News:

Registrations are currently delayed due to a spam wave, please bear with me.

Glinner: thread for backseat moderators and hand-wringing [split topic]

Started by QDRPHNC, June 20, 2020, 03:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Just scroll past the Mumsnet stuff, Jesus Christ. It's not like there's much of it. And the "it's not notable" argument applies to tons of the idiots on Twitter and in the SGB comments, and people still post those up in the Glinner thread. It's long been about more than just Linehan in any case, and the only disadvantage that I can see is that talking about non-Glin stuff makes it marginally harder to calculate the velocity of his flight into madness.

Ambient Sheep

Just for the record, I have no issue with Mumsnet stuff in the Glinner threads, providing it's about them discussing trans issues.  Which as far as I can remember, it always has been.

JaDanketies

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on September 27, 2021, 05:22:29 PM
going to wring my hands around and say that the racecar bed jokes and ESPECIALLY the carbonara ones and where's my wife ones are embarrassingly stale[nb]banana jokes also going mouldy[/nb]

it's nearly the year of our lord 2022

just my opinion w/e fight me

The Carbonara is mouldy, the racecar bed is one-note, but mocking the divorce still has a lot of life left imo

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on September 28, 2021, 05:34:14 AM
Just for the record, I have no issue with Mumsnet stuff in the Glinner threads, providing it's about them discussing trans issues.  Which as far as I can remember, it always has been.

All part of the extended Glinnerverse, these are his people.

Sonny_Jim

You see I'm the opposite, I think pretty much everything is fair game EXCEPT the wife and kids stuff.  It's not that I feel pity for him, it's just I think she would appreciate it if she could be completely dissociated with the vile bigot he has become.

Kankurette

The only time I've ever posted Mumsnet-related stuff in that thread is if it's TERF shit.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Yeah the Mumsnet posts are few and far between and the ones that are posted are TERF- and Glinner-related. A "Mumsnet thread" would get pushed off the first page fairly quickly and then would have to be dug out to be updated, if anybody cared to update it.

Chollis

wasn't Mumsnet the first place are Graham turned to on that fateful night (of his twitter banning)?

idunnosomename

phantom_power

That BBB line is a classic. It is like he transmogrified from Graham Linehan to Lister in his Twitter grief

canadagoose

JaDanketies

Quote from: canadagoose on September 28, 2021, 12:42:50 PM
It's Gary Gary Gary Glinner

Quote from: JaDanketies on March 09, 2021, 10:56:12 AM

"He's Graham Graham Graham Glinner,
There's carbonara for his dinner,
In his bed he's a Grand Prix winner,
He's Graham Graham Glinner..."

canadagoose