Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:59:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy tat that isn't OFAH themed

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 12, 2023, 10:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Not sure if I am being a bit harsh here (perhaps you all have this on your shelves at home) but I think this Corporal Jones cuddly toy wearing leather trousers and boots is would count as tat.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155863490265?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=MWqg1qwEQe6&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

You can also get a talking version that says don't panic and four other phrases.

I might be biased as I hate Funko Pops but this Funk Mini Moments of Jerry's apartment in Seinfeld looks a bit shite: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304806447063?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=hpjycq5tsmi&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Apparently you can buy various bits of his apartment each with various figures from Seinfeld: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195141706238?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=kY-TNFTHRqO&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

You can also get Seinfeld Funko Pop figures, including one of Kramer in his underwear. I wonder how well that sells.

Not sure what to think of these Fawlty Towers trading cards: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195141706238?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=kY-TNFTHRqO&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

chocolate teapot

I wouldn't mind the Corporal Jones cuddly toy, it's cute. Yeah I absolutely despise Funko Pop anything, it's so ugly.

dontpaintyourteeth

I remember someone on twitter saying that collecting funko pops is a serial killer trait

Terry Torpid

dissolute ocelot

The Seinfeld apartment is very desolate. You can get the Lego Friends apartments for £160. A lot cheaper than their Titanic or Lord of the Rings stuff. But also much shitter. We've already discussed a lot of Friends merch, chocolate pizza irons, cushions, and all the coffee stuff.

Or incomprehensible 65p How I Met Your Mother keyring.

Icehaven

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 12, 2023, 03:17:39 PMYou can get the Lego Friends apartments for £160.

There's a Lego Seinfeld apartment too complete with TV cameras, which is very meta of them.

I would quite like the George minifigure though.

Icehaven

I was in a secondhand bookshop in Wolverhampton years ago and they had a basket of pinbadges, mostly of bands but inexplicably there was one of Wilfred*, and when I went to buy it they gave it to me for free, as if they were glad I was taking it away.

*2010s sitcom with Elijah Wood about a man who sees his neighbour's dog as a crude pot smoking Australian man wearing a dog costume.

Fambo Number Mive

lauraxsynthesis

Do we count Inside No 9 as comedy? My poshest comedy tat in that case is the Alert Hare sculpture. I move it around the flat from time to time. Apart from this I have chibi stickers of various comedy characters stuck on furniture like I'm still 9 years old or sth. Also have socks with Limmy's face on that I had made when I got some done of my dogs.

Oh, Nobody

Presumably Hicks comes with a swappable Dennis Leary head.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: Terry Torpid on November 12, 2023, 10:59:56 AM

Those are great, although it looks more like Kevin McNally's Mainwaring than Arthur Lowe's.

billyandthecloneasaurus

Maybe it's cus I'm well sleep deprived but that corporal Jones thing really reminds me of this, somehow

Twonty Gostelow

Its eyes follow you round the room to find your level.

Pink Gregory

had quite enough of people denigrating the Seinfeld Lego, frankly

it's ace, it tool us hours to figure out what one of the props was and it was the Festivus Pole

Icehaven

Quote from: Pink Gregory on November 13, 2023, 05:37:49 AMhad quite enough of people denigrating the Seinfeld Lego, frankly

it's ace, it tool us hours to figure out what one of the props was and it was the Festivus Pole

What's the blue wedge thing on the left?

Pink Gregory

Icehaven

Quote from: Pink Gregory on November 13, 2023, 06:40:07 AMbrick separator

Which episode was that in? And that pretzel would make them thirsty alright, to scale it'd be about 2ft wide.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Icehaven on November 13, 2023, 06:40:41 AMWhich episode was that in? And that pretzel would make them thirsty alright, to scale it'd be about 2ft wide.

George wishes aloud that he could buy a similar product to seperate him from his engagement from Susan.  Luckily she dies of envelopes shortly after.

dissolute ocelot

I know everyone disses Funko Pops (and Big Bang Theory) but how can you not want a tiny plastic Mayim Bialik?

Unsurprisingly, Big Bang Theory is one of the most merchandised sitcoms.

Terry Torpid

Oh Funkos are the worst. Half the time you can't tell who they're supposed to be.

Spoiler alert
Newman from Seinfeld
[close]

Spoiler alert
Kramer, supposedly
[close]

Spoiler alert
Mr Burns as a Roman emperor for some reason
[close]

Spoiler alert
Ron Howard
[close]

Terry Torpid

Spoiler alert
Aubrey Plaza
[close]

Spoiler alert
Neil Patrick Harris
[close]

Spoiler alert
Grace from Will and Grace
[close]

Spoiler alert
Matthew Perry RIP
[close]

Utter Shit

The Lego versions of the Friends apartments and the coffee shop are great, with loads of detail.

There's also one of the US Office, but it doesn't really work for me - the handheld camera shooting means the layout of the office has never really imprinted in the same way the Friends locations did, it's recognisable but it isn't "iconic" in the same way.

Icehaven

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 13, 2023, 12:11:32 PMThe Lego versions of the Friends apartments and the coffee shop are great, with loads of detail.

Please tell me the turkey can fit onto their necks.

Sebastian Cobb