Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:57:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedy tat that isn't OFAH themed

Started by Fambo Number Mive, November 12, 2023, 10:20:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Utter Shit on November 13, 2023, 12:11:32 PM

Is that the cat whose owner Rachel was trying to find when she met Paolo? I can't remember any other notable Friends cats, certainly not any that were more prominent than Marcel who should have a figure. Also, who's the seventh Friend in that lot, Janice?

Wezzo

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 13, 2023, 03:19:23 PMI had this back in the day.

Nancy Cartwright delivering "Hey dude! Wake up, and get out of bed!" and "Hey man, aren't you out of bed yet?" is forever imprinted on my brain from this.

The Bumlord

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 13, 2023, 03:19:23 PMI had this back in the day.

I had this one

Among many, many other examples of Simpsons tat that I now slightly regret getting rid of

Terry Torpid

I had a nodding dog style car toy thing, but it's Homer eating a doughnut.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on November 13, 2023, 03:45:49 PMIs that the cat whose owner Rachel was trying to find when she met Paolo? I can't remember any other notable Friends cats, certainly not any that were more prominent than Marcel who should have a figure. Also, who's the seventh Friend in that lot, Janice?
It's Janice.

Not sure about the cat (it's not the evil hairless cat that Rachel got, so it's probably Paolo's fluffy brown cat, as the cat Phoebe's mother was reincarnated as was black and white). And the set features the chick, the duck, and Joey's greyhound sculpture, plus while there's no ugly naked guy, there is a long poking device.

Twonty Gostelow

Quote from: neveragain on November 13, 2023, 04:31:37 PMGood Christ, they're distressing!

Is that Fawlty in the middle or has a Mind Your Language card got in there by mistake?

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on November 13, 2023, 07:38:45 PMIs that Fawlty in the middle or has a Mind Your Language card got in there by mistake?

That's Willie Thorne surely?

dissolute ocelot

Is this the oldest sitcom merch? Amos and Andy playing card from ebay:

The ebay seller appeared to be only selling the 2 of Spades; not sure if that's a racist reference or a coincidence, but I'd guess the former.

Icehaven

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on November 13, 2023, 07:33:45 PMNot sure about the cat (it's not the evil hairless cat that Rachel got, so it's probably Paolo's fluffy brown cat

Yep it's got to be Paolo's, particularly as in the top left picture he's on the left side balcony wall and that's where they found him/he attacked Ross from.

Fambo Number Mive

Years ago I was in a market in Birkenhead and someone had printed out Mrs Browns Boys pictures from the internet, framed them and had them on sale.

Two Headed Sex Beast

I had this too! I remember touching the spiky top of his head was an enjoyable tactile sensation (and also a bit weird since you never really saw it from that angle on the cartoon)

lazyhour

Little Britain was very heavily merchandised at the time. All a criminal offence to possess now, of course.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: lazyhour on November 16, 2023, 05:25:41 PMLittle Britain was very heavily merchandised at the time. All a criminal offence to possess now, of course.

beanheadmcginty

I've been eating my lunchtime sandwiches off one of these bad boys for over a decade now:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155867361968

Surprisingly dishwasher safe.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pink Gregory on November 16, 2023, 05:44:47 PM

lol this has been floating around in my youtube recs for a while

So far haven't managed to bring myself to watch it.

Good Hank

I have a couple of Prince Funko Pops, but they're taken from recognisable Prince eras, like Purple Rain. That Matthew Perry one someone posted earlier is mad - a whole merchandise line taken from a scene which lasted about two minutes and was not in the least bit representative of his character. They might as well have just put a man in a baseball cap, to represent the episode where his hat gets nicked.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 16, 2023, 08:34:40 PMlol this has been floating around in my youtube recs for a while

So far haven't managed to bring myself to watch it.
it really is an impressively offensive climax to the game to have Dayffd Thomas cycling along collecting copies of Gay Times (with informative articles on rimming) while running over rival homosexuals (you can tell the homosexuals apart because they are mincing about)

Catalogue Trousers

Icehaven

Ferris

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on November 13, 2023, 06:03:37 PMI had this one

Among many, many other examples of Simpsons tat that I now slightly regret getting rid of

When my Homer Simpson one packed in, I ended up with one of these bad boys

Glebe

Quote from: Terry Torpid on November 13, 2023, 11:24:22 AM

Spoiler alert
Kramer, supposedly
[close]

Looks more like Del Boy in Florida.

I've bought Funko Pops as presents in the past but I'll never go near them again after all that landfill debacle. Not that they're the old company producing tons of frivolous plastic, mind.

Icehaven

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on November 13, 2023, 06:03:37 PMI had this one

I've got a Homer a bit like that only there's no clock and when you press a button on the base it shouts insults in a voice which I'm reasonably confident isn't Dan Castellaneta, and it's extremely loud. Apparently it's to put on your dashboard to hurl abuse at other drivers, hence the volume. It works fine but Mr. Haven found it in a skip which tells you all you need to know about how annoying it is.
Edit: this is it, the "Homer Simpson Dashboard Driver".