Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:00:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Motorsport Thread (Part 2)

Started by Ambient Sheep, November 12, 2014, 03:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Yes, needed his mojo back and that's an upgrade for Alfa too, from the ancient Raikkonen. First few races where Merc weren't any quicker than them were pretty funny in that respect.

Wonderful Butternut

Making a shitshow of the Monaco GP start here.

Masi died for nothing.

Alberon

They've not even sent out the safety car yet. What a fuckup.

Wonderful Butternut

The Conspiracy Theorist in me says Liberty Media are intentionally making a fuck of this so they can ditch Monaco from the calendar and get another dictatorship with no F1 history in instead.

At least they can't run a few SC laps and pretend they had a race like in Belgium last year.

Alberon

Wow, that's one knackered car.

Blumf

Just watching Nitro RX on FreeSport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitro_Rallycross

Short races, little over 3 mins, with a single make electric car. Overall a much more engaging series than Extreme E.

Only real downside is the start lights spell out "NITRO" before flipping to "SEND IT".

No, I haven't any idea what you're supposed to send.

hamfist

Quote from: Blumf on June 21, 2022, 08:15:53 PMJust watching Nitro RX on FreeSport
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitro_Rallycross

Short races, little over 3 mins, with a single make electric car. Overall a much more engaging series than Extreme E.

Only real downside is the start lights spell out "NITRO" before flipping to "SEND IT".

No, I haven't any idea what you're supposed to send.

it's dick pics I think

Blumf

Blumf

Goodwood this weekend had a new record on the hill climb with the McMurtry Speirling electric fan car

Bonkers mini-Batmobile needs to be seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JYp9eGC3Cc

Wonderful Butternut

Nice to see Nelson Piquet is still some sort of cunt.

Alberon

Talking of cunts.

QuoteFormer Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has said he would "take a bullet" for Russian President Vladimir Putin and described him as "a first-class person".

Mr Ecclestone was asked on ITV's Good Morning Britain if he still regards Mr Putin as a friend and he replied: "I'd still take a bullet for him. I'd rather it didn't hurt, but if it does I'd still take a bullet, because he's a first-class person."

"What he's doing is something that he believed was the right thing he was doing for Russia."

"Unfortunately, he's like a lot of business people, certainly like me, we make mistakes from time to time. When you've made the mistake, you have to do the best you can to get out of it."

"I think if it had been conducted properly, I mean the other person in Ukraine, I mean, his profession, I understand, he used to be a comedian."

"I think he seems as if he wants to continue that profession, because I think if he'd have thought about things, he would have definitely made a big enough effort to speak to Mr Putin, who is a sensible person and would have listened to him and could have probably done something about it."

Mr Ecclestone added the war in Ukraine was not "intentional", saying: "And I'm quite sure Ukraine, if they'd wanted to get out of it properly, could have done."

Asked if he has had a chance to speak to Russian President Vladimir Putin about "what a mess" the situation is or urged him to rethink what he is doing, Mr Ecclestone told Good Morning Britain: "No. He's probably thought about that himself. He probably doesn't need reminding.

"I'm absolutely sure he now wishes he hadn't started this whole business, but didn't start as a war."

Never thought I'd feel better about the velociraptors in suits currently running F1, but this does it.

I always chuckle when people pine for the days of Bernie. "Oh, he just got things done, nobody dared oppose him" they say, as if the 2005 Indy GP wasn't a thing that actually happened.

Bently Sheds

Has he got a book out, or a divorce that needs paying for?

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: Alberon on June 30, 2022, 09:53:32 AMNever thought I'd feel better about the velociraptors in suits currently running F1, but this does it.

Well previous F1 administrations did have some *awkward* implications when it comes to Nazis. So I unfortunately am not surprised by Bernie's utterances here.

Jasha

Quote from: Blumf on June 26, 2022, 09:41:22 PMGoodwood this weekend had a new record on the hill climb with the McMurtry Speirling electric fan car

Bonkers mini-Batmobile needs to be seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JYp9eGC3Cc

That was in a world of its own but the  Ford van and hydrogen Le Man's thing we're just as mental in their own way

Wonderful Butternut

Halo preventing two de-craniations in one day.

Blumf

Curious mix of great and dumb driving, sometimes at the same time.

As for the Zhou crash, slipping over the barriers seems like the worst part of it. Seeing some of the pictures of him tucked in behind the tyre wall, not good.

EDIT: Oh gawd, it's Nadine Dorris!

WhoMe

After the late safety car restart when you had the top 4 all fighting each other, David Croft humping the commentary table in an ecstatic frenzy, the camera panned out and fucking Alonso was there as well and I just burst out laughing. The action in this race was truly absurd. Some of the races are so shit and then you get something like that. Just host it at Silverstone all the time.

Blumf

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/62119689
QuoteFormer Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone will be charged with fraud by false representation following an investigation into overseas assets believed to be worth more than £400m.

The 91-year-old spent 40 years as the head of F1 before being removed as its chief executive officer in 2017.

The Crown Prosecution Service said the charge follows an investigation by HMRC.
The CPS said the charge of fraud is "in respect of his failure to declare to HMRC the existence of assets held overseas believed to be worth in excess of £400m".

Alberon

Blumf

It's completely out of character, I'll say that.

Bently Sheds

Such an upstanding fellow. I hope he sees for this horrendous slight on his impeccable character.

(Also loving the complete throbbers on Twitter who reckon it's just the Deep State getting its revenge on him for being such a vocal Putin supporter)

shoulders

After Platini and Blatter slipped their charges I'm not holding out much hope.

shoulders

Leclerc and Ferrari taking it in turns to fuck each other over.

Alberon

I've become convinced the Ferrari strategy department is being run by Red Bull.

Ferrari started out by scrapping for first team position with Red Bull, now they're fighting Mercedes for second.

Wonderful Butternut

They're turning into a parody of themselves at this point.

Blumf

Why is it always like this? One team nails it, whilst the rest fuck around like dickheads, pissing away any chance they have.

Wonderful Butternut

Alonso to Aston Martin then...

That's a thing that happened, I guess.

Blumf

https://twitter.com/AlpineF1Team/status/1554500248432680960
QuoteBWT Alpine F1 Team @AlpineF1Team

2023 driver line-up confirmed: Esteban Ocon 🤝 Oscar Piastri

After four years as part of the Renault and Alpine family, Reserve Driver Oscar Piastri is promoted to a race seat alongside Esteban Ocon starting from 2023.

5:11 pm · 2 Aug 2022

https://twitter.com/OscarPiastri/status/1554527452231262210
QuoteOscar Piastri @OscarPiastri

I understand that, without my agreement, Alpine F1 have put out a press release late this afternoon that I am driving for them next year. This is wrong and I have not signed a contract with Alpine for 2023. I will not be driving for Alpine next year.

7:00 pm · 2 Aug 2022

Whoopse!

aunt mildred

Probably already signed for McClaren then.