsteen and fire up the barbecue (or 'grill' as the yanks call it).

Quote from: Buelligan on July 04, 2022, 10:38:59 AMTook her round a small pretty plant when I got home
For a moment there, I thought you meant that you'd given her a guided tour of a flower.

Buelligan

How could you even imply such a disgusting thing.  She's EIGHTY-SEVEN YEARS OLD.  FFS.

frajer

I'm off to lamp a squid-like alien, tell it "Welcome to Earth" and smoke a big cigar. Yeehaa!

Psybro

Can't believe it's been 246 years since them slags ratified that declaration and smashed Brent Spiner into the window.

Video Game Fan 2000

Ferris

not gonna lie, a trump v clinton 2024 election would be the ultimate indictment of the system - only two candidates have ever run in a presidential election with negative favourable ratings, and they ran against each other in 2016.

and as they are the two most unpopular candidates ever to run in a national campaign in history... they both end up running again!

Paul Calf

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on July 04, 2022, 02:54:47 PMI think I might listen to some Springsteen and fire up the barbecue (or 'grill' as the yanks call it).
For a moment there, I thought you meant that you'd given her a guided tour of a flower.

I took her round some Jaffa Cakes.

Paul Calf

Quote from: imitationleather on July 04, 2022, 03:32:36 PMFucking lol

Clinton is shite, but both Harris and Biden are worse.

Together, they seem to represent some ossified nexus of complicity and inaction.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: https://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clinton-2024-comeback-president-biden-harris-democrat-nominee-race-2022-midterm-loss-11641914951Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have become unpopular. It may be time for a change candidate: a political comeback for Hillary Clinton in 2024.

How can anyone think this with a normal brain? Were they so sure in 2016 that they eventually have to make it come true?

Video Game Fan 2000

QuoteJoe Biden and Kamala Harris have become unpopular. It may be time for a change candidate: a political comeback for Hillary Clinton in 2024.

fictions within fictions

Paul Calf

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on July 04, 2022, 04:08:54 PMHow can anyone think this with a normal brain? Were they so sure in 2016 that they eventually have to make it come true?

It's her fucking TURN alright? Potentially the only candidate in 2016 who could have lost to Trump, accelerating the progress of the authoritarian theocracy slowly taking over the US, she's CONNECTED and QUALIFIED so she gets a do-over because the first time didn't count.

There's a very real possibility that 2024 could be a Trump-Clinton re-run of 2016. Imagine that.

imitationleather

Better defrost Sanders and tell him he's running again too.

Paul Calf

I think Sanders would tell them to shove it.

Paul Calf

A fucking change candidate.
A change candidate.
 A change candidate.
A CHANGE CANDIDATE.
A change candidate.

A  C H A N G E  C A N D I D A T E

Hilary Clinton. A change candidate.

Fuck me this really is the fucking Matrix isn't it?

Every one of these fucking dilatory messianic trough-guzzling fuckpigs need to have their fucking noses rubbed in their failures for the rest of eternity.

Fambo Number Mive

If it is Trump v Clinton in 2024 and Trump wins again, they will try and blame the left again, no matter how spurious their logic is. Sanders farts while speaking 100 miles from the debates and the fumes waft across the country to Clinton's nose and put her off causing Trump to win by 5% or something.

Buelligan

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on July 04, 2022, 04:08:54 PMHow can anyone think this with a normal brain? Were they so sure in 2016 that they eventually have to make it come true?

It's the old old game that all the big magicians use to stop people seeing the trick's being played again

Voila!

Anyone seen this, btw, was quite good -

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Why are they always so fucking old?

Paul Calf

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on July 04, 2022, 04:31:33 PMWhy are they always so fucking old?

Because you don't get many young multi-millionaires?

Why do so many of them have the same surnames?

Ferris

Well if you google the author, he seems to be a "democrat" that campaigns for billionaires and works for fox and newsmax. An unkind reading would be that he wants the Republicans to win and is trying to encourage the ghouls to back clinton because she's a nailed-on election-loser.

My money is on Kamala running, winning the nomination despite being very unpopular thanks to the DNC putting their thumb on the scale, losing in 2024, and 4 more years of theocratic fascism while the DNC blames bernie bros or whatever the fuck.

They're gonna get marmalized in November anyway so their once in a generation chance to pass anything will be over soon and they can go back to impotently pretending to care.

Happy July 4th!!

Psybro

Somebody shot up a parade in Chicago in an act of patriotism on par with a member of the British aristocracy abusing a child on the Jubilee weekend.

jobotic

Just after Republicans have been yukking it up about the shootings in Copenhagen.

Oops, didn't mean to politicize it

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Psybro on July 04, 2022, 07:08:57 PMSomebody shot up a parade in Chicago in an act of patriotism on par with a member of the British aristocracy abusing a child on the Jubilee weekend.

Just couldn't let the Danes outdo them on their own national holiday, I suppose.

"Some lilly-livered EuroCommie killed 3 people? Imma kill 6! 'murica!!"

Glebe

Trump's dream comes true as aliens blow up White House. Film at 11.

Zero Gravitas

Ooh it was a sneaky rifleman who ran away this time, that's a touch of class for the holidays right there.

Neomod

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on July 04, 2022, 09:09:54 PMOoh it was a sneaky rifleman who ran away this time, that's a touch of class for the holidays right there.

From a rooftop too.

Scorpio's back.