Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:52:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I'm in a genuine quandry, but it involves DFS adverts.

Started by SophieVhaalbjje, April 17, 2004, 12:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm not sure what to think anymore. A few minutes ago, watching TV as it were (i fall under the group that hates it, but still watches it), I saw an advert i thought was quite classy and it even peaked my interest.

So i ask, have I lost the last ounce of taste i had or have the old ad team been shot?

thomasina

Which one was it?  i can't remember what their ads are like at the moment.  Just because i can't recall seeing a classy one doesn't mean it didn't happen though.

sproggy

I don't know but I hear you can buy now with nothing to pay until next year with 0% interest free credit subject to status.

DFS are the biggest bunch of con artists in the country, who the fuck would normally pay £3k for a sofa?  and how the fuck can a company get away with continually offering 50% off, this weekend only, free glass of sparkling wine, free pouffe chucked-in, buy-now-pay-later.........

Just how gullible are these soft furnishing addicts?

I was hoping it was an "if you've seen it you'd know what i meant" moment. It had Jon Simm as a voice over (not a great point but play along) if that helps.

Quote from: "sproglette"I don't know but I hear you can buy now with nothing to pay until next year with 0% interest free credit subject to status.

DFS are the biggest bunch of con artists in the country, who the fuck would normally pay £3k for a sofa?  and how the fuck can a company get away with continually offering 50% off, this weekend only, free glass of sparkling wine, free pouffe chucked-in, buy-now-pay-later.........

Just how gullible are these soft furnishing addicts?

Getting off topic early on, sorry, but I was out with a friend of mine last Thursday. Now this friend is a manager of a big main dealer garage and he wasn't looking forward into going into work the next day.
The reason?
He had to mark down all the prices of his cars for the Easter 'sale` by hand, with white wash. Made all the more frustrating by the fact that his salesmen had put them up just the day before.
Basically a £7995 motor on Wednesday became a £8995 motor on Thursday and then a £8495 on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday before being put down to its original price of £7995 on Tuesday.
The thing is, if the trading standard people call a car into question he merely points out that it has had a special wax and a better warranty (which he hastily produces) there by increasing its value.
Incidentally, his busiest (outside the new plates) time of the year.

Marcus Or Relius

When I was a wee nipper, I always used to be baffled by the way DFS would insist that their sale MUST end that weekend. I had the idea that there were some sort of sale-police going around checking sales and saying "Hmmm...this one has to end this weekend. If I see any sofas with 0% interest free credit I'll arrest you all you wicked, cheap-sofa selling fiends." The fact that the sale that "must end this weekend" from 1982 is still going on adds to my confusion, which is only eclipsed by my apathy, disgust, despair and general desire to set fire to things, partly, but not wholly, a result of DFS adverts.

NobodyGetsOutAlive

Rats

DFS ads are class, can you remember that bloke who was on that spoof regional news show going "sale must end tommorow" and then the same ad would be shown the next day. Why do people dance around sofas in bright coloured clothes singing "just what I always wanted"? It's a sofa missus. and then that funky one "sit down on it", jesus, they're awfull. Do husbands get sucked off if they buy a new sofa? There's a lot of upholstery stroking and barefoot contentment going on. I'd get a cat if it was going to cost me three grand.

thomasina

Quote from: "Marcus Or Relius"...The fact that the sale that "must end this weekend" from 1982 is still going on adds to my confusion...

No, no, thats a TOTALLY different sale.  Thats the sale that only started on Monday.  The last one ended on sunday, see?

mr rou-rou

hello sophie old girl, nice to see are still alive and well and watching furniture ads (psst it's me splattermac, coey)

was it this ad? DFS repost

Doctor Stamen

Wasn't the one with the conga was it?  That makes me quite riled.

As Rats says, they should bring back the bloke off 'Focus North' and make some cheesy adverts again.  I don't want to see or hear a bunch of cunts doing a conga when i've got a hangover thanks very much.

ello there splatter.. glad to know some of us are left after the great cleansing. ;)

"Wasn't the one with the conga was it? That makes me quite riled."
Umm im sure that comment was in good faith, but the only reason I can watch that is because in my mind, they conga around the corner into a death camp. I would have taken less offense at someone burning my house down.

As some of you may know, one thing that really makes me fucking mad is shit adverts. I mean the ones that make you actively mute or change channel. I could reel them off for hours, but every advert the DFS ad crew put out made me seriously think about how much money changed hands over such a steaming pile of mind rot.

Don't read me wrong, the newest advert (it has Jon Simm as a voiceover) is nowhere near as good as the adverts Mr rou-rou could put out.. but it made me realise that not all is wrong with the world. So either the original Ad crew have either had their families threatened or been kicked out on their shitstorming arses. Either way I win, therefore i was so happy i decided to make my first thread on the post-cleansed board.

Oh and I know i should take this to Website whines, but i've never been a big fan of  "VW Classic" ... what happened to the good themes?

Krang

In the conga line advert, there was one man dancing who made me laugh every time i saw it.

My favourite advert at the moment is the nike advert with Brazil/Portugal, ive always been a fan of those ad's (except  the one with the fucking honey monster)

Who is the man from the Safestyle Windows advert?
Who in their right mind would buy windows from Safestyle after seeing the advert.

Call 0800 107 107 NOOOWWWWWWW

5 Knuckle Shuffle

Quote from: "Marcus Or Relius"When I was a wee nipper, I always used to be baffled by the way DFS would insist that their sale MUST end that weekend. I had the idea that there were some sort of sale-police going around checking sales and saying "Hmmm...this one has to end this weekend. If I see any sofas with 0% interest free credit I'll arrest you all you wicked, cheap-sofa selling fiends." The fact that the sale that "must end this weekend" from 1982 is still going on adds to my confusion, which is only eclipsed by my apathy, disgust, despair and general desire to set fire to things, partly, but not wholly, a result of DFS adverts.

When hearing The last of the summer wine being advertised (before It's a knockout), I used to think even as a little kid, "Thank fuck for that. I thought it'd never end."

Rats

QuoteWho is the man from the Safestyle Windows advert?
Who in their right mind would buy windows from Safestyle after seeing the advert

You buy one, you get one free, i say, you buy one, you get one free!

That was brilliant

the other day, the ronseal advert was on and it goes "does exactly what it sez on the tin" and mangoliver said "yeah, it's just a tin with a seal called ron in it that comes out and paints your fence"

I thought that was hillarious for some reason.

Morrisfan82

Quote from: "Krang"My favourite advert at the moment is the nike advert with Brazil/Portugal
"Papa loves man goo..."  :D

The "man" from the windows ad is not speaking in English.

joFFeman

Quote from: "Rats"Do husbands get sucked off if they buy a new sofa?

well, is it leather?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: "Rats"the other day, the ronseal advert was on and it goes "does exactly what it sez on the tin" and mangoliver said "yeah, it's just a tin with a seal called ron in it that comes out and paints your fence"

Fffffffffhahaaa!!!!