Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:02:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Fashion Thread

Started by Blue Jam, December 01, 2020, 12:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: Blue Jam on March 09, 2022, 11:46:35 PMhttps://lensology.co.uk/

Got my old frames reglazed recently, opticians who did the eye test quoted me £200, Lensology did it for £54. Dead happy with the service.

I don't wear sunnies often enough to make dedicated prescription ones cost effective, is the problem. Added to that is the fact that the prescription glasses I just bought in Portugal cost nearly double what I usually pay for a pair in the UK - €150 rather than £80 - largely because the online options aren't as good. I'd be tempted to go with an online seller from the UK again, but Sod's law dictates that I'd end up with some glazing funnies with my astigmatism correction and end up having to deal with international shipping to sort it out. Ugh.

Cheap non-prescription flippers might be the easiest and cheapest solution, and, damme, I'll make it the most stylish one if it kills me.

Ferris

I do the inverse and use our benefits/insurance to get "prescription" sunglasses, then ask them to include a set of non-prescription lenses, then oh just leave the non-prescription lenses in (and throw the others in the bin, I have perfect vision) please.

Only works on specific styles that are very lens-replaceable, but got 2 pairs of raybans out of this, including these lovely aluminum RB 3507s

PlanktonSideburns

Ferris

New pair of corduroys, absolute bangers. Sort of purple-brown colour, the receipt informs me the official shade is "bitter chocolate" which I love as a description. Have to wear fairly neutral tshirt but yeah for 35 quid new what a buy.

Need a pair of sneakers for summer (my converse have finally dropped to bits after 4 years and a trip to the ocean last weekend), eyeing up a pair feiyues:

Purple trousers, feiyue sneakers, and tshirts I buy from breweries or indie bands - I don't think my wardrobe has changed since I was about 15.