Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:34:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2022

Started by selectivememory, January 04, 2022, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocDaneeka

Ostapenko needs to get rid of the shoulder frills. 100% to blame for her problems in this match.

selectivememory

This match has been a wild ride.

Quote from: DocDaneeka on July 03, 2022, 02:57:43 PMOstapenko needs to get rid of the shoulder frills. 100% to blame for her problems in this match.

Dunno what you're talking about. The woman is a fashion icon.

selectivememory

Damn it. How'd you manage to lose that match?

Oh well, give me Jabeur against either Halep or Anisimova in the final and I'll still be happy.

Poobum

Love a classic Penko meltdown. Always fun.

DocDaneeka

Quote from: selectivememory on July 03, 2022, 03:13:52 PMThis match has been a wild ride.

Dunno what you're talking about. The woman is a fashion icon.

Ah obviously the white clothing dictat has let her down.

Surprised about the Watson match, thought Julie Newmar would be her best chance at a quarter final. I mean she is 88 years old.

Deanjam

Cat Woman had never won a match at a major before this Wimbledon, so great effort from here. Bruce Wayne will be proud.

Norrie's looking good. At this point, he's probably the favourite to lose in the semi against Djokovic.

Deanjam

Goffin beat Tiafoe in 5 sets. Would love to see him make his first semi.

selectivememory

Yeah, always had a lot of time for Goffin. He won't beat Djokovic if he does make it that far, but he has played him well in the past, and it would be a nice thing for him to make a semi after not being all that relevant in the last couple of years.

selectivememory

Jabeur-Mertens was excellent. Very high level from both. Bouzkova next for Ons, and then the winner of Niemeier-Maria. Gotta be making the final with that draw. Will probably never get a chance like this again.

selectivememory

How exciting. There's a new Tim for Centre Court to get behind. Giving Novak a decent match at the moment.

Vodkafone

Come on Tim! Lose a fucking match of tennis Djokovic, you bumbag tennisbot plastic twat.

buttgammon

Loving the repurposing of Come On Tim!

bgmnts

50 unforced errors from Baron von Rijhtoven.

Oof

selectivememory

Quote from: bgmnts on July 03, 2022, 10:30:34 PM50 unforced errors from Baron von Rijhtoven.

Oof

I mean, when you're playing Djokovic, a lot of those errors are probably forced. Players always have to go for so much more on their shots against him.

Disappointing but very predictable direction this match has gone in since Tim took the second set. Still, not a bad run for a bloke in his mid-twenties who a few weeks ago had never won an ATP tour level match. Beat Medvedev and Auger-Aliassime a couple of weeks back as well.

shoulders

Quote from: Deanjam on July 03, 2022, 05:36:45 PMGoffin beat Tiafoe in 5 sets. Would love to see him make his first semi.

Norriecore

Crenners

Made my wife laugh by referring to Jannik Sinner as Signor Grissini. Probably the funniest thing I've ever said.

Dex Sawash

It seems I may like Kyrgios, possibly he cares even less about tennis than I do.

rjd2

Terrible loss for ADM and the event overall blowing 2-0 v Garin.

The slam needs Kyrigos to get it done, Garin and Nakashima in a semi v Nadal would be a waste of time.

Deanjam

Quote from: rjd2 on July 04, 2022, 04:16:39 PMThe slam needs Kyrigos to get it done, Garin and Nakashima in a semi v Nadal would be a waste of time.

I'd take a waste of time over that gobshite.

Caught the end of the Taylor Fritz match. He's moved through this tournament without much fuss so far. Has a game very suited to grass. Probably the most likely of the Americans to break through as a top player.

selectivememory

And Fritz did beat Rafa in the Indian Wells final earlier this year, although admittedly Rafa was playing with a broken rib at the time. But yeah, Fritz has been a pretty decent and consistent player for a while now.

Have been looking forward to this Halep-Badosa match. Pretty impressed with what I've seen from Halep in the last week. And she's the only major winner still left in the draw.

Deanjam

Impressive from Halep. Would like to see her win Wimbledon again.

selectivememory

That was so good. Looks like Anisimova is going to be her next opponent, which could be a great match. Would love to see Simona win a slam on hard courts so that she's won on all surfaces, but another Wimbledon title out of nowhere would be pretty cool. Don't think I can root for anyone over Jabeur in this tournament, but it could be some final if they both make it.

Badosa was poor though today. Didn't seem to have any idea what to do to counteract Halep's game.

Luornu

I now hate this tennis tournament because I wanted to go to Ikea today and to get there I needed to take the tube train to Wimbledon to get the tram to Croydon and the trains to Wimbledon were all packed like sardines I presume because of this stupid tennis tournament, the existence of which I had completely forgotten about.

Now I have to wait an entire week before I can purchase cheap and nasty plastic geegaws. I now have decided I hate this stupid tennis thing.

Nobody needed to hear this, but I've told you anyway.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Luornu on July 04, 2022, 07:30:58 PMI now hate this tennis tournament because I wanted to go to Ikea today and to get there I needed to take the tube train to Wimbledon to get the tram to Croydon and the trains to Wimbledon were all packed like sardines I presume because of this stupid tennis tournament, the existence of which I had completely forgotten about.

Now I have to wait an entire week before I can purchase cheap and nasty plastic geegaws. I now have decided I hate this stupid tennis thing.

Nobody needed to hear this, but I've told you anyway.

Always enjoy some shit hot ikea chat

selectivememory

https://mobile.twitter.com/canberratimes/status/1544270237323108352

QuoteTennis star Nick Kyrgios has been summonsed to face a Canberra court after allegedly assaulting a former girlfriend late last year

Hmm. Not even surprised to be honest.

sevendaughters

yeah but box office mate box office

selectivememory

First time properly watching Niemeier play, but she's got a fun game. Very appealing combo of power and variety.

shoulders

Quote from: selectivememory on July 05, 2022, 12:43:43 PMhttps://mobile.twitter.com/canberratimes/status/1544270237323108352

Hmm. Not even surprised to be honest.

Pff the Canberra court being grasses and dobbing him in like that!!

Poobum

Wasn't seeing Maria get back into this. Is playing at her limit though and I think can't live with Niemeier if she starts playing again.

selectivememory

Ooh. Sinner up a set on Djokovic.

Niemeier seems to have gone off entirely. It's on her racket, but I dunno if nerves have got to her or something.