Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:20:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

FUCKDOWN, U.S.A.

Started by Abnormal Palm, April 19, 2020, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Would love to ask the Pope if he'd drink the piss of Christ.

Mister Six

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on September 01, 2021, 01:25:08 AM
I'm not advocating it but it's funny that whilst doctors can prescribe it for genuine infestations of worms, they refuse to prescribe it for something entirely unrelated without any peer reviewed evidence to support using it

Not "funny", completely reasonable. Why deplete stocks of a medicine used for purpose X just because a bunch of idiots want to use it for purpose Y?

Dog Botherer

Joe Rogan is on the ivermectin now

chveik

of course he is the thick cunt

MojoJojo

Quote from: Mister Six on September 01, 2021, 11:47:24 PM
Not "funny", completely reasonable. Why deplete stocks of a medicine used for purpose X just because a bunch of idiots want to use it for purpose Y?

I'm not saying it was a sarcastic post, but there's a  "just asking questions" form of Internet discourse that can be mocked by imitation.

Drygate

Quote from: Dog Botherer on September 01, 2021, 11:47:38 PM
Joe Rogan is on the ivermectin now

It's a bit much to spend months disparaging the vaccines, saying covid is no big deal, then getting covid and having the best/most expensive treatments known to man, recover in a day, then (presumably) carrying on telling everyone covid's nothing to worry about. At least he didn't have to take the stuff for horses.

bgmnts

Just had to throw a semen retention bit at the end, just in case you didn't know he was already a gormless cunt.

How do people who practice semen retention to turn themselves into productive, successful alphas prevent wet dreams?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Drygate on September 02, 2021, 09:04:33 AM
It's a bit much to spend months disparaging the vaccines, saying covid is no big deal, then getting covid and having the best/most expensive treatments known to man, recover in a day, then (presumably) carrying on telling everyone covid's nothing to worry about.

Copying Trump almost exactly.

Ferris

Quote from: Drygate on September 02, 2021, 10:19:11 AM
To be fair, Trump did turn pro vaccine in the end.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-urges-supporters-to-get-coronavirus-vaccine/ar-BB1eEGrR

He told some people once to get vaccines (or not to, you can be free to choose either way, but that he got one) 6 months after they became widely available, and probably 4 months after it became obvious there were serious problems with his political base refusing them in line with literally every other piece of messaging he had on covid.

He's the person who politicized the issue in the first place - nowhere else on earth has vaccines as a partisan political signifier. He said it was no big deal and that it was all a conspiracy to make him look bad, poisoned the minds of ~35% of the country and has done nothing to stop it because it might hurt his ego, and after hundreds of thousands of preventable deaths he says "oh maybe take it, maybe don't, got to have your freedoms!"

There's no "to be fair" required - he's letting inculcated people kill themselves because it benefits him politically and financially - trying to persuade them to save themselves might cause them to look for a new messiah and that might damage his ability to draw attention.

He doesn't get a pass for a throwaway line at a rally months too late (that he immediately walks back), and I'm baffled why you think he would.

Drygate

That wasn't all he said though:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/mar/04/rachel-maddow/what-trump-said-encourage-covid-19-vaccine-use/

I've no fondness for Trump btw. I'm surprised you're baffled why I'm saying he did endorse vaccines.

Some prominent democrats have a pretty shaky record on the vacciness too so it wasn't just Trump trying to politicize them.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/09/trump-deranged-democrats-endanger-lives-by-blocking-vaccines/

Ferris

Two tweets (October and December 2020), then declining to say if he'd get a shot, getting one in secret and not announcing it until it leaks months later, then radio silence for 6 months until a hastily walked-back line at a rally? Yeah he's been a real advocate. I think he's made more public comments on the LA Dodgers winning the World Series.

Are you the guy who was giving credence to ivermectin in the other thread?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tendentious guy all the way through. Steps back when he thinks the backlash is coming then waits for the next space to plug his agenda.

Ferris

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 02, 2021, 11:16:25 AM
Tendentious guy all the way through. Steps back when he thinks the backlash is coming then waits for the next space to plug his agenda.

Yeah but on the other hand I know a lot about baseball so you take the rough with the smooth.

Drygate

No, I've never endorsed Ivermectin.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe Florida Department of Education has started withholding salaries of school board members in violation of Gov. Ron DeSantis' (R-FL) ban on mask mandates, despite a judge ruling the ban unconstitutional.

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1432684699588169728

Witholding salaries from people for helping reduce the risk of children, teachers and families getting COVID. Just vile.

In other USA news, people have been charged in Chicago with selling fake vaccine cards.

QuoteThirteen people who purchased the cards -- all of whom are believed to work in frontline and essential-employee settings, including hospitals and nursing homes - were also charged

https://abc7chicago.com/fake-vaccine-card-fraud-scam-conspiracy/10991423/

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteA video celebrating the return to school by the Tennessee Department of Education on Tuesday drew sharp criticism across social media.

The 41-second video features education commissioner Penny Schwinn, who shares her own memories of excitedly starting school as a kindergartner.

"All of our students — 1 million of them — across the state of Tennessee are starting the school year right now," Schwinn said. "The smell of new books, clean hallways, the energy and feeling of being back in classrooms with their friends and their teachers. It's such a special time, and I am so excited for our state."

She then asked parents to share stories about why they are excited for the new school year in the comments.

The video received swift feedback from parents and teachers experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks, quarantines and a growing number of schools already closing as the virus spreads. As of Wednesday, Tennessee was averaging a record-setting 2,330 infections per day among school-age children, age 5 to 18, according to state data...

You can see the video here: https://eu.tennessean.com/story/news/education/2021/09/01/tennessee-education-department-tone-deaf-back-to-school-video-backlash-controversy-covid/5678267001/

Maybe those sentiments should have been saved for a time when parents aren't terrified of their children getting sick if they go to school, especially given how child hospitalisations due to COVID are rising in the state (73 in a state of just under 7 million people).

The state also discovered it undercounted its COVID hospitalisations by 5,100 over the last 14 months.

https://eu.tennessean.com/story/news/health/2021/08/31/tennessee-underreported-covid-19-hospitalizations-5100/5670622001/

QuoteAccording to a new report released this week by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which analyzed virus data from the week prior, Tennessee recorded 489 new coronavirus infections for every 100,000 residents in the state.

Not only is that infection rate one of the highest in the nation, but it also grew 53% from the previous week, an increase that is more than 45 other states.

Perhaps Schwinn could have emphasised the importance of children wearing masks at school and called for parents to test their children with lateral flow tests twice a week rather than some twee trip down memory lane. Does Tennesse have a school mask mandate or use lateral flow tests?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Drygate on September 02, 2021, 10:19:11 AM
To be fair, Trump did turn pro vaccine in the end.

It was interesting to see Trump tell people to get vaccines at that rally and they all go "Booooo!!!". He realised the power of his own bullshit then. That even his own cult won't even listen to him on vaccines now. That his bullshit is so strong that even he can't reverse it in his most fervent supporters.

It's kind of fascinating. Although conspiracy theories, vaccine denial, Mormonism and all manner of nonsense go back over a century in America so maybe it's not that surprising.

Drygate

I guess a lot of those sentiments, anti vax, racism, storming the capitol, etc, were around before Trump and he just jumped on the bandwagon then found out the hard way that he couldn't stop the train even if he wanted to.

Or something...

mothman

Quote from: Drygate on September 02, 2021, 12:47:39 PM
No, I've never endorsed Ivermectin.

Just insinuated that maybe it's not that bad because the active ingredient is in other things too.

Quote from: Drygate on September 02, 2021, 06:45:46 PM
I guess a lot of those sentiments, anti vax, racism, storming the capitol, etc, were around before Trump and he just jumped on the bandwagon then found out the hard way that he couldn't stop the train even if he wanted to.

Or something...

A stopped clock, etc.

Dex Sawash

Saw a story about Los Angeles County schools are testing all 500k students and staff weekly. They have their own lab with 1000 employees.

Fambo Number Mive

In other good news from the US:

QuoteSan Diego County will ramp up efforts to counter medical misinformation after the Board of Supervisors voted 3-2 to declare medical misinformation a public health crisis.
The board approved the measure Tuesday following a tumultuous, 15-hour meeting that included eight hours of often angry public comment against vaccine and mask mandates. Democratic Supervisors Nathan Fletcher, Nora Vargas and Terra Lawson-Remer voted in favor of the resolution, and Republican Supervisors Jim Desmond and Joel Anderson opposed it.

Fletcher said the measure is necessary to ensure that misleading statements about COVID-19 don't hinder doctors and nurses from treating patients, as surging COVID-19 cases fill hospitals again. He added that San Diego County is the first county in the nation to pass such a resolution...

JamesTC

The blind leading the blind.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Drygate on September 02, 2021, 06:45:46 PM

Or something...

Yea this is it. He never manipulated, only lazily accelerated things. 7d cheese more like

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: JamesTC on September 04, 2021, 08:16:21 AM

The blind leading the blind.

Can't even process all these blokes who shot their family/leg while showing their gun off for all the people who got tricked by Facebook into poisoning themselves! What a state

bgmnts

I know it goes against the hippocratic oath but hospitals should definitely be allowed to turn away these morons and let these pond life die.

Fambo Number Mive

Three schools in Vancouver, Washington went into lockdown on Friday due to an anti-mask protest by far-right groups including the Proud Boys.

QuoteVancouver Public Schools officials confirmed on Friday that the Skyview High School, Alki Middle School and Chinook Elementary were put in lockdown after members of the far-right Proud Boys tried to gain access to school grounds, according to witnesses.

Pat Nuzzo, communications director for the district, called the lockdown's a "safety precaution."

"This is related to yesterday's protest against Washington state's requirement for staff and students to wear masks or face coverings in schools and on buses," Nuzzo wrote to OPB...

"All the learning gets disrupted. We have to sit down quietly, not make noise, and we were hunkered down in our classrooms for around an hour to an hour-and-a-half," said Lucas, a 16-year-old high school student at Skyview. OPB is withholding Lucas' last name to protect his identity...

https://www.opb.org/article/2021/09/03/vancouver-schools-lockdown-anti-mask-protesters-entry/

Disrupting children's education to own the libs.

Dex Sawash

I've just looked it up and discovered there is some Vancouver in USA and your event happened in the american bit not the canuck part. Carry on fambo.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Dex Sawash on September 04, 2021, 12:18:32 PM
I've just looked it up and discovered there is some Vancouver in USA and your event happened in the american bit not the canuck part. Carry on fambo.

Plays havoc with booking flights, and don't get me started on Manchester, Washington 😡

Ferris

Every so often someone in Europe gets cheap flights to Sydney, Nova Scotia and makes the local papers.