Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:13:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury

Started by Mr Flunchy, April 01, 2004, 08:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Flunchy

Well, tickets go on sale today at 8pm.  Who's going?

After getting bilked out of my tickets last year my resolve has never been stronger, so I'm definately going.

Ticket Info from the site:

QuoteTickets will go on sale at 8 pm on April 1, 2004.

Tickets will cost £112.00 plus £3.00 booking fee and £4.00 postage and packing.

Tickets will only be sold on the telephone ticket line 0870 830 2004 and through the website address – www.aloud.com.

No credit cards can be used, only debit cards. Electron cards will not be accepted.

Postal orders and cheques will be accepted as payment on the telephone ticket line. When you confirm your order you will be given a reference number. Cheques and postal orders, together with the reference number, must be received by Wayahead, the ticket agency, within five working days of the sale. The address of Wayahead is The Hollows, St James' Street, Nottingham NG1 6FJ. Cheques must be made out to "Glastonbury Festival 2004 Ltd".

Sometimes people buy tickets for others. If you order tickets on-line on behalf of a third party, please enter the address of that person/these people on the booking screen. Do not enter your own address. Please make sure have the full addresses and postcode of the people attending the Festival to hand before making your booking. The tickets will be sent direct to the first named on the booking screen.

MonkeyDrummer

I'm going to try and get tickets tonight. I'm at nightclass til 9 though, would it be folly to wait until then before phoning?

Jet Set Willy

Yeah I will be phoning at 8 o clock.

It's a bit stupid that you can onlly get two tickets and have to know the names and addresses of those two people though, kind of takes away any bit of spontaneity that you associate with olden-days glasto.

zozman

Yep, me and mrs zozman are going.  Weren't the Pixies lined up to play?  No sign of them now, although the mighty Moz-God and Kings of Leon look good.  Also seen rumours about James Brown and Prince.  Crappy Oasis, Muse and Paul McCartney are confirmed apparently. hmmm

fanny splendid

Gosh, is Glastonbury still going on? I thought it was finished years ago?

Almost Yearly

Gerroff, last year's was the best I've been to. Sun all the way, class acts - if you ignored pretty much all the headliners - and a feeling that when you returned to your tent everything would still be in it. Peace lives, albeit with the aid of expensive life support apparati.

fanny splendid

1986, what a year.

The Cure, The Psychedelic Furs, and my mother...

MonkeyDrummer

are The Cure not playing this year? I think I head they were.

Almost Yearly

Quote from: "fanny splendid"1986, what a year.

The Cure, The Psychedelic Furs, and my mother...
And my mate's crap girlfriend, who ruined it all for me. These are the things which really make a difference.

king mob

Fucking bastard site has crashed, phone line is engaged solid!!!!

Shite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Flunchy

You'd think aloud.com would be ready for this sort of thing.. apparently not.

I managed to get to the order form, but after hitting submit - nothing.  I don't know if I've got them or not.

king mob

Same thing happened to me, now Aloud is down again & i cant get throught o the number.

12,000 tickets sold from all accounts so far

Mr Flunchy

How does the phone line work?  Do you get put in a queue, or get straight through?

king mob

MonkeyDrummer

this is fuckin' pish. is there any point in going on?

king mob

I've just filled the form out & the fucker has crashed!

this is shite.

Mr Flunchy

What a pleasant way to spend an evening.  A mobile clamped to my head slowly cooking my brain and a broken internet page that won't send my fucking details.

Lord Spong

Now it's telling me my card number is wrong, which is bollocks, and when I put the number in again I get the 'busy' message.  Cunts, is it any wonder people go mental?

Still, I seem to have got a bit further than you lot have...

king mob

http://www.festivals.co.uk/news/040401b.shtml

Theres another number there, its as engaged as the main number but its worth a try.

fanny splendid

Well, I have mine. The girlfriend got two, as well, so that's beer and petrol paid for...

Rats

The suspenders are killing me. Mongolover is sorting out my ticket because he's the one with the debit card. I'm guessing he'll give me a shout if he manages to get through but there's no telling how his mind works.

Mr Flunchy

Well, they just had Michael Eavis on Radio 5 saying there's been lots of problems with the web site and it's best to phone instead.  There's only 60 people apparently and they're selling 100 tickets/minute. Apparently there's loads left though.

60 people?  Glad to see they came prepared.

king mob

Radio one have said that 30,000 tickets are gone so far.

How, i dont fucking know as nobody seems to be getting anywhere.

thisissi

Quote from: "Mr Flunchy"Well, they just had Michael Eavis on Radio 5 saying there's been lots of problems with the web site and it's best to phone instead.  There's only 60 people apparently and they're selling 100 tickets/minute. Apparently there's loads left though.

60 people?  Glad to see they came prepared.

typical IT sales, they said they could cope with 20,000 sales / hour on the web to get the contract, obviously bollocks anyway, and even so this would only work if 100,000 people synchronised themselves to buy at this rate, as opposed to the 100,000 people all trying at the same time.

Lord Spong

This is bullshit.

All this for Paul fucking McCartney...

Macerate and Petrify

Put me down for the "this is bullshit" vote.

Been trying since 8 and havent managed at all on the website, and have only managed to get through past the bt busy thing about 3 times.

ARAHHGAHG

edit: the telephone network is busy at the moment, please try again later, you have not been charged for this call

thisissi

Quote from: "Macerate and Petrify"the telephone network is busy at the moment, please try again later, you have not been charged for this call

I've started twitching every time I hear that...

pretty dead boy

01159 129 129
is meant to be good; a less busy wayahead number.  it's off popbitch and several people have got tickets.  apparently you may have to queue or listen to it ring for ten minutes but it works, and works better from a landline.

good luck.

MonkeyDrummer

i can't believe I waited 4 and half hours and got excited when at last I got, a page saying that the service was busy.