Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:03:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

NoSleep

Quote from: olliebean on January 19, 2022, 10:21:00 AMThere's a video around somewhere of Peter Gabriel at work (I think it was in a BBC4 documentary or something) where his songs are mostly nonsense sounds and phrases in the early stages. I think I've seen Phil Collins doing similar in footage of Genesis working up a new song. And Mike Oldfield went the whole hog and just left the nonsense syllables in the finished songs. (As did the Beatles with goo goo g'joob, of course.)

Some bands just stick with the original gobbledegook: Yes, Magma, Cocteau Twins.

Quote from: olliebean on January 19, 2022, 10:21:00 AMThere's a video around somewhere of Peter Gabriel at work (I think it was in a BBC4 documentary or something) where his songs are mostly nonsense sounds and phrases in the early stages.

"Gabrielese" @19.30m

touchingcloth

Quote from: NoSleep on January 19, 2022, 12:33:47 PMSome bands just stick with the original gobbledegook: Yes, Magma, Cocteau Twins.

Sigur Ros.

Ferris

Having spent ages getting into spicy stuff, I knew that jalapeños tasted very familiar but for ages I couldn't figure out why.

It was green peppers, obviously, because they're basically the same.

Norton Canes

The dogs aren't called Julius

touchingcloth

Dex Sawash

^ I approve of this sort of thing but now the guffaw thread is problematic I'll just clog up this thread instead

touchingcloth

Freezers stick closed after being shut cos of the warm air contracting and Flemings vacuum, not because they're designed to stick shut.

Edit: I think "Flemings" was meant to read "causing a". Quite the autocorrect.

Sonny_Jim

I thought the insulating seal had a magnetic strip in it?

touchingcloth

It does to keep it held shut, but I'm talking about that thing when you first close the freezer and it sticks shit for half a minute or so before you can open it again.

Dex Sawash

Username @DistressedArea is bald spot reference

gilbertharding

Quote from: Norton Canes on January 27, 2022, 09:22:23 AMThe dogs aren't called Julius

I used to think that the horse on the Kent county coat of arms was called Invicta. Or, as Harry Hill once suggested, Invicta is Latin for horse.

The Dog

The Dog

Bungle from rainbow was an ewok from the forest moon of Endor.

The Dog

Lot of people think he's from the same planet as Chewbacca, but that is a wookie error.

Icehaven

Tom Hank's wife is Frasier's mum.

Dex Sawash

Brothers and sister, I have none but

Quote from: icehaven on February 01, 2022, 10:27:31 PMTom Hank's wife is Frasier's mum.

dissolute ocelot

^ Tom Hanks's brother Jim is a Fake Tom Hanks, working as body double and voice actor for lower budget spin-offs (mainly as an ersatz Woody), but their other brother Larry is an entomology professor

beanheadmcginty

When people type out sentences on the internet where the LeTtErS aLtErNaTe LiKe ThIs it is because they are trying to convey a sarcastic tone of voice.

Replies From View

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on February 02, 2022, 03:13:58 PMWhen people type out sentences on the internet where the LeTtErS aLtErNaTe LiKe ThIs it is because they are trying to convey a sarcastic tone of voice.

Oh, what a shame that it doesn't manage.

Sonny_Jim

I always felt /s was a more 'grownup' version of the alternating letters thing.  Or maybe I'm just old.  That was how we did it in IRC back in my day *grumble grumble*.  I still type /me into Facebook messenger.

Fuck I'm old..

Cerys

In Trainspotting, Renton shags a girl who turns out to be fourteen years old.  Her name is Dianne.  An anagram of 'dinnae' - meaning 'don't'.

Icehaven

Quote from: Cerys on February 03, 2022, 06:45:49 AMIn Trainspotting, Renton shags a girl who turns out to be fourteen years old.  Her name is Dianne.  An anagram of 'dinnae' - meaning 'don't'.

I've not read the book, only seen the film but I think she's supposed to be older in that (the actress was 20), her being 14 would have been a bit much even in 1996. Also there's only the one 'n' in her name in the film too.

AsparagusTrevor

She's in school in the film though, and Renton's reaction when he finds out is worrying about going to prison, so she must be 15 at the oldest.

gilbertharding

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on February 02, 2022, 03:13:58 PMWhen people type out sentences on the internet where the LeTtErS aLtErNaTe LiKe ThIs it is because they are trying to convey a sarcastic tone of voice.

Whenever I use it - and I'm sorry, I do use it from time to time - it's not just that (that's what quote marks are for), but to highlight the fact the idea is ludicrous/whacky.

touchingcloth

Cerys

Quote from: icehaven on February 04, 2022, 12:18:07 PMI've not read the book, only seen the film but I think she's supposed to be older in that (the actress was 20), her being 14 would have been a bit much even in 1996. Also there's only the one 'n' in her name in the film too.

In the book she's fourteen and is Dianne. 

beanheadmcginty

The scene in the Great Escape where Gordon Jackson gets his papers checked by a Nazi and responds to "good luck" with "thank you" takes place as they are getting on a coach. I would've bet everything I own on it taking place aboard a train.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Cerys on February 04, 2022, 01:50:57 PMIn the book she's fourteen and is Dianne. 

In the film she's older and spells her name "Diane".

Cerys

That makes me think it's more likely that the anagram thing was deliberate.  If you can see the name written down not too far from the word 'dinnae', it clicks in a way just hearing both words wouldn't.