Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brian Butterfield Tour

Started by Small Man Big Horse, June 14, 2023, 10:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

This moment from Shooting Stars never fails to make me laugh.

Poor Brian.

monkfromhavana

Got Birmingham tickets.

"W, double W, full stop, glee club, full stop, C.O.M."

Malcy

Quote from: monkfromhavana on June 16, 2023, 06:19:57 PMGot Birmingham tickets.

"W, double W, full stop, glee club, full stop, C.O.M."

CALL NOW

shoulders

Don't wish to be the only negative voice so far, so perhaps people can win me round.

Is there any material from the last 5 years which isn't Serafinowicz losing the character's mannerisms and voice or referencing the original good material now written a very very long time ago?

shoulders

My disposition towards this character hasn't been helped by whoever does Butterfield social media, as that person doesn't seem to understand why the character was initially funny, doesn't obey any of the internal rules, it's like watching a boomer take remote control over a character.

neveragain

Quote from: shoulders on June 16, 2023, 07:58:34 PMDon't wish to be the only negative voice so far, so perhaps people can win me round.

Is there any material from the last 5 years which isn't Serafinowicz losing the character's mannerisms and voice or referencing the original good material now written a very very long time ago?

Which material are you thinking of in particular that does that?

Malcy

Quote from: shoulders on June 16, 2023, 08:03:15 PMMy disposition towards this character hasn't been helped by whoever does Butterfield social media, as that person doesn't seem to understand why the character was initially funny, doesn't obey any of the internal rules, it's like watching a boomer take remote control over a character.

His social media presence, whoever does it is 100% Butterfield so think maybe you're missing the point.

shoulders

The material on there is deeply unworthy of the character both in tone and quality. But sure, gaslight me.

neveragain

I always got the impression those tweets were Serafinowiczowritten.

Malcy

Quote from: neveragain on June 16, 2023, 09:01:22 PMI always got the impression those tweets were Serafinowiczowritten.

I doubt he'd let anyone less write them.

idunnosomename

I do find the Butterfield-mania quite amazing, but also, hoisin crispy owl is very funny, I admit. Presumably Serafinowicz will be doing some other characters too as "opening acts", although not sure how long the Butterfield makeup takes to apply

Manchester's sold out now, but the venue (part of Chetham's, right next to Victoria Station) is only 480 capacity

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 16, 2023, 10:48:00 PMManchester's sold out now, but the venue (part of Chetham's, right next to Victoria Station) is only 480 capacity

I got excited when I thought it might be in actual Chetham's, but it's a new building. Bah.

idunnosomename

the new building's still a really nice venue though. wonder if they've got another surprise date booked in there

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 16, 2023, 10:48:00 PMPresumably Serafinowicz will be doing some other characters too as "opening acts", although not sure how long the Butterfield makeup takes to apply

It's of course possible but I'd be surprised if he did, for one thing the make up takes hours apparently, and during his recent Elvis show he stayed in character for 99% of it.

Snrub

Is he actually going to be in make up - was the Elvis thing AI? I did think there is a chance he might do something like that with Butterfield as well given all the AI photos on Twitter

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Snrub on June 18, 2023, 08:38:41 AMIs he actually going to be in make up - was the Elvis thing AI? I did think there is a chance he might do something like that with Butterfield as well given all the AI photos on Twitter

The Elvis thing was AI (though clothes and hair wise he'd made an effort to look more like Elvis), but I think fans might riot if he came on stage without the make up and it was another AI show!

IsavedLatin

I would imagine Serafinowicz didn't originate the software that ran the Elvis AI face, but rather it was bought off the shelf (or whatever) -- Elvis, after all, being one of the most famous people ever to live, there's presumably some sort of market for software that makes creating it profitable for the maker and affordable for the customer. You can't say the same for Butterfield.

(But I am completely ignorant of this world and that's all pure guesswork.)

Malcy

I would be more than a bit pissed off if he wasn't in Butterfield make up. I could watch that at home. He'll be in full make up. If not I WILL be asking for a refund and will spend it on some Hoisin Crispy Owl, Cheese & Ham Deltoids and however many Bonbonbonbons can be bought with the change.

idunnosomename

maybe he'll go method and eat all the birthday pie

every time I see a comment about how long the make-up takes, I just picture a surly Caroline Aherne (RIP) sticking a moustache on him in front of a mirror and then him half-heartedly saying a catchphrase into it

Lewman

Have 2 tickets for Bath I'll sell for face value if anyone wants them. Booked in haste and forgot I was going on holiday.

Call now!

comedycomedy

If he develops the character a bit more, adds some layers and broadens him out, I reckon this could be the basis for a successful movie. Peter is a lot cleverer and darker than people give him credit for. I cannot believe he is not a bigger star than he is. Can't wait to see it..

Malcy

Quote from: comedycomedy on June 20, 2023, 08:28:25 PMIf he develops the character a bit more, adds some layers and broadens him out, I reckon this could be the basis for a successful movie. Peter is a lot cleverer and darker than people give him credit for. I cannot believe he is not a bigger star than he is. Can't wait to see it..

He had been developing a movie for a while but it was abandoned.

Oosp

Quote from: Lewman on June 20, 2023, 11:31:32 AMHave 2 tickets for Bath I'll sell for face value if anyone wants them. Booked in haste and forgot I was going on holiday.

Call now!

Tempted! Looking into travel arrangements from Ireland...

Bartholomew J Krishna

He's added dates in Whitley Bay (But claiming it's Newcastle), Sheffield, Bath (2nd night), and Liverpool.
Tickets on sale 10am tomorrow.
Best of luck.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Oosp on June 21, 2023, 01:05:46 AMTempted! Looking into travel arrangements from Ireland...

I'm personally holding out for a Dublin or Belfast date.

JamesTC

Hoping to get Liverpool tickets. Surely he won't sell out straight away?

JamesTC

The website took a while to update. When I got on, the seat I selected failed to reserve thankfully I managed to get another. Front row too.

madhair60

anyone going to the 2nd London show?

Oosp

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on June 21, 2023, 03:30:27 PMI'm personally holding out for a Dublin or Belfast date.

Me too. Please come to Ireland, Brian Butterfield.