Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:03:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Here We Go (Series 2)

Started by The Lurker, February 01, 2024, 07:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lurker

First series was unexpectedly great. Nothing revolutionary by any stretch of the imagination but good enough storylines with an excellent cast.

So, with that said, a heads up the new series starts tomorrow - BBC One, 8pm.

neveragain

Really liked the first series but thought the Christmas special was a total waste of time. Hope it was just a blip

Wezzo

Radio Times seems to imply the whole series will be on iPlayer from tomorrow night, not sure whether I'll binge it or try and savour it.

Jerrykeshton

Never saw the first series. Is it always this visually unappealing or is it a plot device for tonight only

Utter Shit

Have they put this out at the wrong time? I'm sure the first series was in a later slot, and this episode has had a lot of swearing for an 8pm start.

Fambo Number Mive

Started watching this, it's much better than I expected it to be. Great cast.

neveragain

Enjoyed this as ever but I'm irritated by the ramped-up Gervaisian aspects of Jim Howick and Tom Basden's performances. They keep falling back on some Brent-ish tics but not delivering them anywhere near as well. It takes me out of it a bit.

SpiderChrist

I tried watching it but Alison Steadman's character reminds me of my Mum at her most irritating, so the whole thing just became stressful.

neveragain

Quote from: SpiderChrist on February 04, 2024, 06:36:49 PMI tried watching it but Alison Steadman's character reminds me of my Mum at her most irritating, so the whole thing just became stressful.

Is your mum Scouse?

SpiderChrist

Tony Tony Tony

Enjoyed the first ep of the new series immensely despite the heavy dose of schmaltz at the end. I even managed a guffaw at the bit
Spoiler alert
where the student Xiaoming presented Rachel with  single bottle of Becks like a waiter displaying a bottle of fine wine
[close]

Bad Ambassador

Spoiler alert
The series of little gags leading up to Paul being mistaken for an senile old man was lovely.

"I'M A FORMER OLYMPIC ARCHER, YOU KNOW!"

Also liked the unspoken bit of Rachel trying to dress "young", but actually looking like she's off to host The Word.
[close]

kalowski

Working my way through S1 at the moment. It's really good. Every character great. The gran is just my bloody gran.
Sidekick Simon!!!

And love how every line comes back at some point.

kalowski

Justin finished S2. Fucking excellent.

Finished s1 the other week. Jim Howick's dad character gets a bit the typical comedy dad treatment where he is smarter or stupider depending on what the episode needs which is a shame since when he gets the room to do stuff it's one of the most loveable/realistic TV dad's i've seen in a while. His interactions with Katherine Parkinson are about the best things in this since they nail a relationship that is just very realistic; two people very much still in love but also having tiny irritations you get with living with people the whole time. The kids are fine; Amy gets used as a plot device allot which can be good or bad even her interactions with her mom are always delightful and Sam is just well the viewers surrogate as the camera person. Robin(and Cherry) and Sue kind of depend really; like them in allot of the episodes but there are times where their also used a bit too much to lay on a gag just a bit too thick even Sue is just like my grandmother which is well a thing i guess.

I do like everyone in the house wearing Paul Archery t-shirts around the house from time to time since it is clear he printed a ton of them in the past and they never sold.

Glebe

Quote from: neveragain on February 04, 2024, 06:17:28 PMEnjoyed this as ever but I'm irritated by the ramped-up Gervaisian aspects of Jim Howick and Tom Basden's performances. They keep falling back on some Brent-ish tics but not delivering them anywhere near as well. It takes me out of it a bit.

I immediately thought of Gervais when I first saw it, bit of Patridge and David Mitchell too.. I've only just discovered it and have only watched a bit of two episodes (including the latest one set on Valentine's Day) I do actually find it pretty funny, mind. "A goal, a headed goal!" and "He's absolutely gorgeous!" from the latest episode made me laugh.

kalowski

"You're bigger than you look."
"No I'm not. I am as big as I look."
"You're dense. Like dark matter."

Really had me laughing. From S1.

Angst in my Pants

Just watched episode 2.3 and lost it at Jim's response to...
Spoiler alert
...the football hitting him right in the nads. Howling in pain, then suddenly looking into the camera with a confused "I need a poo...?"
[close]
Beautiful delivery.

kalowski

"Man U!"
"What?"
"Man on! I mean, Man On!!"