Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,310
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:46:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Has a celebrity ever been rude to you?

Started by TC Raymond, April 05, 2007, 06:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: great_badir on June 10, 2015, 08:50:24 AM
On a similar note, a few people I've known over the years have (independently from each other) met notorious uber-cunt Alan Davies.  Every one of them said he was lovely and basically exactly the same as he is on TV.

Never met him myself.

I saw his stand up a few months ago and left convinced that he was probably deeply unpleasant as he gave off quite a few signals that showed he was nothing like his chummy QI persona. I'm now confused with these mixed messages.

mook

she won't remember, always shanted the fuck up ain't she.

great_badir

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on June 10, 2015, 11:54:11 AM
I'm now confused with these mixed messages.

As am I, cos otherwise all I know about him outside of TV has been the unfavourable stuff reported in the press.

Mind you, I'm not particularly desperate to meet him, and am not really a fan of his standup. 

In other words, I don't really care too much either way.

But it is interesting.  Quite interesting...

SetToStun

Quote from: Nice Relaxing Poo on June 10, 2015, 11:54:11 AM

I saw his stand up a few months ago and left convinced that he was probably deeply unpleasant as he gave off quite a few signals that showed he was nothing like his chummy QI persona. I'm now confused with these mixed messages.

Allow me to settle this for you.

You're welcome.

Paul Calf

Graham Coxon once hit on a close friend I'd gone out to meet in The Good Mixer as a result of what is now known as a booty call. I didn't know who he was until I told him to fuck off.

mook

blimey... closer than i thought. no wonder he went for the lughole.

23 Daves

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 10, 2015, 12:28:24 PM
Graham Coxon once hit on a close friend I'd gone out to meet in The Good Mixer as a result of what is now known as a booty call. I didn't know who he was until I told him to fuck off.

Coxon is interesting in that he has a long line of people willing to either state how wonderful he has or how much of an utter twat he's been to them. The latter response normally seems to be the result of either intoxication (mostly in the 90s rather than the present day) or him reacting very badly to criticism (or both).

He loaned some friends of mine a whole load of expensive musical equipment once as a favour, completely unprompted. On the other hand, I know of others who have been on the wrong end of his temper. Unlike other famous people (and unlike even some of his bandmates) I get the distinct impression he doesn't actually take any pride at all in the moments where he's been a bit of an arse, though, to the extent that I almost feel bad bringing it up on a forum he probably never even looks at. You get the impression he's one of those people who has a lot of "Aaargh! I wish I could forget I did/ said that!" moments while he's trying to drop off to sleep at night. I can kind of relate to that.

shiftwork2

Will Mellor on a Manchester - London train in the late 90s.  I sat opposite him in one of the few table seats in the carriage.  He took one look at me and stood up, gathered his belongings, and stormed off into First Class.  As befits the man who played Jambo off Hollyoaks.  This unfortunate incident came in the midst of a run of celeb sightings on that route.  Peter Tatchell, Glenda Jackson, Mike Rutherford.  All charming.

Serge

Quote from: Serge on June 10, 2015, 03:39:46 PM
According to this he definitely killed a man in Reno.

DISCLAIMER: Alan Davies has never killed a man in Reno.

Not Reno, dummy, Rio![nb]or was that one of Duran Duran?[/nb]

Arsenio Hall tipped off the council about my fraudulent incapacity benefit claim. I could tell it were him by the grin.

23 Daves

Quote from: Captain Poodle Basher on June 06, 2015, 12:28:01 PM
All I can remember is that he was a vacuous non-entity really as he was very distant and would trail off in mid-sentence as he, err well, you know.........

His entourage did everything for him bar wipe his arse and they might have done that as well but I didn't witness it. One of his daughters was the worst for it and took the lead in treating him like a child while saying stuff like "Well, *I* know what Donovan wants to do so talk to me instead of him" to me in a manner akin to devoted followers of a cult leader. It made my skin crawl.

Maybe if the silly sod didn't have so many sycophants around him, he might have known better than to release this as his new single:

https://youtu.be/BXjlgft9URM

I actually had to do some research to reassure myself that wasn't a Shuttleworth-esque parody. It's perfectly possible some people had to do the same thing with "I Love My Shirt", though, as my wife has just pointed out.

NattyDread

Quote from: 23 Daves on June 10, 2015, 10:35:56 PM
Maybe if the silly sod didn't have so many sycophants around him, he might have known better than to release this as his new single:

I actually had to do some research to reassure myself that wasn't a Shuttleworth-esque parody. It's perfectly possible some people had to do the same thing with "I Love My Shirt", though, as my wife has just pointed out.

Oof! Sounds more like a heartfelt Shuttleworth tribute.

I'm sure I heard him claim to have invented Reggae in some documentary. Maybe that tune's an attempt at displaying his rub-a-dub credentials to the disbelievers.

QDRPHNC

I saw Donovan and David Lynch on their TM tour. Lynch was basically the coolest guy in the world, Donovan was the musical equivalent of Alan Partridge, and I say that as someone who quite likes his music.

non capisco

Quote from: 23 Daves on June 10, 2015, 10:35:56 PM

Bloody hell. From 'Atlantis' to....that.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Quote from: 23 Daves on June 10, 2015, 01:12:25 PM
Unlike other famous people (and unlike even some of his bandmates) I get the distinct impression he doesn't actually take any pride at all in the moments where he's been a bit of an arse, though, to the extent that I almost feel bad bringing it up on a forum he probably never even looks at. You get the impression he's one of those people who has a lot of "Aaargh! I wish I could forget I did/ said that!" moments while he's trying to drop off to sleep at night. I can kind of relate to that.

Kind of hope you're right, I've been holding on to the vain hope that there's one member of blur who isn't a twat, and it would be nice to be proven right.