Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:01:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Has a celebrity ever been rude to you?

Started by TC Raymond, April 05, 2007, 06:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huzzie

I wish people would expand on their stories a bit more. There seems to be too much "Henry Kissenger pushed me off his bed and told me he hates me".

I mean, Mr A. Wackos minders pushed you into the hedge!!! Why?? Did they say anything?? Did Jacko even acknowledge your existence?? Did you have a go at them or say anything back??

Please, please expand! STOP THE COYNESS!!

TotalMink

Eddie Reader told me to fuck off once - (didnt we do this before)

Huzzie

Quote from: "Borboski"Saw all sorts of things,

If your anecdotes (and anyone else who has had such interesting jobs) isn't turned into a thread I will erm... kill myself!

Murdo

I once had Roneld De Boer, the Dutch former Rangers player, go fucking mental at me one afternoon as I drove along Byres Road in Glasgow.  I wouldn't let him into my lane - I didn't know it was him at first, just saw this massive BMW trying to push in front of me, which I was having none of, so he pulled in behind me and almost hit my car, flashing his lights and pamping his horn. All I could see in my mirror was this really angry looking guy shouting at me, so I gave him the finger and carried on. When I got to the next set of lights he pulled over to the side of the road and got out, which was when I realised who he was.  He appraoched the group that seemed to be waiting for him - a load of other Rangers players - and was bright red, still shouting uninteligibly and pointing in my direction. As the lights I'd been waiting at changed to green,  I rolled down my passenger window and told him and his mates to fuck off.

Sam

Quote from: "TotalMink"Eddie Reader told me to fuck off once - (didnt we do this before)

Seriously? She seems like such a lovely woman. Can you elaborate a bit more? Where was it? What was the situation? What did you do to incur her wrath?

duckorange

When I was a studio manager, John Redwood lost his parliamentary pen, got very sniffy and "Don't you know who I am" with us, and tried to pick a fight. The total cunt.

The next time he was in, he'd started screwing his secretary, and was kindness personified.

On the other hand, I once told  Uri Geller to fuck off; and to his credit, he did.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: "Borboski"Sting's brother was once brought into my police station.  He had been drinking in Cafe Paris in Nottingham, and had forgotten his cards.  He'd run up a £50 bill but told them "don't worry, I'll come back tommorow.  I'm Sting's brother".  They hadn't been impressed and called security when he tried to leave.

He was the most sneery little fucker that I every fingerprinted.  He was incredibly rude to everyone, so much so that it was blooming marvellous when the Duty Sargeant shouted down the checking in desk "YOU CAN'T BUY YOUR WAY OUT OF THE LAW!!!".  While fingerprinting him he looked at me with total scorn - there was a question routinely asked - which I forget - but was along the lines of "Is there anything about you which is odd?"  and I remember asking "which. is.  odd?" line in that fashion with a big shit-eating grin.

Total cunt, and did nothing to pursuade me that Sting is a complete and utter cunt.

I illustrated a children's book for Sting's brother about 6 years ago, and the bastard never paid me. Mind he must feel slightly bitter that his brother is worth a trillion dollars and he's still working as a milkman. And he lost his bar in Whitley Bay after giving drinks to kids.

Marvin

Jools Holland, genuinely one of the nastiest people I have ever had the misfortune to meet, on both occasions I have, and I'm assured this was his normal behaviour. I've been called almost everything under the sun by him and his driver who has worked for him for years says he never calls him by name, only 'fucking stupid cunt' or something similar.

My mum and dad (not me, I wasn't alive at this time) were walking through London in the late 70's when they saw Virginia Wade.  As they looked at her she said, "what are you fucking looking at?"

the midnight watch baboon

He wasn't rude, really, but a soccer skills academy I attended in Southend once had Ian Wright as its special medal-giving-out guest back in the early 90's and he looked like he'd rather be playing catch with dog shit.

His exuberant, laugh-a-minute* meeja image is all a lie!

*kinda

Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"When I was working at a theatre, I opened the door to Rhona Cameron. Her opening words were 'Fucking hell, what kind of shithole is this?', rather than the more conventional 'Hello'.
Sounds about right. She came across as a thoroughly unpleasant person at the theatre I worked at too.

One time, as a friendly gesture the staff arranged a meal with the visiting cast and crew of a show starring Kate O' Mara. At the dinner table, the charming Miss O' Mara was heard to say "I hope these people know they're paying for their own meals." That's so rude there's really no words for it. Get fucked, you haggard old trout.

I hate showbiz people.

Mr. Analytical

Showbiz people are cunts.

I was dragged to the birthday party of my GF's housemate and most of her friends seemed to be stick thin musical theatre bitches in ugh boots and too much make-up.  I've never seen such an unpleasant bunch of preening people.  Mercifully we didn't stay long but when GF returned they'd blown out one of her speakers and in order to get round the no smoking in the house rule had hid an ashtray behind the computer resulting in the back of the computer being covered in fucking fag ash.

So apparently they start their cuntery young.

Jemble Fred

I went out on the town with Craig Charles when I was at university and he never offered me any crack once.

Bubbles

I sat on Frank Carsons knee when i was about 9, he didn't try and touch me up or nothing.

El Unicornio, mang

I really wouldn't want Craig Charles offering me his crack

daisy11

Quote from: "Cardinal Tit Storm"
Quote from: "Emergency Lalla Ward Ten"When I was working at a theatre, I opened the door to Rhona Cameron. Her opening words were 'Fucking hell, what kind of shithole is this?', rather than the more conventional 'Hello'.
Sounds about right. She came across as a thoroughly unpleasant person at the theatre I worked at too.
I hate showbiz people.

Oh no, she was lovely and smiley and funny when I met her in the gym changing room.  Chatted away perfectly happy to me (perfect stranger) about not knowing a comedy festival was on and what she was up to now, even apologised for being all red and sweaty.  I said "healthy!"

Famous Mortimer

Might that be because you're a woman? I know nothing about Rhona Cameron, so I may be barking up the wrong tree.

Could be just that she wasn't at work and stressed out? Everyone has off days I suppose. Mind you, it's certainly true that the attractive females I worked with got rather a lot more mileage out of visiting thespians than the rest of us.

Bingo Fury

Quote from: "explodingvinyl"A few years ago I was interviewing Mudhoney and they were utter twats to me. I had to abandon it in the end because I was getting nothing but one word answer to questions that couldn't be answered with one word. That was when they decided to acknowledge my presence, the rest of the time they spent having their picture taken and ignoring me. Pricks.

Fucking Mark Arm?! Same here! One-word answers. Why does he even bother?

Utter Shit

Offsetting the cuntiness a little bit, all the McFly lads are bloody nice fellas without the slightest ounce of pretension.

TC Raymond

To start the cunt ball rolling...

Me and my ex-GF Laura were in Covent Garden market a few years back when she spotted Belinda Carlisle. It was a cloudy, overcast day and there was the former Go-Gos fatarse wearing bloody Hello Kitty sunglasses. Laura went over to her and said "You're an amazing singer, can I..." and before she could finish the sentence, Carlisle waved her perfectly manicured paw in her face and said "Oh, PUH-LEEEZE" in the most nasally, whiny American 'kewl' accent I have heard outside of Lois from Family Guy. Then swanned off looking like she had a red hot poker up her wobbly arse, which incidentally looked fucking nightmarish in black leggings. Rude ginger cunt.

On a more personal level, Hank Marvin of the Shadows is an apocalyptically huge cunt. Not just for letting his son die in poverty but for being a right rude fucker when I asked him to sign a tour flyer for my mum and he moaned because I hadn't bought a programme. I was skint at the time and told him I'd already had to sell some of my possessions to buy a ticket to his cunting gig, and he said "Well nobody asked you to come here". What an arsehole. I would've smacked him one but he was surrounded by old tart 'groupies' who'd probably have slapped me to death.

chocky909

I met a few slebs when I worked at HMV Oxford Street. But the only ones I actually interacted with were Simon Pegg, Leo Sayer and Simon Mayo.  I told Simon Pegg that "I really liked you in Spaced" and he replied in a slightly too deep voice "Oh, thanks, we've got a new series starting in a couple of months". I asked for Leo Sayer's autograph because I was completely unstarstruck when confronted by him and thought it'd be kitsch to have it. He seemed inordinately pleased with this. Finally Simon Mayo. I didn't really say anything to him until, after giving him his change, he insisted that he gave me a £20 note when I gave him change from a £10. I don't remember much about what happened after that but I didn't give him the £10. Eventually my manager came over and took his name and address so we could check the till at the end of the day. I never found out whether or not it was £10 over or not. He wasn't that bolshy to be fair and I suppose it was possible he did give me a £20. I personally think he was trying it on.

Other celebrities I came into contact with included, Justine Frischman (nothing), Kevin Eldon (I was frozen with admiration being a big Lee & Herring fan and also Jam at the time), Dido (nice I suppose) and Rob Brydon from a distance.

Also Matthew Kelly is lovely, I met him at the after show for the Premiere of his 'Of Mice and Men' comeback theatre gig and he was really nice. Big genuine smile all night. That was about the same time that he had a go at Frank Skinner for the dodgy comments re the allegations. Great stuff, free bar and good production too.

So basically no stories about celebrities being nobs.

CookACat

Quote from: "chocky909"So basically no stories about celebrities being nobs.

I sold a CD to Alex Turner the other day and he was a very polite young man, despite me staring.

Sherringford Hovis

Apparently Bill Bailey once said "Fuck" when he nearly fell over my dog. Whether it was an exclamation of surprise that a moth-eaten terrier had almost toppled him, or an ejaculation of disbelief that the ex-Mrs Hovis had actually bothered to drag her leviathan arse off the sofa and take the poor little bleeder for a walk, it's about 50/50 either way.

claire-eedie

Lame celeb alert, but fairly good story:

I was a cute little five-year-old girl with her left arm in plaster wandering around the village cricket club on a sunny day.
He was a known children's presenter making a television programme (and apparantly pretty cunty to everyone all day).
As I crossed his path as he tried to film a link he said, "Go away little girl, and break your other arm."
The celeb? John Noakes: it's a good thing he had left Blue Peter by that point, as I'm pretty sure they sack 'em for less...
And he cried when he talked about Shep dying; the cunt.

Saul

None of the celebrities I've met have been at all rude to me. I did have a dream about the 1993 Blue Peter presenters being rude, but when I actually met them a few weeks later they were all very nice, especially Dianne Louise Jordan. Even Anthea Turner didn't try to steal my husband, although that may have been because I was a 9 year old boy and therefore had no husband. John Leslie didn't try and rape anyone while I was there (allegedly), although I was slightly shocked that he was signing pre-printed Christmas cards rather than making his own out of cardboard and glitter. Ah, the naivety of youth.

MissInformed

Quote from: "the midnight watch baboon"He wasn't rude, really, but a soccer skills academy I attended in Southend once had Ian Wright as its special medal-giving-out guest back in the early 90's and he looked like he'd rather be playing catch with dog shit.

His exuberant, laugh-a-minute* meeja image is all a lie!

*kinda
You must have caught him on an off day. I've met him a few times and what you see (on TV) is what you get, it seems to me.
Ian Wright was always more than nice to me. Conversely his wife would quite like to kill me.

dr beat

QuoteJohn Leslie didn't try and rape anyone while I was there (allegedly), although I was slightly shocked that he was signing pre-printed Christmas cards rather than making his own out of cardboard and glitter. Ah, the naivety of youth.

Hmm...there is a story doing the rounds at Sheffield University about Mr Leslie's alleged dalliancies after he compared a fashion show there...something to do with a very vocal young lady and some conveniences (allegedly)

non capisco

Quote from: "Sherringford Hovis"Apparently Bill Bailey once said "Fuck" when he nearly fell over my dog. Whether it was an exclamation of surprise that a moth-eaten terrier had almost toppled him, or an ejaculation of disbelief that the ex-Mrs Hovis had actually bothered to drag her leviathan arse off the sofa and take the poor little bleeder for a walk, it's about 50/50 either way.

My friend filmed the 'underwater washing up' bit for 'Part Troll' and told me Bill Bailey is a lovely guy.

He was letting his parrot fly around the house at the time, and it started pecking my mate's eyebrows which would have soured any experience I'd have had meeting Bill Bailey if it was me, no matter how much of a lovely guy he was. I hate birds indoors, even pet ones.

Sam

A friend of mine tried to approach Bill Bailey in Edinburgh and found him very unapproachable and aloof. Probably coked up.