Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:15:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ghosts (Series 5) and Christmas Special

Started by BritishHobo, October 04, 2023, 06:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamiefairlie

Quote from: neveragain on January 03, 2024, 08:32:42 PMExcept Fanny.

No, especially Fanny.

But Thomas most of all, the fucking letchy fucker

Mister Six

I thought not seeing the ghosts when they enter the room was fine. Preferable, even.

Realistically, it was probably just for expediency - it's a two-second shot of Mike and Alice shuffling into the room, why bother getting everyone done up in costume and makeup for just that? - but also, I think it's necessary to the story. This isn't a grand reunion for us (we saw the ghosts one scene ago anyway), it's a farewell.

Which is to say, Alice and Mike aren't the ones saying goodbye to the ghosts, it's us saying goodbye, and this choice in direction is there to emphasise that - these characters are continuing with their (after)lives, and it's no longer any of our business. Everyone is happy, nothing is lost, things will carry on outside our view. I don't think a glimpse of Thomas and co in costume in the room would help that, nor a longer time spent in there showing everyone - the opposite, in fact.

The Mollusk

Mister Six

I know it's daft, but I've mellowed on all the time spent on Mike's friend in that last episode of season 5 now I know that the actor who plays him co-wrote Rye Lane, one of my favourite films from last year.