Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:14:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rick & Morty - Season 7

Started by Led Souptin, September 25, 2023, 05:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoSleep

Was it an oblique reference to spaghettification, which occurs to an object that wanders too close to a black hole?

Led Souptin

New ep is very lore heavy, kinda light on jokes but good enough to cement that this season is a return to form for me.

Spoiler alert
kinda wished they had held off on the resolution to the rick prome storyline a bit longer, or maybe had the omega device reveal in an earlier episode though. Quite a lot of backstory jammed into one episode
[close]

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Led Souptin on November 14, 2023, 08:04:46 AMNew ep is very lore heavy, kinda light on jokes but good enough to cement that this season is a return to form for me.

Spoiler alert
kinda wished they had held off on the resolution to the rick prome storyline a bit longer, or maybe had the omega device reveal in an earlier episode though. Quite a lot of backstory jammed into one episode
[close]

I had the same reaction, and found myself enjoying it without laughing that much.

gotmilk

Ugh, I hate the lore so much. Episodes like this remind me of those tedious parts of Community where versions of the characters from the darkest timeline tried to take over the world with paintball or whatever. Genuinely embarrassing.

selectivememory

I wouldn't say I hate it, but I'm really not into it at all. Couldn't remember much of the backstory to this episode beyond it having been established at some point that there was an evil Morty, and also that Rick was obsessed with killing another Rick.

Eh, it was fine. Still getting enough out of the show to keep watching for now.

madhair60

was another good episode. ballsy of them to just wrap it up (apparently) in one episode

Alberon

Quote from: madhair60 on November 14, 2023, 11:26:11 PMwas another good episode. ballsy of them to just wrap it up (apparently) in one episode

They just made it
Spoiler alert
another step in Evil Morty's story.
[close]

NoSleep

Yeah, it's not over yet.

Biggest laugh for me was Morty clearly mouthing "What the fuck". I don't think I've really noticed before how far lip syncing in animation has progressed, that you can lipread the characters.

wrec

Episode 6 is my favourite of this season so far. Subverts clip show tropes but it's top notch standalone daftness.
Spoiler alert
Highlight: boat scene. "RIP Big Doug!"
[close]

Led Souptin

Yeah that was up there with the best of rick and morty.

Spoiler alert
the gun bit was really silly and i proper laughed
[close]

This season needed to be strong to shake off the roiland situation and for me it's delivering.

NoSleep

What was going on with those burritos in the microwave?

Led Souptin

Really enjoyed the latest episode too. Hard to explain but the vibe seems so much better than the last couple of seasons. Rick kicking a door and hurting his ankle because it's locked is so much funnier than him being overpowered all the time.

Out of them all so far, only the first ep and the unity ep I thought were lacking.

Ant Farm Keyboard

I loved the way they took two years to casually address the Space Jam cameos in last week's episode.

madhair60

they're mentioned in season 6 too

Led Souptin

People on reddit are saying that the numbericons episode is the worst episode ever but they are so unbelievably wrong about that. It's a really fun episode with some really silly jokes in it. Plus Dan harmons ice t impression is really funny to me.

13 schoolyards

I think this time they got the real Ice T - he mentioned being in this episode on social media

NoSleep

The real Ice-T does the cameo of Water-T's dad, I think (certainly sounded more like the real Ice-T, anyway).

wrec

He's in the credits. One of the lesser episodes of the season for me but not bad. I'd expect some fans to be annoyed about the absence of Rick.

NoSleep

Quote from: wrec on December 04, 2023, 04:14:50 PMI'd expect some fans to be annoyed about the absence of Rick.
It was amusing that the assumption would be that the master of maths would be Rick. There's been a reduced amount of Rick and Morty this season generally.

Quote from: wrec on December 04, 2023, 04:14:50 PMHe's in the credits.
As is Dan Harmon, reprising his role as Ice/Water-T. His voice is thinner than Ice's and he can't rap for shit. They cheated in the bit in the studio by using an Ice-T record.

Led Souptin

Keep thinking about the "you should try doing it in 4/4 timing" joke. Really liked that

Ant Farm Keyboard

It worked for me, because it was obviously a one-off, and an excuse to put 20 minutes of math jokes. They had every cliché in the plot, but it wasn't as lame as the incest baby episode, probably their worst one ever. And they conveniently created an entire (formulaic) mythology, which is never to return. If they did a bunch of these every season, it would just be a more profane and nerdy version of Family Guy, but once a season, it can feel fresh and funny.

Rob Schrab also toyed with one of the most ridiculous elements in the scripts for the Transformers movies (I've seen all the Michael Bay ones, to check how bad they could be). There's always a different artefact, which is actually on Earth (or nearby), that is the key in the battle between the good toy trucks and the bad toy trucks.

madhair60

liked it. Not in a hurry to watch again, but it was funny.

JaDanketies

I'm about half-way through it now. When it started I thought it wasn't quite right and didn't like the new voices but now I think it's fine. It's certainly not substantially worse than it was when it started. It's not done a Simpsons.

Shame about the creator obv but I don't understand the energy of 'I don't watch Rick and Morty any more because it's no good."

Also been watching Fionna and Cake

wrec

Quote from: NoSleep on December 04, 2023, 04:46:40 PMAs is Dan Harmon, reprising his role as Ice/Water-T. His voice is thinner than Ice's and he can't rap for shit. They cheated in the bit in the studio by using an Ice-T record.

Yeah, just meant there's no mystery about whether he was involved

BritishHobo

Catching up on this season after finding the first three eps quite a struggle. It really picks up though, doesn't it? The spaghetti, Rick Prime and clip show episodes were all really strong, excited to watch the last couple now.

JaDanketies

Yeah when the premise of the spaghetti one started, I thought "oh jeez Rick, this is going to be so distasteful and edgy that I won't like it," but it was just good wacky fun. Also the sentimental bit got me in the emotions, although I didn't buy that it would've resolved the issue

Led Souptin

Thought the new one was very good. If the finale is decent this could be the best season since 2 (I didn't much care for most of season 3 tbh)

Led Souptin

Finale was good. Didn't make me laugh very much but a fun concept. I dont understand the rick and morty subreddit, who seemed to absolutely love this one.

Really dig this season overall. Going in with very low expectations helped. But looking forward to the next season

Ant Farm Keyboard

Best season in years. The show finally disposed of a lot of lore, and opened a bunch of new possibilities in the process.
The Valhalla episode from last week left me entirely cold, as it tried to stitch a bunch of things that didn't really work together. Like Summer's totally pointless cameo.
The finale was great, as it found a way to give us a glimpse of Rick's (supposed) state of mind without being cloying and to put back Morty at the center of things (he was quite sidelined this season). And Liev Schreiber delivered a killer monologue that managed to take the nihilistic crown away from Rick.