Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:12:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

what's your poison?

Started by smoker, April 15, 2004, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: "Uncle_Z"ii) Why doesn't [...] burdock kill more people?

He may have been howling mad, but he wasn't a murderer.

Kill me.

Neville Chamberlain

QuoteGreen potatoes contain poisonous glycoalkaloids, such as solanine. Don't eat them. Glycoalkaloid levels of newly released varieties MUST be less than 20 mg per 100 g fresh weight to be considered non-poisonous.

butnut

Quote from: "hencole"I once snapped a mercury themometer in my mouth whilst in a science class, having been told not to do it. The look on the teachers face was priceless. I presume I didn't ingest any, or not a serious amount any way. What is a lethal dose of mercury by the way?

I was at junior school and was drumming on my pencil case with 2 thermometers. As I got more and more into the groove, I started drumming louder and louder. Eventually, the inevitable happened. (Is that the most pointless sentence ever?) Both broke, and mercury went everywhere. Me and my mates then 'cleaned' it up - which involved us playing with the stuff for about an hour. That was probably the best hour that I spent at that school. Our teacher didn't mind - he sat there smoking his pipe.

It was only when I got home, that my parents told me how dangerous it was. I was shit scarred for about a week.

I really love mercury. I could happily spend hours playing with it. A boy is never alone with his liquid metal.

Shame it's so toxic really.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Jim"
QuoteGreen potatoes contain poisonous glycoalkaloids, such as solanine. Don't eat them. Glycoalkaloid levels of newly released varieties MUST be less than 20 mg per 100 g fresh weight to be considered non-poisonous.

Yes, that's green potatoes, not brown potatoes with a bit of sprouting.

Gazeuse

Yes, green ones are bad but are sprouty ones bad too???

SNAP Purple!!!

My Dad used to have a pot of  mercury in the garage which we'd regularly muck about with. That was before they found out it was baaaaaaaad.

Hax0r Jim Duggen

QuoteIt was only when I got home, that my parents told me how dangerous it was. I was shit scarred for about a week.

Shit scarred!

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "Gazeuse"

Yes, but sprouty sprouts are usually green too.

(Christ, I'm turning into Bernard Manning's Y-Fronts here...)

Never use e-mail during a thunderstorm.

Jed Maxwell

What about green crisps? I always like those and partially black ones best.

Purple Tentacle

Quote from: "Gazeuse"

Yes, but sprouty sprouts are usually green too.

Nobody should eat the sprouts themselves, that's insanity, but after you cut the sprouts out, leaving nice white potato underneath, it's fine.

Neville Chamberlain

Quote from: "Jed Maxwell"What about green crisps? I always like those and partially black ones best.

Oh God, Jed, no! Green crisps are the worst offenders and must be avoided at all costs! And the black ones are carcinogenic, so don't eat them either.

MojoJojo

The smell of bacon cooking is from a carcinogen.

Animals are finely tuned chemical sacks - anything which isn't a nutrient or water is probably poisonous to some extent, in the same way that putting anything but petrol in your car will probably screw it up. We just have lots of stuff like kidneys and livers to help us cope with it.

Neville Chamberlain

If you regularly jog while needing to drain your spuds, you are more likely to develop prostate cancer.

Kidney beans are highly toxic if not prepared properly before consumption.

Only eat honey manufactured by bees who have been reared in the same beekeepery since birth. Impure honey manufactured by migrant bees is highly dangerous.

Lady Beany

I am beginning to think that our friend Jim has a general 'Potato Fear'.

http://www.nottingham.org/potatopage/8.html

Sorry, I am in a very immature mood today.

Morrisfan82

Spending your entire life worrying about what food is supposedly killing you gives you ulcers. Fact.

hencole

Potato, potato lets call the whole thing off.

Quote from: "Lady Beany"Sorry, I am in a very immature mood today.

Put on your school uniform, then.

Kidney beans, quite.  You have to wash off all that stuff that they store them in because it can turn you into Jim Davidson or something.  I was delighted when told, because it stinks so bad you wouldn't want to eat them with it on.

If you boil musrooms in water it smells like semen.  Not poisonous, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Neville Chamberlain

Never eat bruised bananas.

Lady Beany

Quote from: "Partridge's Love Child"If you boil musrooms in water it smells like semen.  Not poisonous, but I just thought I'd mention it.

Funnily enough a male mate of mine (Matt) said the same thing to me recently.  He said that when he was living with his ex-flatmate and they were chilling out in said flatmate's room, Matt could always tell when his mate had just had a 'play' because it smelt of boiled mushrooms.

I don't know why I wasted a post like that...

Neville Chamberlain

Drinking water to cool your mouth down after a particularly hot curry will give you mouth ulcers which, in a worst-case scenario, could turn cancerous. Instead, drink milk or a lassi.

butnut

Quote from: "Hax0r Jim Duggen"
QuoteIt was only when I got home, that my parents told me how dangerous it was. I was shit scarred for about a week.

Shit scarred!

:)

Evil Knevil

Erm.. All heavy metals are bastard poisonous. That includes Iron Maiden. Stuff like the insides of batteries, lead flakes etc will quickly turn you into Baldy McMadmad.

Oh and Pork with white lumps in it is extremely dangerous. They're little worm 'bladders'. This probably doesn't matter unless you visit India or something.

The Nile as well. Dangerous fucking river. Full of dangerous shit. Like Blizzera and Typhus. Don't even look at the damn thing.

fanny splendid

Can't you use dandelion leaves in salads? Aren't they a diuretic, which is were the idea you piss yourself if you pick them, comes from?

Crocodiles, watch out for them in the Nile.

untitled_london

i vote for

QuoteBaldy McMadmad

as best name ever .

errrrm - i'm under the impression that e-coli 151 (aka human shit) is poisoinous. On a related note the ruomour that it regularly appears in McDonald's sampling have also proven well founded. (they don't cook it hot enough to kill the strain)

wash your hands folks, and dont eat that shit - it'll kill you.

(yup i read Fast-Food Nation too)

Purple Tentacle

Some pygmy tribes traditionally smear human excrement on arrow heads to poison the blood of their victims.

untitled_london

i think the vietnames used to do similar stuff with spikes they buried in the ground.

very effective & cheap

smoker

well i just had chicken that i cooked last night and kept refrigerated. pretty much every bite had pink bits in it. whoops. if i'm not here on monday or ever again, you'll know why. please rename the site cookd and smokd in my memory. thank you