Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Faces comedy narration innuendo guys

Started by Twilkes, November 07, 2023, 07:17:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twilkes

Does anyone even vaguely remember this - a double act on New Faces of 86 (or thereabouts) who kind of explained why what they were doing was funny as they went on, i.e. calling out their comedy techniques as they were doing them for comedic effect, the only example I remember being that if they said anything vaguely rude they would turn and point to the audience and call "Innu-ennnnn-do!!!".

Don't think I knowingly ever saw them again on TV but wonder if they ever had careers writing for radio or anything like that as they seemed to know what they were doing, even if their act was limited by its form (think they made it through the first round but no further).

BlodwynPig

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: Twilkes on November 07, 2023, 07:17:08 AMDoes anyone even vaguely remember this - a double act on New Faces of 86 (or thereabouts) who kind of explained why what they were doing was funny as they went on, i.e. calling out their comedy techniques as they were doing them for comedic effect, the only example I remember being that if they said anything vaguely rude they would turn and point to the audience and call "Innu-ennnnn-do!!!".

Don't think I knowingly ever saw them again on TV but wonder if they ever had careers writing for radio or anything like that as they seemed to know what they were doing, even if their act was limited by its form (think they made it through the first round but no further).

Sounds a bit like Nick Hancock and Neil Mullarkey. Theres a great clip on YouTube of the two on 3-2-1 of all places, doing a routine about TV themes, around the same time.

Twilkes

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on November 07, 2023, 08:54:54 AMSounds a bit like Nick Hancock and Neil Mullarkey. Theres a great clip on YouTube of the two on 3-2-1 of all places, doing a routine about TV themes, around the same time.

I watched that clip and I don't remember that routine, I'm pretty sure it wasn't them though.

Looking at the list of New Faces finalists from 86-88 I think it could only be Brothers Demented, but can't find a single thing or video clip about them so may never know.

Unless it was on Opportunity Knocks or whatever the other show(s) might have been called.

dissolute ocelot

Brothers Demented seem very obscure, only newspaper reference I could find was them doing panto in Yeovil with Ruth Carr in 1989. No idea who Ruth Carr is.

If it was late 80s it would be right era for Monkhouse Opportunity Knocks (1987–89). No idea what they looked or sounded like?

Twilkes

Like Saturday morning children's TV comedians in adult clothes. One possibly wore glasses, and may have waggled his finger behind his ear to make them go up and down but that's possibly someone else entirely.

Who knows, I was 10 at the time.