Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:36:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson (from 6th March) 2023

Started by AzureSky, March 05, 2023, 10:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cakeinmilk

I saw a couple of the shows in Bristol. Fridays was possibly the worst version I've seen of it largely down, I think, to the Friday night audience. It just didn't flow as well as it has previously. Saturday morning was a different story - quite a few people valiantly doubled up on scripts due to low attendance, it had a great atmosphere, and it had the best Keith I've ever seen.

I'd say it's changed maybe 10% since Edinburgh.

On another Kitson note, someone gave me the Ian Collins Unbranded audio interview from 2002, so that, along with a load of written articles (interviews etc.) are now up on kitson.cakeinmilk.com

Please please please if you have anything else not listed there, do come forward!

Mobbd

Quote from: cakeinmilk on November 26, 2023, 10:55:12 PMOn another Kitson note, someone gave me the Ian Collins Unbranded audio interview from 2002, so that, along with a load of written articles (interviews etc.) are now up on kitson.cakeinmilk.com

Please please please if you have anything else not listed there, do come forward!

This is the first time I've seen your archive. It's amazing. A beautiful project with a brilliant and noble mission.

Tiggles

Quote from: cakeinmilk on November 26, 2023, 10:55:12 PMI saw a couple of the shows in Bristol. Fridays was possibly the worst version I've seen of it largely down, I think, to the Friday night audience. It just didn't flow as well as it has previously.

I really enjoyed the Friday evening show, but it did feel a bit strange with some audience members being a bit drunk/ not paying attention. I remember thinking that I hadn't seen Kitson do a show on a Friday night for as long as I could recall. I had been intending to do the Saturday morning as well, but the person I'd brought with me (who loved it) needed to get back to Manchester fairly early that day. Glad it was fun!

And to echo others: your archive is a thing of wonder. I have it saved on my phone, I'm that much of a Danorak. Thank you.

AzureSky

Has anyone else received their 'A Story For Christmas' on vinyl today?

It's a lovely thing, with the original show notes, a disclaimer saying 'THIS SHOW IS NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN'. Plus you get a download code, which I think is a first for a Kitson vinyl.

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: AzureSky on December 04, 2023, 08:46:39 PMHas anyone else received their 'A Story For Christmas' on vinyl today?

It's a lovely thing, with the original show notes, a disclaimer saying 'THIS SHOW IS NOT INTENDED FOR CHILDREN'. Plus you get a download code, which I think is a first for a Kitson vinyl.

Yeah, it arrived today.

It's properly fantakka!!

He certainly gives you your money's worth.

Tiggles

My vinyl arrived today! It's really lovely to look at. I had that toy vacuum cleaner too, didn't work half as well as my mum imagined it would.

Did anyone else shake the envelope to see if Kindly Uncle Daniel had slipped them a Christmas fiver to buy sweets?