Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:28:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brian Butterfield Tour

Started by Small Man Big Horse, June 14, 2023, 10:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

There's discussion of the London show here: https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=102495.0

But I thought I'd give it its own thread as the show is now going on tour: http://www.brianbutterfield.co.uk/
The dates are here:
SEPTEMBER
11 EXETER CORN EXCHANGE
12 CARDIFF GLEE CLUB
13 BIRMINGHAM GLEE CLUB
16 SHEFFIELD LEADMILL
17 LEICESTER THEATRE
18 LEEDS CITY VARIETIES MUSIC HALL
21 GLASGOW GLEE CLUB
24 LONDON EARTH THEATRE
28 BATH KOMEDIA
29 PORTSMOUTH NEW THEATRE ROYAL
31 - NEW YORK MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - SOLD OUT

OCTOBER
1 MANCHESTER STOLLER HALL
4 NOTTINGHAM GLEE CLUB

And go on sale on Friday at 10pm.

BritishHobo

Fantastic! The part of me that's inherently disturbed by AI images has struggled with his recent tweets (as a few have been AI images of Butterfield in different situations) but there's absolutely no way I'm missing this.

Gurke and Hare

For such an obvious, silly, throwaway joke "NEW YORK MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - SOLD OUT" has me laughing more than it should.

Blinder Data

yahoo. will try to make the Glasgow show.

no Edinburgh dates - makes me wonder whether he will appear at the Fringe...?

idunnosomename

Funny I was just listening to the Phantom Menace SmershPod last night and they were gagging for more Brian after bringing up how amusing it is he is also the voice of Darth Maul.

"At last we will have re-venn-gay"

Vodkafone

Ooh, could be tempted by the Leadmill gig. Anyone seen him live before?

Malcy

Pre-Sale tomorrow morning at 10am. Glad Glasgow is on there!

Malcy

Just noticed the Madison Square Gardens SOLD OUT on the email. The link takes you to a Funkmaster Flex song.

centristmelt

Hopefully there'll be mystery meat and quiches lorraine in the foyer.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Blinder Data on June 14, 2023, 11:18:44 AMno Edinburgh dates - makes me wonder whether he will appear at the Fringe...?

fingers crossed

13 schoolyards

Quote from: Malcy on June 14, 2023, 11:51:14 AMJust noticed the Madison Square Gardens SOLD OUT on the email. The link takes you to a Funkmaster Flex song.

As heard at the Butterfield Karaoke Bar (which was cut from the DVD release): https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=brian+butterfield+karaoke

phantom_power

It is the sign of a good comedy character when you can barely see the real comedian there. I only get glimpses of Serafinawicz when I watch Butterfield

privatefriend

Quote from: Malcy on June 14, 2023, 11:39:17 AMPre-Sale tomorrow morning at 10am. Glad Glasgow is on there!

Pre-sale?

Malcy

Quote from: privatefriend on June 14, 2023, 02:53:36 PMPre-sale?

From the email

QuoteEXCLUSIVE PRE-SALE FOR BRIAN BUTTERFIELD NEWS EMAIL MEMBERS BEGINS AT 10AM ON THURSDAY 15TH JUNE.

no_offenc

Disappointed there's no Liverpool date, but maybe there's people there who he wants to avoid or something

BritishHobo

How quick do we reckon these will sell-out then, given the speed that the initial London date went? Interested to see the Cardiff demand for Butterfield.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Vodkafone on June 14, 2023, 11:30:03 AMOoh, could be tempted by the Leadmill gig. Anyone seen him live before?

One of the funniest things I have ever witnessed was Serafinowicz doing stand up as Terry Wogan in full Blankety Blank wig and garb. (he actually called himself 'Jerry Wogan', Tel's brother). This was twenty two years ago at a very boozy Saturday night Late 'N' Live with Ross Noble, Johnny Vegas and Daniel Kitson on the bill (all sharing the stage at one point.Them were the days! etc). When Peter was on there was only a hard pocket of laughs from our part of the crowd, but he was virtually booed off by the pissed up locals. The material was quite dark, if I recall. I think it was this joke that the idiots didn't like. "Steady now, comrades. I saw something very unusual the other day.Two babies no less, two babies making love in the middle of the road."

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: no_offenc on June 14, 2023, 03:50:49 PMDisappointed there's no Liverpool date, but maybe there's people there who he wants to avoid or something

Probably holding off for a triumphant homecoming show at the [Whoever it is sponsors the arena in Liverpool these days] Arena.

BritishHobo

Getting really excited now. It's ridiculous how much space Brian Butterfield quotes take up in my head for how little there actually is of the character. "Is it an XBOX?" "It's better than a box!" probably echoes round my gibbon brain more than any other comedy quote.

JamesTC

Quote from: no_offenc on June 14, 2023, 03:50:49 PMDisappointed there's no Liverpool date, but maybe there's people there who he wants to avoid or something

Yeah. Tempted by the Manchester show but be arsed making the trek back on a Sunday.

Vodkafone

Quote from: BritishHobo on June 14, 2023, 04:22:24 PMGetting really excited now. It's ridiculous how much space Brian Butterfield quotes take up in my head for how little there actually is of the character. "Is it an XBOX?" "It's better than a box!" probably echoes round my gibbon brain more than any other comedy quote.

Ditto with with any foodstuff even vaguely related to the Butterfield Diet.

Brundle-Fly

The fact that he's going to have be several hours in make up before and after every performance shows real dedication.

Malcy

Quote from: privatefriend on June 14, 2023, 04:18:22 PMTa, hopefully an e-mail tomorrow then.

When I clicked the link for the Glasgow date it had a countdown on the ticket page so I'm assuming it's just a case of doing that tomorrow morning.

£28 with fees.

Malcy

Booked! £1.50 for an e-ticket, robbing bastards.

IsavedLatin

Also booked, hurrah! Thanks so much for posting about this, I wouldn't have known otherwise.

her?

Just booked for Birmingham! Worth noting that you can book directly from the Glee Club website rather than the seetickets link in the email and it's cheaper.

privatefriend

Quote from: her? on June 15, 2023, 10:10:11 AMWorth noting that you can book directly from the Glee Club website rather than the seetickets link in the email and it's cheaper.

This is true and I'm annoyed I didn't notice, it's £4 cheaper to use the Glee website!. Booked for Glasgow anyway.

AVH

Quote from: her? on June 15, 2023, 10:10:11 AMJust booked for Birmingham! Worth noting that you can book directly from the Glee Club website rather than the seetickets link in the email and it's cheaper.

I just opened the The Glee club website page ready for 10am and did the same - tickets now acquired.

Malcy

London sold out quite fast yesterday. I checked a few of the others and tickets were still available. I wonder if it was just a number of pre-sale tickets that sold out or the whole venue.