Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:43:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Psychedelics

Started by dannyfc, June 18, 2022, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny_Jim

Bangs per buck and purity of yer average street coke is fucking shit as well.  Much better spending money elsewhere I reckon.

dannyfc

Had plenty of enjoyable nights on coke tbf. Take too much and you'll inevitably ramble like an narcissistic arsehole, but it got me out of my shell in my early 20s and genuinely made meaningful social relationships that I wouldn't have otherwise.

Couldn't imagine going to an all night rare without some form of stimulant. Obviously MDMA is king but also way too intense for a casual night out.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: dannyfc on July 05, 2022, 08:25:38 AMhow does k-holing compare to psyche trips?

took a load on saturday and felt like i blasted into space, body heavily locked into the sofa while my mind explored vast geometrical landscapes.

was brilliant, but then i threw up all the cauliflower cheese id eaten earlier in the day and made groaning sounds next to the toilet for an hour.
I had a few lines recently and it had no noticeable effect. I'm not convinced it wasn't just ground up aspirin. I would have felt ripped off if I'd been the one paying for it. That said, the ones who did pay are far more experienced psychonauts than me and they didn't complain.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: earl_sleek on June 28, 2022, 08:52:44 AMI'm not middle class, either. (And I don't think coke is a middle class drug either, not anymore - I know plenty of working class people who use it, often as a way to get through working 12 hours a day on minimum wage).

Yeah, it used to be that speed was the go-to substitute for people who didn't want to pay for coke (including keeping people upright at work often in kitchens etc) but it seems that the ubiquity of coke (and probably in part the fact that you can get cheaper stuff that doesn't even pretend it hasn't been 'stepped on') has displaced it.

JaDanketies

I always refuse cocaine these days. It's like meat, for me. No shit you like it - your physiology is predisposed to like it. But I'm not tempted because I can't help but think about the harm it causes.

I don't think my friends are sat there waiting to see me take a drug so they know it's okay for them to take it, but other than slapping drugs out of their hands and flushing them down the toilet, the only thing I can do is avoid condoning my friends' cocaine use at all, which necessitates not accepting it from them and making it clear that I think it's unethical and unacceptable.

And yknow that's fine too. Because when people are coked out of their skulls, you can only tolerate them if you're also coked out of yours or have taken many sedatives and the cokehead doesn't notice when you fall asleep 

Buelligan

Quote from: earl_sleek on June 28, 2022, 08:52:44 AMI'm not middle class, either. (And I don't think coke is a middle class drug either, not anymore - I know plenty of working class people who use it, often as a way to get through working 12 hours a day on minimum wage).

This really touches on some very interesting content in Novara's latest Downstream, I linked it in the gardening thread but really, I think it might interest a lot of the posters here.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Buelligan on July 05, 2022, 10:44:34 AMThis really touches on some very interesting content in Novara's latest Downstream, I linked it in the gardening thread but really, I think it might interest a lot of the posters here.

Look at the size of the pills he's got behind him. No wonder he looks happy.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: itsfredtitmus on July 03, 2022, 11:08:40 PMreally apology for how I spoke in this thread as it really wasn't on at all. I wasn't even in a mood which makes it worse

Hope you understand

I didn't cover myself in glory either.

I'm quite defensive of acid because while I think ultimately it's meaningless, it's a kind of meaningless I find interesting and reassuring. I don't know what it's like for other people but for me, it does amazing things to music while also conveying the absurdity of sitting around listening to a bunch of organised noises. And the absurdity of all the other things people do too.

I didn't mind it at all. It was an interesting, discussion provoking point of view you were expressing.
It didn't feel like you were trolling or trying to wind people up, so on a discussion forum, it's all good gravy.

I've seen that stereotype of posh sixth form bellends going on their gap yah and finding themselves, but it hadn't been my experience.

Around my way there were "clean" drugs like coke and ecstasy that the older people who had jobs would be taking on a night out, but acid was very much seen as a dirty, cheap drug that all the poor kids hanging round in the streets at night would be taking.

If we ever talked about it, it was always just "christ, I was blitzed at the weekend", rather than us sat around stroking our chins and comparing notes on our new found understanding of the cosmos.

Buelligan

One could say the same about Art or Beauty or just about anything - you can expose a brain to it, after that, it's up to the brain.

Haha :D Well, we did the civilised thing and kept our epiphanies to ourselves. Let's put it that way.

This whole imbroglio is epiphany minimal.

Ray Travez

I don't get it.
I looked up Natalie Imbroglio's album titles, just to make sure it wasn't that.

edit: Aaaaaaah, Will Self. Gotcha. Haha, yes very good :D

There it is; The cleverest thing I'll ever say and half the reactions were confusion.

I watched a documentary on the Netflix last night, called Fantastic Fungi (because "Magic Mushrooms" would have been too on the nose, presumably - also, it was about fungi in general). I'm still not convinced of the benefits of getting completely blitzed off my tits, but the stuff about microdosing and neurogenesis was interesting. I might give that a go.

JaDanketies

I think that for mentally sound people there's a value to getting blasted off your tits once in a while on acid or mushrooms or even 2cb.

It doesn't have a hangover, it doesn't tax your internal organs, and it typically feels very nice. That surely must be good for your psyche. Even if you remove all of that "new way of thinking / grand communion with the universe" out of the equation.

I think there's a value to couples taking MDMA together occasionally, and that shit is bad for you, with a hangover and neurotoxic effects

Will Self reference made me laugh when I was pointed to it being a Will Self reference

JaDanketies

gonna get a deemster pen thanks to the ravings of @Bence Fekete itt. I'm planning on taking 2cb later this month when I see Phoebe Bridgers and Bence's descriptions of how easy it is to break through when you're already on acid makes it seem like it's worth a shot for when I come home after the show. Although I'll do it before then just to make sure I'm prepared and that it's not going to ruin my night.

If I break my brain or my lungs get shrivelled up from deadly DMT juice it was your fault.

I already talked about getting some DMT with my fiancee (the caretaker of my child when I am intoxicated), and her eyes absolutely glazed over when I got to the space pixies bit, I doubt she even remembers the conversation. I believe that means it is okay.

Mister Six

Never even heard of 2cb until I came to this thread.

Never done psychedelics, actually (at least I don't think so - I had some weird visuals the first time I smoked a bong at a stranger's house, but I'm a lightweight and he was a hardcore stoner so it might have just been insanely powerful skunk or something). I do fancy DMT, but I don't reckon I'll do it while I'm living abroad. Don't want to risk getting deported.

imitationleather

2CB is good stuff. Visuals without the messed up thoughts of yer shrooms and acid.

If you take it with friends everything becomes amazingly funny.

Is 2CB one of those poncy Citroens, painted all tie-dye?

Quote from: Mister Six on July 09, 2022, 03:35:49 AMNever done psychedelics, actually (at least I don't think so - I had some weird visuals the first time I smoked a bong at a stranger's house, but I'm a lightweight and he was a hardcore stoner so it might have just been insanely powerful skunk or something)
I've often heard people talk about tripping on weed, but I've never experienced it myself and I'm quite a lightweight myself. I've fainted twice in my life and both times were from smoking the reefer. Maybe my brain isn't wired up the right way.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: imitationleather on July 09, 2022, 12:57:04 PM2CB is good stuff. Visuals without the messed up thoughts of yer shrooms and acid.

If you take it with friends everything becomes amazingly funny.

I've never tried it. A techno-head friend of mine on my university course used to praise it highly but we never came across any while I knew him. I could never get much of a description out of him as to what it's like either. Does it do anything interesting to music?

imitationleather

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 09, 2022, 01:23:32 PMDoes it do anything interesting to music?

Probably! To be honest I've never really listened to music while on it.

TOP TIP: Never snort it. It's like a firework endlessly going off in your nose. I know of someone who called an ambulance after doing this as they thought their sinuses were about to fall out.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: imitationleather on July 09, 2022, 01:24:26 PMProbably! To be honest I've never really listened to music while on it.

D'Oh! What's the matter with you techno-heads? It's the single most important thing to find out!

QuoteTOP TIP: Never snort it. It's like a firework endlessly going off in your nose. I know of someone who called an ambulance after doing this as they thought their sinuses were about to fall out.

Yikes, noted.

JaDanketies

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 09, 2022, 01:23:32 PMI've never tried it. A techno-head friend of mine on my university course used to praise it highly but we never came across any while I knew him. I could never get much of a description out of him as to what it's like either. Does it do anything interesting to music?

It's just as good for musical appreciation as LSD. It really is LSD without the thoughts, and with it only taking six hours and then you can sleep

Mister Six

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on July 09, 2022, 01:16:11 PMIs 2CB one of those poncy Citroens, painted all tie-dye?
I've often heard people talk about tripping on weed, but I've never experienced it myself and I'm quite a lightweight myself. I've fainted twice in my life and both times were from smoking the reefer. Maybe my brain isn't wired up the right way.

It's never happened again, although I've also never taken two lungfuls from a massive bucket bong again, so...

It wasn't much, just colours, appearing apparently in time to my heartbeat, especially with my eyes closed. But I could have just been catastrophically munted.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: JaDanketies on July 09, 2022, 02:18:33 PMIt's just as good for musical appreciation as LSD. It really is LSD without the thoughts, and with it only taking six hours and then you can sleep

Fantastic!

JaDanketies

Really liking this DMT vape pen. In fact it feels like figuring out how to get good acid on the internet. It was a massive amount of effort to get to a breakthrough experience last time I had it and was really hit and miss, so I never bothered rebuying it, but with a vape it's easy to keep at it until you are no longer capable of hitting a vape.

Can't wait to mix it with 2cb and then 2cb and ket on Saturday! In  fact i can't wait untill I get more DMT vape juice so I don't have to worry about running out

Proactive

Have you tried just having a nice cup of tea and some biscuits instead?

Sonny_Jim

Used to get 1P-LSD (or some combination of letters and numbers) off the internet, not even the dark web.  Only sketchy part was the bank transfer as unsurprisingly they couldn't get anyone to provide banking services for them.  Was very impressed with the service and goods, although by the emails they've been sending me they've had to shut down.

JaDanketies

1P-LSD was great mate. Exactly the same as LSD. There was also LSZ that was also exactly the same. And there was one called AL-LAD that was somewhat the same but really colourful, and you didn't realise you were having tripping thought processes so you thought the TV was actually communicating with you. Was the tits. Great drug by itself and would be suitable for enduring popularity imo. And it lasted for less time so you could get to sleep earlier.

There was also one called aMT that was also one of the best drugs ever, it was a bit like taking MDMA and LSD at the same time except for more easygoing, and it lasted you all day. What a great time to be in my 20s.

Kids nowadays don't seem to have it so bad either though, their nitrous canisters look massive. I bought hundreds of the little chargers before I got her pregnant so I've still got plenty of oldschool ones left