Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:29:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I wanna buy an MP3 player

Started by The Plaque Goblin, April 18, 2004, 01:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Plaque Goblin

Please help, I'm too stupid and lazy to look beyond the obvious places.

I don't care about the size of the memory iPods can have, they're too expensive. A 256Mb one for around £100 seems reasonable, I suppose, but which one?

Creative Labs Rhomba 256MB MP3/WMA Player -£99.99
Creative Labs Nomad MuVo NX 256MB MP3 Player -£116.99
PACKARD BELL AUDIOKEY -£119.99

no_offenc

I've got a 128mb Muvo NX, and it's damn good for the price and size - diddy as fuck, good sound quality, easy to transfer files about etc.

Recommended, although I won mine cos I bought a bottle of coke.  Still, I'd buy one....

gazzyk1ns

My mate has the same thing... and also completely agrees with you, he loves it. I think they look really good too.

TraceyQ

Have you tried on bumbum? You can get a 256mb thingy for about £60.

I'm still holding out on you lot buying me an i-pod for my birthday next Sunday.

glitch

Try //www.advancedmp3players.co.uk - pretty wide selection with good prices.

I'm tempted to buy one or saw which doubles as a Bluetooth headset for your phone...

Mr Flunchy

Don't bother getting a 256meg one, for about £20-30 quid more you should be able to pick up at least a 4-6gig mp3 player.  Believe me, having the extra space is worth it.

The Plaque Goblin

On reflection, a 10-20Gb one for around £200 would be better.

A Gb is much much bigger than a Mg isn't it?

EDIT: How about this?

Creative Labs Jukebox 3 20Gb MP3 Player with Free Remote Control/FM Tuner -£150

TraceyQ

Quote from: "The Plaque Goblin"

Shall I start laughing first or does someone else want to?

<sorry>

monkhouse terror

Gigabyte=1000 megabytes so yes, it is considerably.

If you are going to get a 10-20gb one buy an iRiver iHP-120. They're around £50 cheaper than the equivalent iPod, they've got much twice as much battery life and lots of other lovely things going for them. They are about £245 on amazon though, so if you're planning on spending only around £200 I'd go for the equivalent creative zen model, which are still rather lovely.

But If you've got the cash get an iRiver, I've got one (that's reason enough surely?) and it's bloody marvellous, and iPods are for ponces. Silly ponces who only listen to toploader.

Quote from: "TraceyQ"
Quote from: "The Plaque Goblin"

Shall I start laughing first or does someone else want to?

What the hell is a gigawatt?!!

The Plaque Goblin

I knew it was something like that.

Right now I'm looking at these babies on eBum

They should be just over £300, right?

Pinball

Tokyo Sexwhale

I've got a Creative Zen NX 30GB which I bought for just over £200 at the end of last year.  I haven't had cause to regret it.  However, they don't sell them anymore because they've been replaced by this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0000UXH64/ref=sr_aps_electronics_1_2/202-3261746-3815015

Although you'll have a job filling 60GB.

Having said that, if I were looking now I'd be tempted by the iriver - the FM radio and a remote are what I'm lacking with the ZEn.

The Plaque Goblin

I just ordered one of those 30gb ones for £180 on eBah from someplace in America. Let's hope it turns up!

Capuchin

I want to buy a portable CD player that plays CD-Rs and CD-RWs with MP3s on them.
Because I want to play CDs I already have as well as ones with MP3s on them.

Any suggestions? I've seen them in Argos for around £50 and up, but I'm sure there's ways of getting my hands on cheaper/better things.

glitch

I bought a Napa MP3-CD player about 18 months ago now from a French website for £50. I'm still seeing it advertised for £80-120 around Tottenham Court Road. It's not too bad and there's a newer version out now too. Only problem is it's a huge clunky thing.

european son

ummm.... anyone know if there's an mp3 player on the market which is solid state, ok quality and about 512mb-1gb, that will actually work for a couple of years at least?