Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:50:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Taskmaster s16

Started by MigraineBoy, June 01, 2023, 09:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MigraineBoy

Tiggles

Sam Campbell has the potential to be shockingly impressive on this.

Pimhole

Explain who Sam Campbell is to me like I'm an idiot. Or with clips or something.

PlanktonSideburns

Hes a comedian you fucking idiot

kitsofan34

Quote from: Pimhole on June 01, 2023, 10:27:35 PMExplain who Sam Campbell is to me like I'm an idiot. Or with clips or something.

He won the Edinburgh Fringe award last year so he must be good.

MigraineBoy

Sam Campbell is the Kearns / Wozniak / Christie of this line-up in that a large percentage of C4 viewers won't know who they are but after about 2 episodes will end up fucking loving them.

notjosh

Sam Campbell was the only person on my wishlist for this series, so delighted by this.

bigfatheart

Fist Norman Lamont.

Fistest wins.

Your time starts now.

Pimhole

Oh wait I think I have seen him. One of those "I am weird" ones.

Quote from: Vroomo on June 01, 2023, 10:36:12 PMSam Campbell is the Kearns / Wozniak / Christie of this line-up in that a large percentage of C4 viewers won't know who they are but after about 2 episodes will end up fucking loving them.

Perfect. Looking forward to it.

Norton Canes

Quote from: Vroomo on June 01, 2023, 10:36:12 PMSam Campbell is the Kearns / Wozniak / Christie of this line-up

So 1/3 good?

Twilkes

Quote from: bigfatheart on June 01, 2023, 10:40:35 PMFist Norman Lamont.

Fistest wins.

Your time starts now.

Bonus points if the yogurt pot stays on his head.

Twilkes

Quote from: Vroomo on June 01, 2023, 09:51:47 PM

Why do the promo photos make me think this is the cast of the new Mission Impossible franchise?

Julian Clary the flamboyant mastermind, Lucy Beaumont the beautiful assassin, Sam Campbell the pubescent techie, Su Perkins the master of disguise, and Susan Wokoma the ballsy con artist.

mattjjh

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Clary and Campbell look like lookalikes of Neil Morrissey and Paul McCartney, but from a cheap agency.

Pete23

Never heard of Sam Campbell but I'm liking this:

Ron Superior

He's got another one here. He's great.

Norton Canes

Remember Danny Baker expressing a similar hatred of underdogs once

Tiggles

I had no idea Companion was on YouTube, it's brilliant. His brain must be an interesting place. Loved the bit with the moving men and I don't understand why. Loved all of it, tbh.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Ron Superior on June 02, 2023, 05:17:43 PMHe's got another one here. He's great.

That was the first time I ever saw him in anything and I loved it, I have a vague feeling it took a couple of minutes to click, but once it did it made me laugh a lot.

Campbell was also one of the creators of The Nippers Of Dead Bird Bay -

he doesn't act in it but it should give you a taste for his comedy, and it's something I really enjoyed, the first episode isn't the best but it quickly gets really funny.

edwardfog

He's my favourite comedian. Absolutely can't wait for this. His comedy blap Get Real Dude is a great place to start. 10 minutes long, perfect sketch show

notjosh

I enjoyed this bit of nonsense:

Ron Superior

Hey, nice little appearance there from the brilliant Jack Bensinger

Small Man Big Horse

I'm definitely going to watch this as I like Campbell and Clary so much, but I do worry about Taskmaster burnout, even though the latest New Zealand show has a whole bunch of people I like in it, I'm a few episodes behind and don't watch episodes as soon I can in the same way that I used to.

I guess it's been a long time coming, what with 15 previous series, the Champions of Champions episodes and the New Year specials, plus I watched the previous three NZ series and the Australian and American ones, and two seasons of Taskmaster Denmark as I thought it was genuinely great, plus at least an episode or two of many of the other European ones. But I do find myself thinking it's a shame that chances are that even if it's an amazing season I might not enjoy it as much as others do...*

*And yes, it's very much a first world problem. But back in the early days Taskmaster was a show I raved about all the time, and tried to get as many friends to watch it as well.

edwardfog

I've been feeling similarly but I've found it helps to cut down a bit on extracurricular Taskmaster. Haven't bothered so much with Oz or NZ unless there's someone I really like on there, and definitely no European ones. It's a lot easier to look forward to when you're only watching it once or twice a year

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: edwardfog on September 06, 2023, 08:31:33 AMI've been feeling similarly but I've found it helps to cut down a bit on extracurricular Taskmaster. Haven't bothered so much with Oz or NZ unless there's someone I really like on there, and definitely no European ones. It's a lot easier to look forward to when you're only watching it once or twice a year

I think that's definitely a good plan, I've given up on the European ones now, but still really NZ and Oz shows, the first season of the Australian series had Danielle Walker, Luke McGregor and Julia Morris on top form, while the first three NZ series are the show at its very best.

Ah well, this is very, very much a tiny issue and hopefully with Sam and Julian in the forthcoming series it'll reignite my love the show.

Hat FM

wonder if c4 plan to show the Australian version. i see they are now showing Taskmaster NZ. i loved the first two series but had to give up on series 3 as none of the people seemed particularly great after a few eps.

MigraineBoy

They've released the cast group shot, suggesting a 1920s/Art Deco theme:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F5RYNY_XkAA2dQX?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Excellent contestants, these 5. One in particular put me in place many times. Which I liked. - Alex Horne yet again leaning into his humiliation fetish.

crumblingman

They've started uploading the interviews on YouTube now. Two up so far.

Julian Clary:

Lucy Beaumont:

Got a good feeling about this series.