Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:15:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Fashion Thread

Started by Blue Jam, December 01, 2020, 12:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Sherringford Hovis

Quote from: Dex Sawash on January 20, 2022, 12:41:44 PMgentle all-over compression...The rest of you people can continue with your medieval belt torture if you want, I will be laughing in my pull-on jeans.

Stretchiness in jeans is increasingly necessary as age accumulates. These cringingly Jan 6th Gravy Seals "Tactical Jeans" are Walter Mitty magnets for sure, but wonderful, wonderful to wear - a buttock-Wonderbra that lifts and defines my gimmer glutes back into the pulchritudinous posterior I possessed quarter of a century ago. Big fan of the elasticated waist too - no more plumbers' crack for me. And velcro waist instead of buttons - solid nursing home chic flogged to pasty fat guys who wished they'd been a cop or in the army.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I like that they're called "Greyman". Very apt.

Ferris

I had similar joy with my summer cargo shorts. Had to put up lights in the loft - managed to get my cordless drill with battery pack, plus spare battery, plus 2 boxes of screws and light bulbs in my shorts when going up a ladder plus my usual phone and pocket knife and I still had a spare pocket.

It was amazing. I felt free.

rjd2

Ok.

I need a casual jacket I can wear all year, I only ever wear Polo shirts unless its a something incredibly formal and even then its a stretch. Yes I am a pleb.

I was looking at clothes site recommended online and these 3 came up,,,anything stick out at all?

I am very bad when it comes to fashion sadly, how bad? I ended up reading a telegraph article at 5.30 in the morning on this.

https://neemlondon.com/collections/shop-collection/products/recycled-grey-overshirt
https://oliverspencer.co.uk/collections/sale-coats-jackets/products/hockney-jacket-linton-mint-green?variant=37133538820272
https://aubinandwills.next.co.uk/style/st842161/M23022#M23022

Blue Jam

Quote from: Sherringford Hovis on January 20, 2022, 11:03:58 PMStretchiness in jeans is increasingly necessary as age accumulates. These cringingly Jan 6th Gravy Seals "Tactical Jeans" are Walter Mitty magnets for sure, but wonderful, wonderful to wear - a buttock-Wonderbra that lifts and defines my gimmer glutes back into the pulchritudinous posterior I possessed quarter of a century ago. Big fan of the elasticated waist too - no more plumbers' crack for me. And velcro waist instead of buttons - solid nursing home chic flogged to pasty fat guys who wished they'd been a cop or in the army.

I love the fact that they're being modelled by someone posing as a cowboy. Can't have them modelled by the real target market, no-one would buy them.

I like the name too, and I hope you've got a tactleneck (tactical turtle neck) for head-to-toe tactical pull-on chic.

I got a "tactical fanny pack" for running. The most badass way for a wheezing asthmatic to keep their inhaler to hand:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forbidden-Tactical-Military-Waterproof-Detachable/dp/B089F45M17

Could do with more tactical clothing. Serving up a bit of fierce Mike from Spaced realness.

Ferris

You've just reminded me I own a merino turtleneck in a drawer somewhere. Should dig that out, they must be due a comeback.

Dex Sawash

I'd be on those tactical trousers but don't think I have any shirts that would look right.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Just seen that Manfred Theirry Mugler has died at 73. Really big, big fan of his work. He's not been the director of his label for some time, but his work was so wonderful and a huge inspiration to me for a long time. The best and most daring fashion. Unapologetically queer. A lifelong dream to own some Mugler. Bit devastated rn

Ray Travez

I can see why you like his work so much- it's dramatic and sleek, feminine but uncompromising.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 22, 2022, 11:37:33 AMI love the fact that they're being modelled by someone posing as a cowboy. Can't have them modelled by the real target market, no-one would buy them.

I like the name too, and I hope you've got a tactleneck (tactical turtle neck) for head-to-toe tactical pull-on chic.

I got a "tactical fanny pack" for running. The most badass way for a wheezing asthmatic to keep their inhaler to hand:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Forbidden-Tactical-Military-Waterproof-Detachable/dp/B089F45M17

Could do with more tactical clothing. Serving up a bit of fierce Mike from Spaced realness.
Don't tactical belts pull your trousers down? Even if they're not through your belt loops, all that weight around your hips is like someone tugging firmly downwards in the manner of an American high school bully.

Blue Jam

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on January 26, 2022, 10:54:57 AMDon't tactical belts pull your trousers down? Even if they're not through your belt loops, all that weight around your hips is like someone tugging firmly downwards in the manner of an American high school bully.

Not when you're wearing leggings. Again, pull-on clothing is a game changer.

Cuellar

'Tactical' jeans and Thierry Mugler, CaB has some range

The Frank Butcher

I bought quite a nice belt today, but it seems to have fallen out of my bag on the way home. Despite the small size of my army surplus canvas bag and the fact that I'd only put a scarf, a notepad and a biro in there I still rummaged through it in disbelief, as if it might be a wardrobe to a Narnia of belts. It was the last one. It's the first belt I've had since I was about 5 that hasn't felt like cardboard. It didn't have a design, and the buckle too was purely functional, but it had a 'played in' feel. I've got to let it go haven't I.

The third prong-hole was in the exact right place, to the millimetre - no shirt bunching, no corset effect, nothing. I've - we've all - been through enough, and then this.

Ferris

Three words mate: elasticized woven belt.

It'll change your world.

bgmnts

Fuck elasticated belt, this is my fashion end goal:

flotemysost

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on January 24, 2022, 12:48:15 AMJust seen that Manfred Theirry Mugler has died at 73. Really big, big fan of his work. He's not been the director of his label for some time, but his work was so wonderful and a huge inspiration to me for a long time. The best and most daring fashion. Unapologetically queer. A lifelong dream to own some Mugler. Bit devastated rn

Late to this but sad news indeed, loved his designs - all that theatrical, fetishistic femininity.

Also, I know these days it's probably as synonymous with early-00s trash culture as a pink velour Juicy Couture tracksuit or a square-tipped French manicure, but I really liked his label's Angel perfume, the original one in the star-shaped bottle. I normally go for more earthy, spicy, sandalwood-y scents but I enjoy the unapologetic sugariness of that one, it's almost obnoxious.

Ray Travez

I also want to come out as an elasticated belt wearer, but each time I get the urge it's underneath various photos of Thierry Mugler's designs, just to make me feel extra-slobby. But no, Ferris is right, it's a game-changer, as are jeans with elastane.

Picked up a black leather jacket in Barnado's for six quid, so I'm making it through the Winter dressed like a member of the Velvet Underground. The extra-comfy, elasticated member.

Ferris

The elastication is excellent for CaBbers of all shapes and sizes. I'm fairly trim, I just think normal belts are squares.

Magnum Valentino

Does anybody have a reliable method for taking a new pair of jeans and getting rid of that sort of 'fuzz' that well-worn jeans don't have that DOESN'T involve wearing them to work for two years?

I've a black pair of Levis but lint and fluff stick to them like fuck so I can't enjoy the fact I've lost weight and had to buy a smaller pair a trousers because they look awful.

Can I just wash them like ten times, will that work? Honestly have no idea if what I'm talking about is possible.

Dex Sawash

Just purge all the lint and fluff from your life

Ray Travez

I've got a vague memory of someone talking about shaving their clothes, possibly with a specific instrument made for the purpose but I don't know if that would work for what you describe

dissolute ocelot

I would suggest stone washing or sand-washing but don't want to be responsible for knackering your washing machine. Some combination of rough stone and rollers would do the trick (one of those heavy stone garden rollers?). Using a razor blade is suggested but that might be more for pilling and lint balls and bobbly jumpers. Maybe ironing or a trouser press?

audiocreator

Quote from: Ray Travez on December 01, 2020, 12:44:03 PMSocks are a bit of a let-down, they were sent me as a Christmas gift by Paddy Power last year. They're green with white snowflakes.   

Fuckin' hell.

PlanktonSideburns

So, paddypower socks
Hush puppies
Elasticated stonewashed jorts
Elesticated belt
Stonewashed elasticated hat
fur coat

Is this the CAB look?

Ferris

Dex Sawash

Just discovered Levis 311 ladies super skinny jeans with real fly, belt loops and button, fit just like jeggings except for the bottom 6" are loose at ankle and can still just pull them on without using the hardware. Double bonus is I wear 36 waist in mens size but 29 or 30 in womens jeans. ($15, Costco)

touchingcloth

I've recently replaced my glasses, and yet again my prescription changed along with my old lenses getting scratched to shit.

I've thrown out too many pairs of barely-worn prescription sunglasses due to this I the past, so I think this time it might be time to bring back the clip-on flip-ups. Are they cool again?

poodlefaker

Yes they are; Cubitts do them, but prob. only to fit their own frames.

Blue Jam

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 09, 2022, 10:21:28 PMI've recently replaced my glasses, and yet again my prescription changed along with my old lenses getting scratched to shit.

I've thrown out too many pairs of barely-worn prescription sunglasses due to this I the past, so I think this time it might be time to bring back the clip-on flip-ups. Are they cool again?

https://lensology.co.uk/

Got my old frames reglazed recently, opticians who did the eye test quoted me £200, Lensology did it for £54. Dead happy with the service.