Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:20:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Funny names thread for fictional comedy names that are funny

Started by The Mollusk, November 08, 2023, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on November 08, 2023, 05:52:31 PMMrs. B. J. Smegma of 13, The Crescent, Belmont

I love that Python did great addresses as well as great names. The Police Force, "Sunnyview", Yeovil, Somerset.

George White

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on November 08, 2023, 05:47:44 PMBarry Cryer said the original name for Kenny Everett's drag act character was 'Mary Hinge' but the BBC deemed it far too rude, So he went back with 'Cupid Stunt' and the execs passed it as ok.

It's never occurred to me until now. If Cupid Stunt was the name of a drag act character why did they have a boy's name? The new spoonerism was funnier, but Mary Hinge makes more sense.
They were supposedly a cis actress.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Quote from: Steven88 on November 08, 2023, 05:52:03 PMReporters Caramel and Waffle
Gary Cheeseman (aka Sniper's dream)
Mickey the Drink
Neil Overall (Gerry Dungaree's son)
Bill Whittlingham
Good Monson the cat
Billy the Pigeon

All from Bob Mortimer on Would I lie to You?

Or of course, you can be Ronnie Hotdogs

Gulftastic

frajer

Leonard Hatred

Ah extraordinary walnuts has already said this on previous page. It is a corker.

All Surrogate

Brundle-Fly

Keith Drop
Peregrine Trousers
Penvelope and Clancy Moped
Tarquin Fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop-F'tang-F'tang-Olé-Biscuitbarrel
Rod Anglepoise
Dr. Alfred Necessiter
Aldridge Prior
Jeremy Rent
Eccles

Quote from: Rambling Syd RumpoReg Pubes, Reg Pubes
Lend me your great Nog
Rollock me fussett
And griddle me nodes
For I want for to go
To Ganderpoke Bog, with
Len Possett
Tom Screevy
The Reverend Phipps
Peg Leg Loombucket
Solly Levy
Ginger Epstein
Able Seaman Trufitt
Scotch Lil
Messrs Cattermole, Mousehabit, Neapthigh and Trusspot, solicitors and Commissioners for Oaths
Father Thunderghast
Fat Alice
Con Mahoney
Yeti Rosencrantz
Foo Tong Robinson
and Uncle Ted Willis and aalll
and Uncle Ted Willis and all

Twonty Gostelow

Used by a current CaB poster, Whug Baspin is a great Morris one.

FredNurke

Con Mahoney was of course a BBC exec at the time of Round The Horne, so it's another Sydney Lotterby situation (and I think we know who to blame).

kalowski

kalowski

Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr
Dr. Alfred Necessiter
Anne Uumellmahaye

king_tubby

Mr Banlon

Bentpitch

king_tubby

frajer

non capisco

Grytpype-Thynne and Eccles have already been mentioned but also from The Goon Show I love both Fred Nurke and Alfred 'Mate' Cobblers. Pretty much every Goon Show character has a pleasing and perfect name. Jim Spriggs. Major Dennis Bloodnok. Henry Crun. The fact that the real life announcer had the magnificent name of Wallace Greenslade only adds to it.   

Twilkes

I can't find the clip or the place in the transcripts where it happens, so I may have dreamed it, but the reveal in Nighty Night where Jill finds out her victim-fiancé's full name is Glen Bulb, and the look of resigned resignation on her face when she realises she's going to be called Mrs Bulb.

All Surrogate

Sean Ymphs

From Check It Out! with Dr. Steve Brule:

Doug Prishpreed
Terry Bruge-Hiplo

Russ L

In the "simple but very effective" column would be nicknames that The Rubberbandits had for friends they mentioned:

Hen Night
Playdough
Dirty Matthew

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: jobotic on November 08, 2023, 08:59:35 PMPenvelope

This was already a real thing - a wallet for keeping pens in - sold by posh stationers before Toast, unfortunately.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: kalowski on November 08, 2023, 07:56:46 PMLen and Clive Pounds.

I can just imagine serafinowicz and popper going mad thinking that one up

Andy147

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on November 08, 2023, 01:11:09 PMI'm amazed that F&L managed to get Ted Cunterblast past the censors back in the late 80s, and Hugh really leans into that first syllable of the surname too. And in (I think) the first sketch of the first show of the first series. Not bad.

First show of the first series (excluding the one-off episode in 1987), but it was the fifth sketch.