Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:09:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Group Hug - it's ok to feel like shit

Started by MojoJojo, November 12, 2020, 10:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: SpiderChrist on January 14, 2022, 06:42:00 PMBut you lot are lovely

This place has been a real refuge

Gif bless us, every one!

Big love to you, SpiderChrist and Kankurette and others. I'm so sorry it's been so tough lately I really am. Wishing hard for a more fortunate year for youse. I know you're strong and wonderful folk xx

Kankurette

Thanks. Right now I really do feel like the world would be a better place without me.

mothman

Kankurette

I'm sorry. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. My period isn't due for ages. The only thing I can think of is that I went to the Christie (big Manc cancer hospital) on Tuesday for follow-up and there's nowt wrong with me as far as I know, it's just protocol and I've got to be on the cancer pathway for ten years because apparently that's standard for osteosarcoma (and the form I had was quite rare, usually it occurs in the limbs, not the face), and I just had my bloods taken and a scan booked and that was it. It's not like I'm dying or anything so I have no idea why it's upset me so much, if that's it. Maybe seeing all the cancer patients subconsciously reminded me of my dad.

Midland Railway, my former band, are playing tomorrow and I should go and see them, the bassist is pleading with people to come and she's a mate, but I don't know if I'd feel up to it. I left acrimoniously in 2007 after a fight with the drummer, who's now dead, and going to see them does feel a bit awkward. Sometimes I've gone to gigs in a bad mood and ended up being much happier (like Space in Manchester last year - it was when Watford beat Everton 5-2 and if I'd stayed home I'd have self-harmed, I was a weeping mess by the end of the match). Other times, it turned out to be a bad idea and I've ended up having meltdowns or walking out.

mothman

People were talking about a crisis in MH care before all this shit started. And then we got two years of said shit and still no end in sight. I'm feeling pretty down myself and I haven't been to any cancer wards recently! So absolutely you're likely to feel odd. I'm not a therapist, I don't really to know what to suggest except maybe try not to be alone and dwelling on stuff if you can avoid it. The band might be a good idea. The bassist wouldn't have asked if she didn't want you there full stop. And as she's a friend, can you contact her directly and sound her out about you specifically coming to see them, that you're worried about it being awkward?

Kankurette

Thanks. She didn't ask me personally, she posted on her Instagram to promote the gig.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I'm not a massive fan of their music.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

They were a far superior band when you were in them.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Kankurette on January 14, 2022, 07:39:37 PMThanks. Right now I really do feel like the world would be a better place without me.

Nah. Not true.

Kankurette

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on January 15, 2022, 04:31:40 AMThey were a far superior band when you were in them.
They actually were, but not because of me - the lead guitarist was great. Far better singer than the lead singer was too.

flotemysost

I often skim past the sticky threads but just seen this and I'm so sorry to read everything you've been through, SpiderChrist and Kankurette. You're not alone, big hugs to you both (and anyone else who's struggling). x

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Kankurette on January 14, 2022, 07:39:37 PMThanks. Right now I really do feel like the world would be a better place without me.

I've felt like that at various points in my life but am so glad I didn't kill myself now, I know in the heart of the storm things can seem like there's no way out but sometimes life can change in surprising ways, and I really hope it does for you.

Really sorry to hear about everything that you've been through too SpiderChrist, one alone would be a headfuck so to have to deal with all of those is horribly unfair, and again, I really hope things improve for you soon too.

bgmnts

The world genuinely would be a better place without me no doubt hut fuck that i'm not giving the gods or the universe that satisfaction. Til the bitter end.

SpiderChrist

Sorry, me again.

Yesterday my wife's JSA was stopped - she's spent the last year caring for her dad after his stroke, but apparently that's irrelevant. He died end of October so she's not in the best place anyway. And we don't qualify for UCI because I earn too much (my salary is below the median wage). So, on top of all the shit that's happened over the past 18 months or so, now we're being penalised for circumstances beyond our control.

Fuck this government, fuck this country, fuck all of it.

Glebe

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Dog had a stroke on 6th January. He seemed to be recovering well at first (eating/drinking, alert) but he can't stand up on his own and when I do get him up he's very wobbly. Vet's given him ten more days on medication, but said that if he's not improved by next Thursday, well.

Glebe

racecar bed indy 500

Hope you're all feelin at least a little better, Poirot, Kankurette, and Spider. The others too. All of that is beyond stressful.

I'm mostly fucked up right now because catching covid's derailed the job search I've been on and it's hard to even do fun things I like cooped up completely losing track of time, even moreso than the pandemic caused prior to me actually catching this.

Glebe

Get well soon racecar. Hugs all around. There seems to be a bit of a silver lining with Omnicron generally being a less severe variant and this Danish variant appearing to be similar to it. Covid isn't going anywhere of course but there is tentative talk of the pandemic finally ending.

We lifted restrictions far too early for my liking here on the Emerald Isle but cases have continued to drop nonetheless. Fingers crossed, it's been a bloody awful almost-two-years for everyone.

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 18, 2022, 10:47:25 AMDog had a stroke on 6th January. He seemed to be recovering well at first (eating/drinking, alert) but he can't stand up on his own and when I do get him up he's very wobbly. Vet's given him ten more days on medication, but said that if he's not improved by next Thursday, well.
Put him to sleep this morning. It was the right thing to do.

mothman

Sorry to hear that PBGC. It must feel awful, but it's better than him suffering.

Quote from: mothman on January 28, 2022, 09:33:18 PMSorry to hear that PBGC. It must feel awful, but it's better than him suffering.
He was ready to go. I'm very sad but he had a very long life and until the stroke his quality of life was very good.

chveik

Crenners

Very sorry to hear that, Poirot. I will be devastated when mine go, probably will not react well, so I'm thinking of you and sending a CaB hug. It sounds like you gave him a happy and comfortable life. ❤️

Quote from: chveik on January 28, 2022, 09:40:06 PMvery sorry to hear that poirot
thanks chevik.

Quote from: Crenners on January 28, 2022, 09:43:51 PMVery sorry to hear that, Poirot. I will be devastated when mine go, probably will not react well, so I'm thinking of you and sending a CaB hug. It sounds like you gave him a happy and comfortable life. ❤️
Feed yours something extra special over the weekend. That goes for everybody else with a pet who reads this.

non capisco

Midas

Sorry to hear that Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse and racecar bed indy 500 and SpiderChrist

and everyone else

feel so shite because i never know what to say

but please take care of yourselves.

Glebe

Kankurette

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on January 28, 2022, 09:30:32 PMPut him to sleep this morning. It was the right thing to do.
I'm sorry for your loss. I know it's a small comfort to you, but at least he's at peace now and no longer in pain. <3

racecar bed indy 500

Thanks Midas, Glebe. A few days ago was one of the worst days I've felt but its all been upwards from there for me. What sucks though is now my girlfriend may have it. Not from me mind you, as we don't live together yet. Her being sick now is stressing me out even more than my own case at this point as I feel like I should be helping more than I am reasonably able to.

Besides that I'm keeping up with fluids and trying with rest, not succeeding some nights I must admit.

Sorry Poirot, that's always a hard decision. It was right though, even though it always hurts. I know if I currently had any pets I'd follow your request of giving them something special. Perhaps when I do, I shall on the anniversary, if that would help. I know anniversaries of that nature can be hard when they come around.