Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:57:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wake Up Babe, new shitty Only Fools and Horses merch Just dropped

Started by jenna appleseed, June 21, 2023, 11:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenna appleseed

Creepy bobbleheads anyone?

(No, I don't know why the company mostly flogging Eaglemoss' partworks left over Star Trek spaceships is now doing expensive OFAH tat squiggled by David Jason either)

Oh, Nobody

1000 pieces? Have they got him locked indoors, shackled to a signing table like the latter days of Stan Lee?

idunnosomename

always amusing to see Only Fools tat and various hooky business ventures in the spirit of the show. state of Jason there. what's he signing, a cuttlebone?

Rev+

JamesTC

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Oh, Nobody on June 21, 2023, 11:19:19 PM1000 pieces? Have they got him locked indoors, shackled to a signing table like the latter days of Stan Lee?
Even if he only gets £20 a signature, that's 20 grand for a couple of days work.

jenna appleseed

Creepy Deltm looks like he's holding a butplug.

Looks like it's signed by amgaeon.

fuck it, post

Fambo Number Mive

£125 for Creepy Del, Angry Boycie and Sad Trigger plus signed plaque.

I presume most people will just never open the box and hope the item increases in value. That Del bobblehead is very creepy, I wouldn't want it anywhere near me. 

Video Game Fan 2000

del looks like he's telling you the insurance won't cover it after Haunted Crying Boy Painting trigger has burned your house down

Icehaven

Quote from: Rev+ on June 21, 2023, 11:55:47 PMThe three lead characters, there.

My theory: coming soon, the next box set containing Rodney, Marlene and Mickey Pearce, followed by a third with Uncle Albert, Raquel and that bloke that ran the pub. You want all three Trotters, you have to buy all three sets. Maybe even a fourth for the hardcore fans with Grandad, Cassandra and, I dunno, a chandelier. Probably nicked the idea from Lego as they do this with some franchised kits, you only get minifigures of certain characters with some smaller kits so if you want them all you have to buy MORE.

thr0b

Del and the two most familiar of the dead cast members, to reduce the licensing costs.

Hank_Kingsley

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Mr Banlon on June 22, 2023, 12:05:26 AMEven if he only gets £20 a signature, that's 20 grand for a couple of days work.
If I was David Jason you'd have to pay me a lot more than that for 1000 signatures. He can probably earn £20,000 for an hour's voiceover work.

boki

JamesTC

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 22, 2023, 11:53:10 AMComing soon to your nearest Home Bargains.

Literally where I bought the Del, Rodders and van from.

Fambo Number Mive

In related David Jason news, he's in a new show called David and Jay's Touring Toolshed

https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2023/sir-david-jason-jay-blades-touring-toolshed

QuoteBritish people have always had an appetite for rolling up their sleeves and making, and this heart-warming new series will reveal a lesser-known side to one of TV's best-loved faces, as Sir David Jason teams up with Jay Blades MBE to reveal his life-long passion for creating and fixing things.

In the programme, David and Jay park up their toolshed at the UK's air shows, steam rallies, county fairs and vintage festivals, to meet some of the UK's most talented crafters, makers and tinkerers – as well as people who could use a little help!

grainger

Quote from: Icehaven on June 22, 2023, 11:51:33 AM... Lego ... do this with some franchised kits, you only get minifigures of certain characters with some smaller kits so if you want them all you have to buy MORE.

It's not just the franchised kits. They've been doing it with the standard Lego themes (e.g. Castle) since at least the 90s.

frajer

That briefcase Creepy Del's holding.

You'd really want to know.

But you really wouldn't want to find out.

Fambo Number Mive

Terry Torpid

The Only Fools and Horses Appreciation Society YouTube channel is a treasure trove of useless tat.

Fambo Number Mive

Russ L

I'm just glad that they didn't try to do Denzil.  Really, really glad.

Mr Banlon

grainger

Was it inevitable that they put "lovely jubbly" prominently on the packaging? Yes.

frajer

Lovely Jubbly Bobble Buddies sounds frankly obscene.

So imagine your disappointment when it's just a load of OFAH tat.

Fambo Number Mive

"Nag's Head regular Trigger"

They are all Nag's Head regulars, surely?

hamfist

Commemorative Cassandra's Mis-Carriage Clock

perfect for both retirement gifts and loss of pregnancy gifts