Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:48:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bernard Cribbins Has Died

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, July 28, 2022, 09:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Quote from: Glebe on July 28, 2022, 12:42:22 PMThis is just the saddest day. Childhood legend. What a career. Wombles. Who. Carry On. RIP Cribs.

This even made Euronews' ticker. RTE have him as 'Children's TV star and entertainer', talk about being shortchanged.

Even the New York Post covered his death, although they seemed to think that he played the same character in Daleks: Invasion Earth and nu-Who, despite also giving the names for both characters. Baffling.

Anyway, 93 years and a wonderful life. Well done, Bernard.

pigamus

Rose West commences autobiography

Glebe

Quote from: Mister Six on July 28, 2022, 05:47:33 PMEven the New York Post covered his death, although they seemed to think that he played the same character in Daleks: Invasion Earth and nu-Who, despite also giving the names for both characters. Baffling.

Anyway, 93 years and a wonderful life. Well done, Bernard.

Gossipy US pop culture site Cinemablend have also covered his passing. Gatiss tweet quoted:

QuoteThere was no one quite like Cribbins. A gifted comic actor with an incredible seam of pathos and real heart. From Sellers to Star Turn, Wombles to Wilf. I once gushed to him about his lovely performance in Hammer's 'She'. That afternoon he was off to play 5 aside - aged almost 90.

Didn't know that he'd popped up in a Hammer but it makes perfect sense.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on July 28, 2022, 10:09:01 AMJust Cleese, Booth and Scales still standing from the original cast *and* supporting cast of every single episode of " Fawlty Towers" now (more or less. Is that blonde bloke who was also in " The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin" still alive? Oh, and yer man who was also in " End Of Part One's still going, as well.)

Christ, that's just sent me looking. Astonished to find them all dead, even the "younger" ones.

Robin Ellis (the detective from the first episode) is still going, as is Mrs. Hamilton.

Norton Canes

Did anyone mention Tony 'These eggs looked like you laid them' Page? Still going, according to IMDb

Keebleman

RIP.  I believe he holds the record for Most Beloved Sixties and Seventies Icon Never to Have Been Yewtree'd (Yet).

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Keebleman on July 28, 2022, 08:11:13 PMRIP.  I believe he holds the record for Most Beloved Sixties and Seventies Icon Never to Have Been Yewtree'd (Yet).

He did play Wally Banister in Coronation Street about twenty years ago and got to shag Tracy Barlow who was fifty years his junior. I don't think this counts because the act was consensual, at the legal age of consent, and he was a fictional character

Glebe

idunnosomename

thing about everyone who got yewtree'd, we all fucking knew they were perverts at the time. this cunt was solid

Armed Traffic Warden

Has anyone considered he may just be very tired? I mean, they stabbed Jesus with a pike to be sure. I understand that is the traditional method for checking if someone is just having a heavy kip.

lauraxsynthesis

I've been looking forward to seeing him in the Dr Who 60th. A fitting end. Lovely Cribbo.

British Comedy Society has a campaign to get Right Said Fred to number one. https://twitter.com/BritComSociety/status/1552620818160574465

Nooooooooo! Not Burty Crinbags!

benjitz

A touching tribute from Tony Parsehole:

Note "Here's Right Said Fred...with Bernard Cribbins"

"with"...

Why did they print out his imdb page? Would it have looked less respectful if Farage was just scrolling on his phone "Oh, look, he was in the wombles an' all! Good for him"

Glebe

Just recently uploaded, never saw it before!:

Alberon

Two Cribbins for the price of one!