Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:42:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Has Jim Davidson created the worst sketch show ever?

Started by Lewman, November 16, 2023, 10:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shaxberd

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on November 16, 2023, 11:47:48 PMI'm already laughing

It's like the human equivalent of one of those party buffet spreads that's nothing but beige breadcrumbing and pastry

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 17, 2023, 12:53:21 PMWas this recorded 20 years ago? There's no way Freddie Starr and Garry Bushell look like that these days. Bushell was going grey the last time I saw him, and that was (mercifully) ages ago.

The series is comprised on archive material.

Vicky Wright is one of the featured players and she has passed away as well.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: famethrowa on November 17, 2023, 02:54:35 AMI guess I detected the vaguest flicker of comedy writing with the ass crack parade; ok we've got a couple of typical builder's cracks on show, but what's this, the third has some kind of sexy thong on! Oh what a fancy lad!! Lotsa laffs

Also, what's the thing with being a German WW2 soldier and saying "verrry interesting"? Is that from Laugh-in or Hogans Heroes or some prehistoric shit

With class like that, you're a shoo-in for Ustreme and they could do with some fresh material.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: non capisco on November 17, 2023, 07:10:25 AMYeah, "Verrrrry interesting....but stupid" is from Laugh-in.

Yes, as played by Arte Johnson - what came after 'interesting' did vary, though.

Terry Torpid

Why has he censored the word fuck? I thought it's meant to be non-woke comedy, not suitable for snowflakes. He's been cowed by the elf n safety brigade!

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: George White on November 17, 2023, 12:55:29 PMWell, Starr and Jethro definitely don't look like that.
I'd completely forgotten Starr had carked it (I remembered about Jethro, I do love a good rude swear with that accent, apparently). Time for a quick edit so the CaBbers of the future think I'm very slightly less of an idiot!

Kankurette

Bushell looks like he's got a candiru up his pipe.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: non capisco on November 16, 2023, 11:12:00 PMIt's made me have a depressing flashback to watching Bushell On The Box in my bedroom on ITV at dickhead o' clock, emotionally raw from the sudden onset of ferocious teenage insomnia into something like its third night. 

Unlucky mate, my bout of ferocious teenage insomnia seemed to coincide with 4later being a thing so I mostly sat through Vidz and Troma movies in a listless daze.

non capisco

Test Card F or Craig Charles' Funky Bunker? Decisions, decisions.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Ignatius_S on November 17, 2023, 01:13:03 PMThe series is comprised on archive material.

Vicky Wright is one of the featured players and she has passed away as well.
I should have realised that - I assumed that Davidson wouldn't have paid a rights holder, though.

Mr Banlon

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on November 17, 2023, 01:37:13 PMI should have realised that - I assumed that Davidson wouldn't have paid a rights holder, though.

I suspect it's going to be a mixture of Davidson getting the rights at cheap price in the past or has the rights to it to some extent (e.g. if it was made originally for Ustreme)... would love to know the mechanics!

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 17, 2023, 01:57:48 PMDave Lee (back left) is dead as well.

Never mind the curse of Dad's Army, what about Ustreme!!

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Ignatius_S on November 17, 2023, 02:03:24 PMNever mind the curse of Dad's Army, what about Ustreme!!

Jo Guest isn't doing well either.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 17, 2023, 02:35:43 PMJo Guest isn't doing well either.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jo_Guest

QuoteGuest also appeared in an interactive erotic magazine for PC called Interactive Girls. She starred in an erotic PC game called Jo Guest in the Milk Round, released by Interactive Girls Club in 1994.

D E S O

daf

Mr Banlon

Tokyo van Ramming

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 17, 2023, 01:57:48 PMDave Lee (back left) is dead as well.

Alas, Dave Lee. I served him.

When I worked in a Herne Bay record shop! The only MBE card I ever handled. In my memory, the whole thing sparkled.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Terry Torpid on November 17, 2023, 01:23:21 PMWhy has he censored the word fuck? I thought it's meant to be non-woke comedy, not suitable for snowflakes. He's been cowed by the elf n safety brigade!
you cant just put fuck on the internet. youd go to prison surely.

wrec

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 17, 2023, 08:47:11 PMyou cant just put fuck on the internet. youd go to prison surely.

Someone's bird might hear it, leaving him open to a justified lamping.

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on November 17, 2023, 04:48:41 PM
QuoteGuest also appeared in an interactive erotic magazine for PC called Interactive Girls.

Surely all girls, and humans in general are, by their very nature, interactive?

Mr Banlon

Is that Francine Lewis on the bottom left?

"In April 2022 Lewis revealed that she had lost £90,000 after being persuaded to invest it in a stock market scam. During the 22 April edition of the GB News lunchtime discussion programme To the Point in which she discussed her experience with the scammers, Lewis claimed to have recently discovered her husband of 17 years had been having an extramarital affair. Her comments were received positively on social media."

Yep, I think that bunch might be cursed.

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Ignatius_S on November 17, 2023, 02:03:24 PMNever mind the curse of Dad's Army, what about Ustreme!!

Is it the Davro curse, or the Davidson curse?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Mr Banlon on November 18, 2023, 02:12:51 AMIs that Francine Lewis on the bottom left?

"In April 2022 Lewis revealed that she had lost £90,000 after being persuaded to invest it in a stock market scam. During the 22 April edition of the GB News lunchtime discussion programme To the Point in which she discussed her experience with the scammers, Lewis claimed to have recently discovered her husband of 17 years had been having an extramarital affair. Her comments were received positively on social media."

Yep, I think that bunch might be cursed.

What bizarre wording; "Hurray your husband is having an affair! That's great. And you were ripped off! Awesome!" I think it means "received sympathetically"?

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on November 16, 2023, 11:47:48 PMI'm already laughing

looks like something that should be falling out of someone's boxer shorts in an old folks home

frajer

Catalogue Trousers

Love the token black one. 'See, see, we're not racist, aha!'

'So, what's his act, Jim?'

'Oh, makes jokes about his big cock, smoking spliffs and eating people.'

Mr Banlon

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: wrec on November 16, 2023, 11:07:45 PMDig the on-brand ELP-referencing title.

What's the deal with Bushell these days? Seems he should be full-on stop the boats / what is a woman / Meghan-obsessed lunatic by now but I never see him mentioned anywhere.
Not high profile but Bushell is still in work, sadly. He managed to fall out with most of British radio by about 2010 (his face fell out with television long before), so he's mostly writing now. Like every other grifter he's been writing crime novels, and he does a TV column for the Star on Sunday moaning about woke TV execs every week.

His webpage is copyright 2016 and his Wikipedia page is not active beyond the usual housekeeping and bots, although someone recently edited it so it says he's an "English newspaper columnist" not a "UK newspaper columnist".

Catalogue Trousers

Does Bushell remain the only newspaper writer name-checked by Adam And The Ants? 'Yeah, the scruffy sod...'