Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:55:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury

Started by Mr Flunchy, April 01, 2004, 08:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macerate and Petrify

i think demand may be slowing a bit, i just got straight through the the official busy message three times in a row!

edit: ... fuck

Lord Spong

"There was an error processing your transaction.

Please go back to the order form and resubmit your details.

You have not been charged for this transaction."

Right...that's it.  Where's the fucking knives..

Macerate and Petrify

Good job making it that far, some of us haven't made it past the first page yet.

Kawaii Five-O

A friend of mine managed to get tickets by calling the international orders number (01159 934170) instead, might be worth you lot trying it too.

falafel

I've got a ticket...but none of my mates have yet!!!!!!!!! Argh!!!
Not going is probably better than going with no mates!

And don't call the international number, that's for people like me who live aborad, you bastards!

gazzyk1ns

Two things:

1. I see the high bid on that joke Ebay auction is now ten million quid. But... the auction starters clearly say that they're not real tickets and there is a clear photo of them... how can the high bidder then say "I'm not paying for those", without at least going through a shitload of hassle and being chucked off Ebay?

2.  £112 x 150,000= £16.8million. Considering they're charging you an additional booking fee so that's covered, and then £4 for them to post you a letter which only costs them 30p and minimal employment bearing in mind the time left for them to do it in... what in the name of dogshit do they spend £16.8 million on? Yeah 2 or 3 of the headline acts might charge the earth for an appearance and account for a couple of million but I assume the average cost of the rest of the artists won't make a significant dent on £16.8 million (i.e. some do it for virtually nothing and then some charge a fairly considerable amount, by the sums of cash us lot are used to). Field hire and security must all add up but it can't be that much. Considering the sort of things you lot get upset about, especially money-making organisations, why aren't you moaning?

See I don't know that much about bidding on Ebay or Glastonbury, I need you lot to fill this hole in my brain up. That 150,000 attendance figure comes from my mate who has been going most years for a decade, so I assume he knows his stuff?

Lord Spong

Quote from: "falafel"And don't call the international number, that's for people like me who live aborad, you bastards!

These bloody foreigners eh?  Coming over here, taking our tickets...

Mr Flunchy

Quote from: "pretty dead boy"01159 129 129
is meant to be good; a less busy wayahead number.  it's off popbitch and several people have got tickets.  apparently you may have to queue or listen to it ring for ten minutes but it works, and works better from a landline.

good luck.

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally got through!  

Don't give up hope people!

king mob

10 times i've filled the form out, 10 fucking times.All i've had is a error message or "sorry try later" message.

falafel

sorry for spelling btw but trying to get mates tickets.

pretty dead boy

Quote2. £112 x 150,000= £16.8million. Considering they're charging you an additional booking fee so that's covered, and then £4 for them to post you a letter which only costs them 30p and minimal employment bearing in mind

they'll send it registered or recorded, which costs three fifty or something.  i don't think they sell anywhere near 150000 tickets do they?  i thought it was 110000, with the festival capacity being 130000 or 140000.

Quotewhat in the name of dogshit do they spend £16.8 million on? Yeah 2 or 3 of the headline acts might charge the earth for an appearance and account for a couple of million but I assume the average cost of the rest of the artists won't make a significant dent on £16.8 million (i.e. some do it for virtually nothing and then some charge a fairly considerable amount, by the sums of cash us lot are used to). Field hire and security must all add up but it can't be that much. Considering the sort of things you lot get upset about, especially money-making organisations, why aren't you moaning?

cos all the money goes to charity?  i think you're underestimating how much it must cost - security, stages, soundsystems - security especially because there's millions of them.  glastonbury's one of the true exceptions to the rules, one of the last good natured, well intentioned, special things going.

gazzyk1ns

Quotecos all the money goes to charity?

Hehe look at my ignorance and laugh... how embarrassing.

But can you answer my Ebay question, eh? That's all that counts.

pretty dead boy

QuoteBut can you answer my Ebay question, eh? That's all that counts.

haha.  no, i'm with you though, i think the seller should be prosecuted and hung.  smiley-smile

Quote from: "gazzyk1ns"1. I see the high bid on that joke Ebay auction is now ten million quid. But... the auction starters clearly say that they're not real tickets and there is a clear photo of them... how can the high bidder then say "I'm not paying for those", without at least going through a shitload of hassle and being chucked off Ebay?

Well, if you look at the high bidder's feedback, you'll see that it's very probably a fake account set up specially for placing outlandishly high bids on things.

gazzyk1ns

I've wasted everybody's time through my own boredom and I apologise.

pretty dead boy

you should be sorry.  the last thing that anyone here wants is for someone to come along and break the monotony of holding plastic against your face and rubbing a hole into their F5 key*.

*forgot about that one, huh, kids

thisissi

its got so its exciting when I get fobbed of  by aloud rather than BT

thisissi

in a queue on the 0115 way ahead no.

falafel

I don't even have a redial on my home phone...

I'm gonna be there all on my own,

thisissi

Quote from: "falafel"I don't even have a redial on my home phone...

I'm gonna be there all on my own,

this made me laugh, or maybe that's just the 6 and a half hours on the sodding phone drinking guiness.

still in the queue

Macerate and Petrify

been in queue for 56 minutes

end this misery, please.

thisissi

This is as bad as getting out of the car park.

Macerate and Petrify

after one hour and twenty two minutes on hold i have success!

good luck to everyone else.

thisissi

me too just, over an hour and a half

falafel

It's been on eof those nights where you go from drunk to hung over without any sleep inbetween. I'm still trying to get a ticket for at least on of my friends. I want to die.

falafel

It's now telling me there are no tickets left but I should try later when and if there are more allocated. I'm confused. Let me get a ticket, or don't. Don't go bloody staggering it like a bunch of twats, prolonging my agony, you bastards.

european son

honestly this is just stupid.

i went to sleep, woke up and have been trying again, sporadically on the phones (as i hate talking on the phone), and repeatedly online (even though i know this apparently doesn't work).

my mate has been trying non-stop on the phones, some of my other mates have got tickets, some haven't.

it's just been poorly organised though. limiting it to one site was stupidity, having no mirrors/extra servers laid on was just penny pinching and infuriating.

and i hate that you can get to a screen where you fill out all your details (three fucking times), then.... nothing!

edit:

[02:35] Radio 1 have just said that 42,000 tickets have been sold, but there's loads still to go, and they'll last till around 8am maybe.... just keep trying..... you know it's worth it!

MonkeyDrummer

this is fucking bullwank. pure bullwank.

What happened to queuing outside a box-office all night? eh? When did this fucking hotline malarky become the way to buy tickets. It's fucking shite, and it's wrong. I've been doing this now for what feels like 10 years. Everytime a big gig comes up, I waste a night on redial.

Bastards.

Lord Spong

When I first went to Glastonbury, about ten years ago, I walked into the local ticket agency, *weeks* after the tickets went on sale.  I paid my fifty quid and walked out with a nice shiny ticket.

Nowadays the tickets are twice the price, it's obviously not as good as it used to be, and there are loads more tickets available.  Yet you have to be the world's luckiest bastard to actually get one in the thirty seconds before they all sell out.  What's going on?  Who are all these wankers trying to buy tickets?  Where did they come from?

Almost Yearly

The clique went mainstream.

Sorry to hear all this, muddites.