Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:18:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Bearer of bad news?

Started by MonkeyDrummer, April 16, 2004, 03:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MonkeyDrummer

Jesus, my mate's just had to tell a woman in her 60's that her house is going to be reposessed. She feels pretty bad and is doing everything she can to stop it happening, but in the end had to tell her. I can't quite imagine how I'd feel telling something really shitty.
The worst I had to do was tell my mate he'd failed quite an important Uni exam, felt bad enough. But that's pretty trivial by comparison

smoker

get leslie neilsen round quick then

she won't be out on the streets though will she?

friends and family can look after her stuff, or the citizens advice bureau can sort out temporary housing i'd think

bit of a pisser but sure she'll be okay and get back on her feet eventually. is it partly due to bankruptcy? because i heard they're bringing down the number of years to one that it appears on your credit history

bill hicks

Yeah she'll be alright at her age.

The ones to worry about are Scottish men with beards in their '40s. It's scientifically proven that most homeless people are bearded middle aged Glaswegians. (By me remembering all the homeless people who have asked me for cash).

A large proportion of those seem to move to Portsmouth too for some reason. Being a massive shithole, and freezing because of the gale force winds off the Solent every single night, Portsmouth'd be the last place I'd go to when homeless. Brighton would be nice, but they round up the homeless and hunt them for sport around there.

untitled_london

QuoteBrighton would be nice, but they round up the homeless and hunt them for sport around there

hahaha - it certainly is getting that way round here.
they've gotten more and more aggressive in the past few years. partly because they keep moving them 'on' further & further away from the 'services' they need (ala the wet centres, shooting galleries etc etc)

My cousin is a DS in the CID and may not be able to make it to my stag do due to him investigating a very recent murder and therefore pretty snowed under at work. When I hear things like this I think  "fucking serious job!" and then I start to think about the victims family and then the copper who has to turn up at their door unannounced, perhaps while they are doing something mundane like catching up on last nights eastenders, to break their fucking hearts.

weekender

Quote from: "kenneth trousers"and then the copper who has to turn up at their door unannounced, perhaps while they are doing something mundane like catching up on last nights eastenders, to break their fucking hearts.

Quote from: "A copper"You see that murder scene in Eastenders?  Well, imagine the chalk marks have been drawn around your brother, getting anything yet?

Quote from: "weekender"
Quote from: "kenneth trousers"and then the copper who has to turn up at their door unannounced, perhaps while they are doing something mundane like catching up on last nights eastenders, to break their fucking hearts.

Quote from: "A copper"You see that murder scene in Eastenders?  Well, imagine the chalk marks have been drawn around your brother, getting anything yet?

I'm full of Belgium beer, let me be over emotional will you!  

sob

hic