Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:18:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Up The Arse Corner (CaB Edition)

Started by 303, July 18, 2012, 08:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Quote from: gilbertharding on March 08, 2022, 11:21:21 AMNot just that - look at his legs: It looks like his knees are bent, so his feet are behind him - but that's right where Jesus's legs should be. So that isn't foreshortening at all - in fact his shins are half the length they ought to be and so are his feet. No wonder he needs help standing up.

Jesus also seems to have a slight Beadle hand situation going on.

Rizla

"Here's some 'GB News' for ye, Fido - GB stands for Get Bummed"

Brian Freeze

Quote from: Blumf on March 08, 2022, 12:20:30 AMNot just me seeing Scott Bakula then. Thank fuck for that.

What is going on in that picture anyway? Bakula has a mallet and a big nail, so has he been nailing that Jesus fella to the cross? But he's in modern day clothing, not dressed up as a Roman centurion, so he's been up to something else? (whilst not monitoring his blood sugar levels) He's not near anything you'd be hammering in a nail.

I thought he might be a stone mason and it's a chisel not a nail. After that its a bit unclear.

Its HeadGardeners responsibility to furnish more info really isnt it?

Art Bear

Glebe

Quote from: Rizla on March 09, 2022, 12:04:35 AM"Here's some 'GB News' for ye, Fido - GB stands for Get Bummed"

Laughing.

Blumf

Quote from: Rizla on March 09, 2022, 12:04:35 AM

The look on both of them, the spark has gone out of the marriage.

TheGingerAlien

^ high octane nightmare fuel there from Mr. F!  Amazing work, as ever.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Blumf on March 08, 2022, 12:20:30 AMNot just me seeing Scott Bakula then. Thank fuck for that.

What is going on in that picture anyway? Bakula has a mallet and a big nail, so has he been nailing that Jesus fella to the cross? But he's in modern day clothing, not dressed up as a Roman centurion, so he's been up to something else? (whilst not monitoring his blood sugar levels) He's not near anything you'd be hammering in a nail.

Curious so I looked it up.

QuoteThe scene of "Forgiven" is Mt. Calvary. A despairing man has a mallet in one hand and a large spike in the other. Both symbolize that each of us is responsible for Christ's death on the cross. Jesus Christ is holding up this broken man; at Christ's feet are broken chains, representing the sin that was overcome at Calvary. There is a trace of blood on Christ's hands, and in the place where the blood has fallen, lilies have grown.

So there you go. It's quite a popular bit of american religious kitsch it seems from big prints to xmas decorations, even though it really does seem like he ran out of space at the bottom of canvas for Christ's legs so His proportions are like Cotton Hill. Thomas Blackshear II b.1955.

Blumf

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 09, 2022, 06:52:22 PMsymbolize that each of us is responsible for Christ's death on the cross.

Eh? I thought we were absolved of all that because of the crucifixion. But this seems to suggest Christ got nailed up just to make us all guilty, like some passive aggressive mother.

idunnosomename

He died for OUR sins matey. if you didn't sin He wouldn't have to pick you up and hobble you over the line with his little legs

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: TheGingerAlien on March 09, 2022, 05:45:19 PM

This doesn't count because the dirty beggars are probably actually doing it in that photo.

TheGingerAlien

Glebe

Columbo there on the right chatting up some bird ("Ah, just one question...").

Mr_Simnock

Glebe

TheGingerAlien

TheGingerAlien

TheGingerAlien

Glebe

Glebe

TheGingerAlien

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Rizla on March 09, 2022, 12:04:35 AM"Here's some 'GB News' for ye, Fido - GB stands for Get Bummed"

Can someone please shop Joe Wilkinson and Kev from derek sat next to Oliver. Hes literally an amalgamation of both. 

TheGingerAlien

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on March 14, 2022, 08:29:23 PMCan someone please shop Joe Wilkinson and Kev from derek sat next to Oliver. Hes literally an amalgamation of both. 

almost, not quite

Glebe