Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:49:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

touchingcloth

Cerys

I see what you did there.

olliebean

This thread is past its use-by date.

dissolute ocelot

touchingcloth

You need to qualify for the limpic, so it's not every sport has 1 x entrant from every country on the planet.

Icehaven

The Met police force only covers Greater London, so Cressida Dick wasn't the chief police officer of the whole country, just of London.

Replies From View

Only Greater London as well, not Great or Greatest Londons.

Icehaven

And The City Of London, which is a little hole in the middle of Greater, has it's own police force, who presumably spend all day telling city boys to stop pissing in the street.

touchingcloth

The City of London police have bowler hats instead of helmets and canes instead of truncheons.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 12, 2022, 10:47:03 PMThe City of London police have bowler hats instead of helmets and canes instead of truncheons.

yeah but they only arrest people for saying 'fuck the pound'.

touchingcloth

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac which I dimly remember from the subprime mortgage crash aren't banks named after people with those names, but phoneticised acronyms of government bodies. It's not really a surprise the crash happened given the people involved thought that Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC) and  Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) were anything close to Freddie and Fannie.

buttgammon

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 13, 2022, 10:42:50 AMFannie Mae and Freddie Mac which I dimly remember from the subprime mortgage crash aren't banks named after people with those names, but phoneticised acronyms of government bodies. It's not really a surprise the crash happened given the people involved thought that Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation (FHLMC) and  Federal National Mortgage Association (FNMA) were anything close to Freddie and Fannie.

Never knew that! As bad as the phonetics are, it does make some degree of sense because I always thought they were very silly names for what I presumed were finance companies.

seepage

Paul Calf

Lowest-common-demoninator novelty bollock rapper Bhad Bhabie is the same person as cultural sewer-dredger and virtuoso barrel-bottom-scraper Danielle 'Cash Me Outside HowBow Dah' Bregoli.

And - one really for the hatfuck thread - she has a personal fortune of $8m.

Warning: contains swears and is so irritating you'll need Anthisan.

gilbertharding

I haven't heard 'how bow da?' for ages. Bit sad it never caught on as a saying.

gilbertharding

Quote from: buttgammon on February 13, 2022, 11:01:59 AMNever knew that! As bad as the phonetics are, it does make some degree of sense because I always thought they were very silly names for what I presumed were finance companies.

Americans can (seemingly) only remember phone numbers (remember remembering phone numbers?) if they form acronyms. Same with PIN numbers - there was a whole Seinfeld episode about it, which my wife simply didn't understand.

*cue Buzbyposter to post about STD codes spelling the names of telephone exchanges*

Starlit

Ready Salted isn't a flavour, but a description.

You don't neat to add salt, these crisps are already salted.

touchingcloth

Quote from: gilbertharding on February 16, 2022, 11:38:22 AMI haven't heard 'how bow da?' for ages. Bit sad it never caught on as a saying.

Ferris

studpuppet

Quote from: icehaven on February 12, 2022, 10:38:14 PMAnd The City Of London, which is a little hole in the middle of Greater, has it's own police force, who presumably spend all day telling city boys to stop pissing in the street.

TBF, for a decade or so they also spent their day telling van drivers with Irish accents not to drive through their patch thankyouverymuch.

touchingcloth

The Apollo 1 Command Module was sat atop a Saturn V rocket on the launchpad when it caught fire.

I must have known this, but the mental image I had was of it happening with the Command Module in a hangar on the ground - I've probably seen images of one being tested in the ground, or else heard audio of the Apollo fire overlaid over images of that sort.

Sonny_Jim

Yeah it was a 'plugs out' test IIRC, so everything as it would be on a launch day sans fuel in the rocket.

famethrowa

General MacArthur's famous catchphrase "I will return" was first said by him at a tiny South Australian railway station. I always assumed it was bellowed from the deck of a mighty ship, or a rocky headland, not whilst changing trains across platforms outside Adelaide.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: famethrowa on February 22, 2022, 02:15:07 AMGeneral MacArthur's famous catchphrase "I will return" was first said by him at a tiny South Australian railway station. I always assumed it was bellowed from the deck of a mighty ship, or a rocky headland, not whilst changing trains across platforms outside Adelaide.
Churchill's "From Stettin in the Baltic to Trieste in the Adriatic, an iron curtain has descended across the Continent" speech was delivered at an obscure private college in Missouri. At least Reagan's "Tear down this wall!" speech was in Berlin. (Although Wikipedia says Reagan's speech was barely reported at the time and only became famous after the Wall was down, so it's unlikely to have influenced anybody to tear anything down.)

NoSleep

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 22, 2022, 10:36:41 AMAt least Reagan's "Tear down this wall!" speech was in Berlin. (Although Wikipedia says Reagan's speech was barely reported at the time and only became famous after the Wall was down, so it's unlikely to have influenced anybody to tear anything down.)

Perhaps not as memorable as "I am a doughnut."

Or a grinning Jimmy Carter in 1977 assuring a crowd in Warsaw that he desired the Poles carnally.

gilbertharding

Quote from: NoSleep on February 22, 2022, 11:12:36 AMPerhaps not as memorable as "I am a doughnut."

Or is it, according to Alan, a newspaper format between a tabloid and a broadsheet?

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 21, 2022, 11:31:30 PMThe Apollo 1 Command Module was sat atop a Saturn V rocket on the launchpad when it caught fire.

I must have known this, but the mental image I had was of it happening with the Command Module in a hangar on the ground - I've probably seen images of one being tested in the ground, or else heard audio of the Apollo fire overlaid over images of that sort.

I've seen a couple of documentaries about it within the last year, and they did give the impression the Command Module was on the ground  with all the crew literally a few feet away just outside the doors. Can't remember exactly why I got that impression but they must have used misleading photographs.

I remember documentaries in the 80s saying that the audio would never be broadcast. The recent documentaries did play the audio.

touchingcloth

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 22, 2022, 10:48:47 PMI've seen a couple of documentaries about it within the last year, and they did give the impression the Command Module was on the ground  with all the crew literally a few feet away just outside the doors. Can't remember exactly why I got that impression but they must have used misleading photographs.

I remember documentaries in the 80s saying that the audio would never be broadcast. The recent documentaries did play the audio.

I've probably seen the same documentary(ies) as you have. The mental image I have when I think of the fire is one of a still photo of the Command Module in a hangar with a bit of Ken Burns-ing going on.

I've long known that the test was "plugs out", which makes the idea of it being disconnected from the rocket more plausible somehow. The plugs were completely out!

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 22, 2022, 10:57:12 PMI've probably seen the same documentary(ies) as you have. The mental image I have when I think of the fire is one of a still photo of the Command Module in a hangar with a bit of Ken Burns-ing going on.

The ones I saw were on the PBS America channel.  When I'm stuck for something to watch I always like a space documentary even though I've seen similar documentaries countless times over the years.

I think it was also when they said they opened the capsule as quick as possible but were too late, then they show a photo of the capsule on the hangar floor, which added to the impression that it was there during the test.