Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:31:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KennyMonster

oggyraiding

Did Frankie Boyle ever apologise for making fun of disabled children? Not a rhetorical question, I find it odd he pivoted from awful offensive cunt to self righteous acceptable voice of reason or whatever.

imitationleather

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 08, 2022, 10:48:11 AMLabour eleven points ahead in Times poll, although that could change if the Durham police decide to fine Starmer and Rayner.

Wes Streeting waiting in the wings?

Like a month old pig carcass behind a knackered old theatre curtain

Psybro

Quote from: king_tubby on July 08, 2022, 12:48:27 PMThe cowards at the Durham constabulary have refused to issue Starmer with a FPN.
Whilst a shame we haven't offloaded him and Johnson in the same week, this is yet another part of Dan Hodges' worldview I get to see crumbling before his crying eyes for free on Twitter.

idunnosomename

Like anyone really expected the cops were going nick cleanshirt starm

lipsink

Quote from: oggyraiding on July 08, 2022, 01:06:28 PMDid Frankie Boyle ever apologise for making fun of disabled children? Not a rhetorical question, I find it odd he pivoted from awful offensive cunt to self righteous acceptable voice of reason or whatever.

He hasn't apologised for it but has tried to intellectualize it by claiming it was high art in that 2014 interview with that Pointless cunt. He also was on Novara Media in 2020 saying he no longer does "nihilistic comedy" as the world has changed and these things are too important. Again, just intellectualising it when he should just say sorry for being a cunt.

Fambo Number Mive

Wonder how Boyle would react if a left winger used the "high art" defence.

lipsink

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 08, 2022, 12:58:48 PMIs it me or did he work hard to conjoin "thinking the world is ran by some anonymous elites" and "those elites are Jews"?

Because I don't think it's unlikely that there are some people who keep out of the limelight, have lots of power and probably have more money than the likes of Bezos or Musk, but keep it "off paper". Religion/Ethnicity doesn't come into it though. Very hard to phrase in a way without people jumping to conclusions that you are leading them into an antisemitic conspiracy theory though isn't it?

Yeah, that's some pretty heavy lifting from Baddiel right there. I'd also like to know his source for 29% of Corbyn's supporters think this. Oh wait, it's Twitter isn't it?

idunnosomename

It is from his book which you must buy because it is important and genius

Inspector Norse

Starmer holding a press conference now to announce that much like about 59.5 million other people, he did not break the law.

Sure the GB News lot will be making out this is evidence of Starmer being in cahoots with the authorities or something, mind.

Mobius

Is this meant to be a victory lap speech? It's not very good

phantom_power

Quote from: lipsink on July 08, 2022, 10:34:56 AMHaha. Frankie Boyle had a spat yesterday with Abi Wilkinson. Unfortunately, Wilkinson appears to have deleted her account since but it was when Boyle tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/frankieboyle/status/1544764317077307392

Wilkinson pointed out that Boyle had slagged off Corbyn in his show and articles:

Boyle shockingly used the anti-semitism weaponisation again yesterday when someone said it was painful watch their programmes. He said : Which episode do you mean? The one where we had a Jew on?"

What an arsehole. 

What does he expect to happen in opposition? Under Corbyn Labour held the Tories to account over and over. I know the balance of power is a bit different now and so it is harder for Starmer to do this but he doesn't even fucking try, often agreeing with or apologising for the government. He doesn't want to offend anyone and so in the process impresses no-one, apart from the sensible people who make up less of the population than they think they do

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 08, 2022, 12:58:48 PMIs it me or did he work hard to conjoin "thinking the world is ran by some anonymous elites" and "those elites are Jews"?

Because I don't think it's unlikely that there are some people who keep out of the limelight, have lots of power and probably have more money than the likes of Bezos or Musk, but keep it "off paper". Religion/Ethnicity doesn't come into it though. Very hard to phrase in a way without people jumping to conclusions that you are leading them into an antisemitic conspiracy theory though isn't it?

Yeah, a stretch to see antisemitism there.

You need to have your head in the sand if you think that a few hyper-wealthy people don't have an outsized thumb on the scale of western politics and societal narratives. Who has more power over a national/global society, the governor of a mid-sized US state or Rupert Murdoch? The chair of the Fed or Ian Musk? There are legitimate questions to be asked about how power congeals and accumulates in the hands of a few very wealthy unelected people who have no democratic mandate or particular motivation to be benevolent, and whether that's a good thing or something that should be reined in somehow.

Ethnicity has nothing to do with it - in fact, the ones I can think of that are more... "covert" (if that's the right word) are all (?) tedious white blokes.

It is very difficult to talk about without sounding like a crank though, which I suppose is the point of all this. See also: discussion of why Israel probably shouldn't shoot so many journalists in the head (and that's just the documented media attack cases since 2018). That kind of criticism (and a discussion of where the military hardware is coming from that enables it) has nothing to do with religion or ethnicity, and everything to do with murdering people and becoming increasingly politically extreme and volatile, but any discussion leaves you very vulnerable to being labeled a racist, as if the only reason you'd care about basic human rights is because it's a useful tool with which to do a racism.

Anyway.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: lipsink on July 08, 2022, 12:37:13 PMhttps://twitter.com/jrc1921/status/1545046345425203202

A clip where Boyle and The Smartest Man Ever Baddiel discuss Labour's hatred of the Jews. Fair play to Katherine Ryan and to some extent Sara Pascoe for trying to push back a little.

"off brand"

its pretty good to hear a certain kind of language from half a decade ago and know its unlikely to come back.

Blumf

Video Game Fan 2000

said it in the other thread at length but i doubt Baddiel to could writing passing grade as level coursework on 'antisemitism in the english speaking world' or something like it. imagine knowing so little that when you're brought on to argue that Labour has antisemitism problem you agree with the statement that this is probably because historically there's been no racism on the UK left? what on earth.

such a painfully obvious case of a pampered celebrity deciding he's an expert because he wants to see his name on the cover of a book. all he's got to fall back on is "as a..., i..." oh yes first person everyone else better shut up now

Video Game Fan 2000

antisemitism mainly happens when people have forgotten what antisemitism is so they blunder into it like hapless fools

if only someone on a chat show had defined it for them they wouldnt have commited such a cock up

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: lipsink on July 08, 2022, 01:22:38 PMHe hasn't apologised for it but has tried to intellectualize it by claiming it was high art in that 2014 interview with that Pointless cunt. He also was on Novara Media in 2020 saying he no longer does "nihilistic comedy" as the world has changed and these things are too important. Again, just intellectualising it when he should just say sorry for being a cunt.

World was a load of pointless crap before

PlanktonSideburns

Dreaming of a better world where I am free to belittle people with downs and Olympic swimmers again

Video Game Fan 2000

once again its people who discovered social justice issues in facebook arguments about pop culture circa 2015 schooling people who've been marching the streets for decades with their big dick good boy intuitions and insights

Fambo Number Mive

Fabricant has come out with some bizarre rant about Starmer and Rayner being cleared by Durham police, saying "Many regular people will feel this is another Establishment stitch-up". The Daily Mail have used "another Establishment stich-up" as their headline.

As if Fabricant wasn't part of the establishment, and as if Johnson didn't get off very lightly over covid rule breaches.

Blumf

Exciting missive from everyone's favourite moderate beer drinker!

QuoteDear Blumf,

I always said that no rules were broken when I was in Durham.

The police have now completed their investigation and found there is no case to answer.

People said to me I was taking a risk by saying I would step down if I was fined.

But it was never about that. For me, it was a matter of principle. 

It shouldn't be controversial to say that those who make the law cannot break the law.

But we have to set the bar far higher than that.

Our country is stuck in a dangerous rut. Everywhere you look things are broken and nothing gets fixed.

People say to me when they look at those running the country, they see a group of people totally detached from reality, whose words mean nothing and who put their own interest first.

Who could blame them for concluding that politics doesn't matter and doesn't work?

This is not just about Boris Johnson. This feeling that politics has failed hasn't emerged in the last few months.

It's been bubbling away for years and people have completely lost faith that this can be changed, that politics can be a force for good. 

The reason I made the promise that I did, was to change their mind.

Because when politics is done well, it can change lives and that is what I will do as Prime Minister.

Like when Labour created the NHS, introduced the Equal Pay Act and brought people together to deliver peace in Northern Ireland.

It is vital that we:

Reboot our economy

Re-energise our communities

Revitalise our public services

And give Britain the fresh start it needs.
In the coming days, I'll set out more about how a reforming Labour Government will achieve that.

What you will always get from me is someone who believes honesty and integrity matter, who will work every day for the good of the country and who will not betray the faith that you place in me.

Thank you.

Keir Starmer 
Leader of the Labour Party

Er... what about those pledges you made in the leadership election Keir?

Stonefish

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 08, 2022, 01:15:11 PMLike anyone really expected the cops were going nick cleanshirt starm

After Johnson's resignation I dared to dream...

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

List of Cunts Page 54 July 8 2022
  • The Illuminati
  • David Baddiel
  • Keir Starmer
  • Durham Police
  • Frankie Boyle

Zero Gravitas

If I was Keir, tonight I'd order 10 curries and 20 pints and guzzle them all by a window.

Buelligan

And, hopefully, explode to death on prime time.

It's what Shinzo would've wanted.