Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:20:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson (from 6th March) 2023

Started by AzureSky, March 05, 2023, 10:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamcoop

Quote from: itf on June 19, 2023, 10:45:35 PMI saw the WIP in Hebden a few months back and it's striking that there's really not a lot new been added since then. An enjoyable evening as always, but I'm still not quite seeing how this is becoming a 'real' show!

To be fair though in Newcastle he did talk a lot about how he thought he was done with stand up as he didn't feel the need to state his opinion about things anymore. And I realise him basically saying "I'm doing this because I need the money" is obviously a joke but I did feel like he was trying to articulate the fact that he'd probably not bother doing comedy anymore if he had the option.

I really enjoyed the night but out of all the times I've seen him it probably ranks the least funniest, and no matter how it's worded, somebody talking about how their house in London is worth twice the amount they paid for it ten years ago but yet still complaining about money will never really be an area that can be mined for laughs for me personally.

Still, £7, can't complain.

Tiggles

Oh look, Kitson's doing a run in London around Halloween, Wilton's is gorgeous and that could be fun. I wonder if I should plan a trip down?

[clicks on site]

[adds the code]

...oh.

SteveDave

I've got my ticket for Monday the 30th of October. Dickhead's Christmas Eve!

trabuch

Just had over an hour and a half of him. A treat. He didn't mention his house price (phew). Three or four times I got taken away on the Kitson wave. I would happily do that all over again (but I'd not drink before hand).

There were empty seats, despite it selling out and the venue doing their best with a dedicated twickets site. If you were one of those who snapped up tickets, and couldn't be arsed to put them out for resale when you realised you couldn't go - then you know what you can do.

kitsofan34

Saw him as well last night. Infinitely charming man, though his ad libs are ten times funnier than his actual written material.

Tiggles

New Kitson incoming.

He's putting out a physical format of his Christmas show, the version he recorded with Isy Suttie that he put on his website just in time to make me cry on Boxing Day morning, 2020. Very happy to throw money at him for that on vinyl. Available to order until 1 August through his website.

Also - he's got an idea for Edinburgh, which is a relief. Maybe.

Tiggles

London WIP for the Edinburgh show, sounds like it's *very* in progress:

https://www.thecockpit.org.uk/show/work_in_progress

Twilkes

Quote from: Tiggles on July 24, 2023, 10:29:45 PMLondon WIP for the Edinburgh show, sounds like it's *very* in progress:

https://www.thecockpit.org.uk/show/work_in_progress

Is a cockpit like an armpit but for cocks?

SteveDave

I'm just getting ERROR from the Tickets page. Bastard.

clarkycan

Ticket link seems to be working now.

MrMealDeal

Quote from: SteveDave on July 25, 2023, 09:22:50 AMI'm just getting ERROR from the Tickets page. Bastard.

Just bought tickets without a problem so maybe it's your browser?

Memorex MP3

the server was down for a while; it's back up but the first show is sold out

kitsofan34

Doesn't seem like Summerhall will be holding tickets back for his Edinburgh show as well, based off this email response:

QuoteHi kitsofan34,

Unfortunately those shows are all sold out and it is unlikely more tickets will become available, due to the popularity of the show.

My only advice would be to check back in on he day or days you intend to see the show in case anyone has returned tickets.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

SteveDave

I got two tickets for the 9pm show eventually

CaledonianGonzo

Quote from: kitsofan34 on July 25, 2023, 10:16:41 AMDoesn't seem like Summerhall will be holding tickets back for his Edinburgh show as well, based off this email response:

Last time I saw him at Summerhall there was a queue for returns and I'm sure saw them all get in fairly easily.

Memorex MP3

Misgauged the distance and we're not gonna be able to make it to the Cockpit by 9, if someone wants 2 tickets I can DM the booking code (they've said by e-mail that's all you'd need)

MrMealDeal

I also can't make it for tonight's 9pm show. DM if you'd like my ticket for free.

SteveDave

Tiggles

Quote from: SteveDave on July 30, 2023, 10:48:33 PMFuckinell. What a show.

Is that in a "get very giddy for Edinburgh if you're going" way?

SteveDave

Quote from: Tiggles on July 30, 2023, 10:55:23 PMIs that in a "get very giddy for Edinburgh if you're going" way?

Yes. Classic Kitson.

Tiggles

SteveDave

As in, it's not exactly stand-up but not exactly theatre, it's a whole different thing and it'll cost him more than he'll make from it.

Tiggles

Quote from: SteveDave on July 30, 2023, 11:23:50 PMAs in, it's not exactly stand-up but not exactly theatre, it's a whole different thing and it'll cost him more than he'll make from it.

Stop it. You're just getting me over-excited now.

cakeinmilk

@SteveDave is exactly correct. I was fortunate enough to have time on my hands and, though I missed the generous offers here, I picked up a return for the later show at the box office after the 6pm show so saw both.

I'm still curious how/if it will work in the manner he hopes. I can't see that it would ever really see any sort of official release.

Tiggles

I'm intrigued! I guess a lot of Kitson's experimental stuff has started out as "well, how am I going to make this idea work?" and he takes it from there. Are either of you going to Edinburgh? Would be fascinating to see where this ends up after a month of near-daily iterations.

itf

So for anyone who has been to both - does this now bear no resemblance to the WIP shows that have been happening up to now? Because the two I saw were not even loosely connected bits of stand-up - a couple of bits recurred between them but nothing that felt like the kind of show being described.