Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,472
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:19:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jurassic World: Dominion

Started by Thomas, February 26, 2020, 11:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: machotrouts on February 27, 2020, 08:23:00 PM
Has there ever been a more generic and forgettable big blockbuster title than "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom"?
As far as Title : Subtitle names go, I'd say it's probably the least generic I've heard. Title: Evolution is far more hackneyed.

timebug

Liked he first one,but then they should have been honest and called the rest 'Carry On Dinosaurs....'

dissolute ocelot

Fuck apparently there are five Carnosaur movies, if you count two which didn't use the official Carnosaur name (a privileged designation for only the best cheapo dinosploitation) but both used loads of footage from the earlier movies. I guess Jurassic Park/World feels obliged to exceed that total and regain the "most dinosaur films in a franchise (excluding Godzilla who isn't a dinosaur)" crown.

idunnosomename

Godzilla was a dinosaur. Sorry is that deadnaming a proud kaiju

Custard

I quite liked Jurassic World, but never bothered with the last one

I liked when their innocent babysitter got ripped up and eaten. That was nice wasn't it

Replies From View

Must admit that I haven't seen Fallen Kingdom.

Thanks guys it was good to finally get it off my chest

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blumf on February 26, 2020, 12:17:50 PM
I didn't even like the first Jurassic Park film.

I havent seen any of the films

Sin Agog

It's hard to take dinosaurs as a serious threat now that we've found out that they're a bunch of mimsy feathery popinjays.

bgmnts

Quote from: Sin Agog on March 07, 2020, 01:06:33 PM
It's hard to take dinosaurs as a serious threat now that we've found out that they're a bunch of mimsy feathery popinjays.

They'd still probably rip you to shreds though.

Mister Six

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Sin Agog on March 07, 2020, 01:06:33 PM
A scary film about birds? It'll never work.

idunnosomename

Um excuse me have you heard of HITCHCOCK?!?!?

the stuffed eagle in norman bates living room is quite scary

dissolute ocelot

Just found this excellent Wikipedia page. Apparently there are no movies about killer ostriches though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_natural_horror_films

Inspector Norse

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 16, 2020, 10:26:34 AM
Just found this excellent Wikipedia page. Apparently there are no movies about killer ostriches though.

SHARKSTRICH VS EMUGATOR coming soon to SyFy

Keebleman

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 16, 2020, 10:26:34 AM
Apparently there are no movies about killer ostriches though.

I remember a film called Island of the Lost which had killer ostriches.  They were mutant or possibly prehistoric ostriches, but even so ostrichness was their predominant characteristic.

Glebe

Was there a classic sequence where they run to the Chariots of Fire theme?

Replies From View

Quote from: bgmnts on March 07, 2020, 01:09:39 PM
They'd still probably rip you to shreds though.

Could say the same about any feather-stuffed pillowcase.

Replies From View

Quote from: Inspector Norse on March 16, 2020, 10:42:57 AM
SHARKSTRICH VS EMUGATOR coming soon to SyFy

Sick of all these Rod Hull biopics.

up_the_hampipe

They have released the first 5 minutes of the movie: https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld/status/1463175339383955460

Don't like it. Can't wait to see it.

Glebe

Noodle Lizard

Didn't the last one have frickin' velociraptors with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads? Hard to know where you go from there.

mothman

Was expecting the two T Rexes to start being subtitled there. Really did look like they were talking. Wonder whether they'll get all metaphysical in that the cloned dinosaur can "remember" its previous life or some shit like that.

I'm really surprised they haven't done a plot where an unknown bipedal mammalian intelligent lizard (like in that Star Trek Voyager episode) gets cloned and obviously the military try to turn them into enslaved supersoldiers with hilarious consequences...

idunnosomename

The tyrannosaurus has very fine feathers in the completely pointless prologue. The drive-in theatre is just stupid. Does it establish anything important to the plot like the worker accident with the intelligent velociraptor? No it's literally just T rex go rar knock over cars and here are some references to things you know. Fucking awful

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: mothman on November 23, 2021, 06:36:06 PMWas expecting the two T Rexes to start being subtitled there. Really did look like they were talking. Wonder whether they'll get all metaphysical in that the cloned dinosaur can "remember" its previous life or some shit like that.

It certainly seems like that's what they're going for. "65 million years later ... IT ALL ENDS."

It was a peculiarly crap fight between them, too.

Exposition

This is gonna be so fucking stupid and fun, both intentionally and accidentally.

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on November 23, 2021, 06:49:07 PMThe tyrannosaurus has very fine feathers in the completely pointless prologue. The drive-in theatre is just stupid. Does it establish anything important to the plot like the worker accident with the intelligent velociraptor? No it's literally just T rex go rar knock over cars and here are some references to things you know. Fucking awful

Good compression format though

Poobum

That giggy is fucking ugly, like its been designed after a horrible 1980s toy dino. Liked the Quetzalcoatlus, and the Nasutoceratops, but that's only because I'm a nerd with models of both of those.

Noodle Lizard

I wonder if they'll do a sort of Godfather Pt. 2 deal, where the modern-day story is intercut with flashbacks to the (prehistoric) origin story in a way which contextualizes the present.

T-Rex: Beginnings.

Kelvin

The film will be awful, but I did think it was kind of cool to see a big budget depiction of day to day dino life without humans yapping all over it. I'd watch a whole film like that, tbh. 

Also, I know this is stupid, but it seemed kind of insulting to have
Spoiler alert
the most famous T-Rex in cinema meet it's (original) demise in such a pitiful way.
[close]
Makes it feel like we've been backing a right loser all this time.