Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:50:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury

Started by Mr Flunchy, April 01, 2004, 08:25:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanny splendid

MonkeyDrummer

Cheers European Son you are personally responsible for 3 happy people going to Glastonbury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/b]

smufflebob

thanks guys. i love you

Hax0r Jim Duggen

Haha, in your face!!!!!!!!!!!!!

european son

just got mine and my sister's confirmation email through.... all sorted and lovely.

only problem is my ex... she's debit-cardless and her older sister is at work. much frantic texting is going on as we speak.

Lord Spong

European Son, Fanny Splendid.  Is that link for real?  I've tried it, and booked a ticket, and got the confirmation email, but the paranoid part of me keeps thinking it's a scam.  I guess after hours of trying to get through, I'm shocked at how easy it's been in the end....

The confirmation email is from helpme@seetickets.com.  shouldn't it be from aloud or something?  Is it the same thing?  I hope I'm worrying without reason.

If it  is for real.... well, I'm not gay, but you both deserve a big kiss!

EDIT:  It would appear that Seetickets is another name for Way Ahead, who are in charge of this whole ticket malarkey.  Looks good.  Looks very good.

fanny splendid

If you look carefully, I put all the blame on B3ta...

Hax0r Jim Duggen

Now I've just got to wait for my fucking div mates...

king mob

Wish i'd seen that link before going without sleep all night & being stuck in a fucking queue for 2 hours, still at least i got them :)

TTT

For some reason it didnt show me a confirmation page when ordering, i didnt even know i had booked tickets until i got a confirmation email. What a fucking farce, surely they could afford to run a few decent servers that would actually cope with the load. I was on till 2am trying to get tickets until i recieved a confirmation email.

Joy Nktonga

Emily Eavis was just on the radio and confirmed that there are still 40,000 tickets available, so if any of you haven't got yours yet I guess there's still hope.

european son

i got the link from efestivals, who have actually taken it down (but their site got overloaded shortly after they posted it, so that could be why).....

my ex has got her tickets sorted, as do most of my mates, we are all happy and well!

edit:

the link does appear to have slowed to a stop now.... but keep trying people!

smufflebob

so does anyone know why putting 'freya' instead of 'www' in front of the URL let us all in so easily? I'm an internet spaz and I can't work it out. ;)

TTT

Its probably a different server.

european son

thing is, i've done the up-for-hours ticket thing before, but this was just stupid.

there were reports that from 9pm till about 11am the server just wasn't working, and i can fully believe that. i think they fixed it with the new addy.

meh.

edit:

https://freya.wayahead-secure.co.uk/glastonbury2004/orderform.asp?showcode=110000&pricetype=7&pricetype2=9&pricetype3=10&filler1=glastonbury

the link again, so you don't have to press back to page three.

Jet Set Willy

Huzzah it's worked thanks European Bob!

QuoteThank you for your order

You have ordered:
2 ADULT 17+
for Glastonbury 2004

Your reference number will be emailed to you along with confirmation of your order
Please allow at least 2 hours for this to be delivered.

Break out the champagne!

(I've never been to a festival before, do people drink champagne?)

hencole

Way!. It took me 3 minutes to get tickets for my first glasto. Cheers for the links people.

king mob

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"Huzzah it's worked thanks European Bob!

QuoteThank you for your order

You have ordered:
2 ADULT 17+
for Glastonbury 2004

Your reference number will be emailed to you along with confirmation of your order
Please allow at least 2 hours for this to be delivered.

Break out the champagne!

(I've never been to a festival before, do people drink champagne?)

Only Krug ,none of that cheap muck.

hencole

Actually at the last festival I went to I made a pact with my mate to bring along champagne and glass flutes to the next one I went to.

king mob

Quote from: "hencole"Actually at the last festival I went to I made a pact with my mate to bring along champagne and glass flutes to the next one I went to.

You can join me in a glass of the finest Krug if you bring decent flutes.

Lord Spong

Quote from: "king mob"
Quote from: "hencole"Actually at the last festival I went to I made a pact with my mate to bring along champagne and glass flutes to the next one I went to.

You can join me in a glass of the finest Krug if you bring decent flutes.

You can all join me.  None of my mates have got fucking tickets yet.

but I have, so I don't give a shit.

MonkeyDrummer

I've just realised too that although me, my girlfriend and my mate have all got tickets.......no fucker else has......this 2 per phone call thing splits mates up and ruins friendships.

falafel

And I just got a ticket for my mate. Which means I'm no longer on my own. Wahey. That site is truly a belter - it looks like it works just as badly as the other one, but it came up with the goods with just a little bit of patience. I had to wait about 10 minutes after I clicked on the 'submit' button before it went through - and I was *this* close to just whacking refresh for the umpteenth time and shoving the details in. Coming to think of it, I've probably bought about 50 tickets without knowing it, just because of impatience.

Oh shiiiiit.

But I'm going to Glastonbury! And I've got a friend!

ed: yes, this 2 per call \ names and addresses thing is utterly ridiculous. It means you really can't guarantee that anyone you know is going to get in even if you do - so you could be like I thought I'd be - all alone. You have to know who absolutely wants to go; I hate this lack of maneuvre room. There's always someone who decides to come later, or who can't/no longer wants to go and needs to transfer the ticket. And what about the family tickets - families of 5 or more - do they really want to run the risk of leaving a couple of the kids home alone? Mind you, I hate families.

Jet Set Willy

Yeah gonna start trying for a mate now too. There's 3 of us at it for 1 ticket!

TTT

Just placed 2 seperate orders for my mates, both went through after a couple of attempts on the new link.

MonkeyDrummer

Quote from: "Jet Set Willy"Yeah gonna start trying for a mate now.

I tried that once. DIdn't work. Still lonely.

Jet Set Willy

Quote from: "TTT"Just placed 2 seperate orders for my mates, both went through after a couple of attempts on the new link.

Lucky fella, we've tried at least 15 times now unsuccesfully...

fanny splendid

Gah, young people nowadays.

Go by yourselves, make the whole thing an experience. Always carry a bottle of cider with you. Pretend you're a newly published writer, celebrating his up and coming fame and fortune. Throw your love around. Just as you're about to come, and the muscles in your straining neck force you to look upwards through the open tent window that you hadn't noticed before, smile at your future friends looking at your bouncing bottom, and wish them a happy Glastonbury!

zozman

Git in!  Got mine thanks to that link.  Either that or I've given some criminals my debit card number and they're currently syphoning it dry.....