Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:52:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Funny names thread for fictional comedy names that are funny

Started by The Mollusk, November 08, 2023, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobloblaw

Sukie Babswent

Gene Parmesan

Major Major

Guy Incognito

Arnie Pie

Kikini Bamalam

Des Wigwam

Real life examples I've encountered:

Ivor Turtle
Susan Topless
Granville Clutterbuck
Babe Galor(e)

Am also partial to both Bob Balaban and Fred Melamed. Both very pleasing to say

Jittlebags

Some more Carry On ones
Mildred Bumble
Bungdit-Din
Charlie Muggins
W.C. Boggs
Emile Prevert
Captain S. Melly
Josh Fiddler
Bernie Lugg

dissolute ocelot

Jaz Milvain from Ed Reardon's Week (apparently based on someone from New Grub Street)
Pretty much everyone from Spongebob Squarepants (Sandy Cheeks, Gary the snail, even the obvious Mr Krabs)
Amber von Tussle, Prudence Pingleton, and the Turnblads from Hairspray

Old Thrashbarg

Quote from: bobloblaw on November 08, 2023, 10:30:04 PMGene Parmesan

Glorious. But it begs the question, did you feel nominating your own username would be too on-the-nose?

Other favourites from Arrested Development include Tobias Fünke, Barry Zuckerkorn and Larry Middleman.

Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan

BJBMK2

Our report now from Michael Philip Philip Philip Philip Annoyman.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 08, 2023, 06:13:33 PMColin Occupantsofinterplanetarycraft

Ah well if we're doing those, got to have Colin Allstationstoharlowtownbishopsstortford-audleyendandcambridge.  Which was particularly joyous for me as that was my local line, and often my actual train, at the time.

Yussef Dent

Buzz Litebeer
Wolf Spritzer
Coo-Coo Cachoo
Jimmy Rustler
Quasar Kingston

buttgammon

Synthesiser Patel
Computer Jones
Sir Prince Charles

Ted Cunterblast is the all-time favourite, of course.

king_tubby

jobotic

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 09, 2023, 01:36:27 AMAh well if we're doing those, got to have Colin Allstationstoharlowtownbishopsstortford-audleyendandcambridge.  Which was particularly joyous for me as that was my local line, and often my actual train, at the time.

Nice when you get an unexpected local reference. Remember watching Alas Smith & Jones and in one of their chat bits Mel Smith said "where did you read that?" and GRJ replied "the Chatham, Rochester and Gillingham News". Well we just roared.

non capisco

BeardFaceMan

There's a footballer called Stern John, which always made me laugh because it sounds like a friend of Immoral Timothy and Huge Simon.

Two Headed Sex Beast

Fathers...
Todd Unctious
Hiroshima Twinkie
Spodo Komodo
Henry Bigbigging

Soupy Norman

Tread Nevers was just a perfect name for an emo bard in one of the side campaigns of Not Another D&D Podcast.

And from real life, I phoned a Robert Probert once

spaghetamine

Shaxberd

Jeeves and Wooster had a fine selection of ludicrous toffs:

Boko Fittlesworth
Oofy Prosser
Chuffy Chuffnell
Gussie Fink-Nottle
Roderick Spode
Stiffy Byng
Rev. Beefy Bingham
Catsmeat Potter-Purbright
Lord Worplesdon
Chichester Clam

In real life, I think I have mentioned Brenda O'Nions on CaB before.
Bending the rules a bit, I also remember a client who wouldn't provide his actual name so we had to log him on the database using his email - Smoochy Magician. There were discussions over whether "Dear Smoochy" was an appropriate way to start a response letter.

Old Thrashbarg

Always felt like they should've gone with "Homer S. Jimpson" there.

Jittlebags

Some good uns in HHGTTG

Eccentrica Gallumbits
Grunthos the Flatulent
Ford Prefect
Hillman Hunter
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Slartibartfast

Utter Shit

Pretty much all of Mrs. Doyle's guesses are great, but I especially love Father John Hoop, Father Hairycake Lynam and Father Stig Bubblecard.

The Mollusk

Plaap Vlugnet

From the Brass Eye "Crime" episode sketch about legal murder cafes in Holland.

bobloblaw

Quote from: Jittlebags on November 09, 2023, 10:01:29 AMSome good uns in HHGTTG

Eccentrica Gallumbits
Grunthos the Flatulent
Ford Prefect
Hillman Hunter
Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
Slartibartfast

not forgetting Hotblack Desiato. Even if it was nicked from an estate agent.

BeardFaceMan

I remember an episode of Paul F Tompkins Spontaneanation where as they were setting the game up, PFT described a harp glissando effect for when a scene goes back in time. And then when the scene started, one of the comedians introduced himself as "Glissando, Dr. Harp Glissando", which is a great comedy name even without the little back reference.

Shaxberd

The mention of Paul F Tompkins reminded me, through a few leaps of mental association, to Bob Ducca's list of heroes:

I usually find Comedy Bang Bang a bit of a slog but damn those are some great silly names

BeardFaceMan

Key & Peele doing their American Footballer names, I think Cartoons Plural might be my fave.