Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:07:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wake Up Babe, new shitty Only Fools and Horses merch Just dropped

Started by jenna appleseed, June 21, 2023, 11:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Just got a Boycie and an Uncle Albert to my collection. £1.99 each.

They had a large golden Del.

Catalogue Trousers

The chant in Saturday morning cinemas was apparently 'Lovely Jubbly, lovely tubs of orange juice...' which was a signal for a hail of the things to be launched at the screen or one's fellow juvenile cineastes. I think that Sullivan was talking shit.

Mr Banlon

JamesTC

I would have bought one of the large golden Del Boys or Rodneys but the customers of Home and Bargain were worshipping and praying to them.

mojo filters

Quote from: JamesTC on June 24, 2023, 04:18:56 PMI would have bought one of the large golden Del Boys or Rodneys but the customers of Home and Bargain were worshipping and praying to them.

Simon & Garfunkel consider rewrite...

Matthew Dawkins Jub Jub

Waiting for the limited edition David Jason-as-Father Ted bobbly jobbly.

Terry Torpid

Quote from: JamesTC on June 24, 2023, 11:52:43 AMIt first appeared in Series 6 (Yuppy Love) and appears many times thereafter.

That's astonishing. I would have sworn it was there from the beginning.

Mandela Effect?

Fambo Number Mive

You can buy a model of Cassandra's red VW Golf for £14.99. No offence to the character, but that's a bit niche for OFAH merch.

kalowski

jenna appleseed

Quote from: jenna appleseed on June 29, 2023, 02:30:14 AMWhy does the BobbleBuddies logo look like Lidl Sherbet Dipdab?

Unconscious association with dip sticks.

boki

The Bumlord

What is a 'chase variant' when it's at home?

Hang on, the complete gold set is on Amazon for a mere 26 pounds!

Russ L

Quote from: The Bumlord on June 30, 2023, 08:20:23 PMWhat is a 'chase variant' when it's at home?

An uncharacteristic scowling expression from Terry Thomas, but maybe it's because he's struggling to get a grip on that glass.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: The Bumlord on June 30, 2023, 08:20:23 PMWhat is a 'chase variant' when it's at home?

Chase variants are limited alternate versions of the main product which usually ship at a rate of one or two per case. The term comes from either comic or toy collecting if I'm not mistaken. I can't remember the origin of the phrase though, or why it's still used. Seems to have evolved beyond its etymology.

dissolute ocelot

frajer

The 'Show Pieces' variant Alan Moore one is pretty boss to be fair.

Fambo Number Mive

Those gold Only Fools and Horses figures look awful. Who buys them?

Senior Baiano

Fambo Number Mive

Did Rodney ever wear a jacket with three studs per pocket? Or whatever they are.

They may as well have carved four turds in the shape of the OFAH characters and encased them in plastic.

Terry Torpid

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 01, 2023, 01:36:09 PMThose gold Only Fools and Horses figures look awful. Who buys them?

I'm baffled too. The standard versions, though still horrible tat, are slightly more appealing.

At least you can tell who it is. I think the gold versions are appealing to the same kind of people who think something being gold makes it more prestigious, like a gold iPod. It doesn't quote ring true with a plastic bobble head.

OFAH isn't the only classic show to get the horrible bobble treatment:

Fambo Number Mive

Is the Corporal Jones bobblehead having a shit?

The ARP warden looks like he's going to punch someone. Maybe he's seen Jones having a shit.

Terry Torpid

I feel sorry for the sculptor. As tacky as the end result is, it must take some skill. You want to be an aritst, but you end up making this rubbish.

"I saw the ARP Warden in the marble, and carved until I set him free."

frajer

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 01, 2023, 07:34:45 PMIs the Corporal Jones bobblehead having a shit?

"I don't like it up me sir, I don't like it up me!"